CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's been like 3 of them :/

We need new enginee... you get it the idea.

If Ninja streams some H6 when its out that would be huge for popularity/numbers, kinda like when we were talking about Summit trying to stream H5 a while back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If oddball isn't playing well it shouldn't be used. Adding sub par things to freshen up a game is how we got Reach, 4, and 5

Oddball Truth, and Regret works REALLY well, I love the game play. 

Oddball Plaza I am a little iffy on, but its not bad, far superior to strongholds IMO. The only thing that gets a little frustrating is how spammy that map feels when you spawn locked onto the nest side of the map and have to try and push yard, Tram is an absolute monster of a base to try and get into.

Empire Oddball is a miserable shit hole, just like strongholds, no surprises there.

Overall, oddball is my favorite game type right now, especially on truth.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Royal 2 keeps playing on smurfs  :mj:

Yeah trust me I know, I matched against him the other night like 6-7 times, only game we won was because he had a quitter before his match started lmfao.

• Upvote (+1) 6

We need forge maps!

Why do we have the best forge ever in Halo yet no forge maps in matchmaking/HCS!

I would love to see a remake (officially) of warlock and sanctuary, but I dont know if either would play very well with how H5 plays, especially warlock, that team shot from the side bases would be cancer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would love to see a remake (officially) of warlock and sanctuary, but I dont know if either would play very well with how H5 plays, especially warlock, that team shot from the side bases would be cancer.

Warlock would have to be huuuuge. I miss maps with teleporters but i dont think thats the one for Halo 5 lol.

Sanctuary would work fine i think as long as ring 3 only had a couple access point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 itself is cancer, what's the difference

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Warlock would have to be huuuuge. I miss maps with teleporters but i dont think thats the one for Halo 5 lol.

Sanctuary would work fine i think as long as ring 3 only had a couple access point.

Both of those maps deserve better than halo 5. Sanctuary was already tarnished thanks to reach.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Both of those maps deserve better than halo 5. Sanctuary was already tarnished thanks to reach.

Maps don't give shits or have feelings though.  Players do.  Even if Halo 5 isn't the best vehicle for Sanctuary, if it would be a better map than many maps we already have there is no reason not to use it.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maps don't give shits or have feelings though.  Players do.  Even if Halo 5 isn't the best vehicle for Sanctuary, if it would be a better map than many maps we already have there is no reason not to use it.

Eh, Sanctuary would play wayy differently with H5 movement mechanics. Ring 3 would be way too accessible, and you just know it would be cake to get up to the car's from down inside courtyard, screwing up a major piece of the map flow. Inside ring would be a giant grenade spartan-charge clusterfuck. Seriously, I love Sanctuary, and I am also apparently an H5 apologist compared to much of these forums, but I still don't see it working that well.

I'd say H5 has a few really good maps already, and what makes them work well seems to be a combination of high verticality and claustrophobic design. This seems to encourage the type of super technical Frosty/Shottzy-esque gameplay the best. The Rig, Plaza and Coliseum are what I'm thinking of here mostly. If you wanted to bring an older design back, you'd want to look for something with those traits. Lockout springs to mind. 

A very specific description. Speaking from experience?  :simms:

Who hasn't played Halo 3?? Kappa

hey @@Teapot

Have you guys talked to MLG about possibly having CE stations at Orlando? 

I haven't myself. When Orlando was announced it was a bit too soon for me to plan for since I'm trying to save up for a couple of other trips. I still don't think I can swing it unless I had some help but thats not something I was reeky seeking either. UMG Daytona was very last minute for me but they had covered a hotel room which was awesome.

There were a good amount of people that made it happen. Strongside I think was the first to reach out to us, then Goldenboy, and Proverb and I know Tashi was on board as well. I'm not sure who I should talk to specifically about it but assume it's Tashi. I've messaged Clap about Halo CE enough in this lifetime for him to file a restraining order against me.

I've heard the saying in PR that there are a lot of moving parts taking place etc but for Daytona that was true. Not sure how this will pan out in the future.

Who hasn't played Halo 3?? Kappa

I haven't myself. When Orlando was announced it was a bit too soon for me to plan for since I'm trying to save up for a couple of other trips. I still don't think I can swing it unless I had some help but thats not something I was reeky seeking either. UMG Daytona was very last minute for me but they had covered a hotel room which was awesome.

There were a good amount of people that made it happen. Strongside I think was the first to reach out to us, then Goldenboy, and Proverb and I know Tashi was on board as well. I'm not sure who I should talk to specifically about it but assume it's Tashi. I've messaged Clap about Halo CE enough in this lifetime for him to file a restraining order against me.

I've heard the saying in PR that there are a lot of moving parts taking place etc but for Daytona that was true. Not sure how this will pan out in the future.

Hey man, we'll definitely talk about it and see what's what with the team and MLG. Can't make any promises however.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Actually, no. The ANZ community likes to post in a closed Facebook group that I managed to get invited to. It's super active but would love to have their stories permeate outside of the group. It's actually a lot of fun in there. :]

Any news on Oddball given that word is that the pros are boycotting it?

P.S. my personal opinion is that a compromise is the best choice, maybe choosing the 1 or 2 best Oddball maps and adjusting spawns/other things on them as the season goes on.

Hey man, we'll definitely talk about it and see what's what with the team and MLG. Can't make any promises however.

Sounds good. I know a ton has changed from Daytona till now as well as this just being a fun idea that you wanted to do, not something set in stone. I'm just happy knowing you support it.

Actually, no. The ANZ community likes to post in a closed Facebook group that I managed to get invited to. It's super active but would love to have their stories permeate outside of the group. It's actually a lot of fun in there. :]

I love the ANZ community and would love to hear more about them, any chances of you all doing a series on teams and players and the history of halo in a particular region?

I think it would make the players from those places happy and give us more perspectives.