CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can't we just have that extermination game mode, but changed the rules so if it.goes down to a draw in the round it goes on kills in it instead of a draw?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Asked Tashi about this last week. Said they'll be releasing information later this month!

Anyone love how fast and quick information comes out now? About tickets, hotels, everything really.

According to Spartan his team and all the other pros will be boycotting Oddball. Sounds good to me. People in this forum all hyping it up are going to be disappointed. Told you guys its bad.

Shame. but if that's what happens...

I dislike Oddball in H5 but the game's NEED for something new outweighs Oddball's badness to me. Even if we just use one (whichever one we determine to be the least awful) it would be a big step up from where we are. I think it is uncalled for them to do a total boycott and reflects badly on our community.

For someone who only watches h5 oddball would be a good addition but i would rather not spend the next 4 months of my life dodging oddball everytime i get it. 

Can someone fill me on what is wrong with Oddball right now? Can it be fixed?

Spawns are pretty bad.

Also doesn't play very well in general on these maps and with these abilities  when you can spawn and get across any map so fast.

Can someone fill me on what is wrong with Oddball right now? Can it be fixed?

The spawns are pretty bad and the mechanics of the game mode are kind of silly due to the ability for players to just fly across the map in H5. There are some things that can be done to help it but I don't think they will get into the Worlds cycle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty scrimming with 1k viewers.  :weback:  :ace:

Sidenote this Rec team is far surpassing my expectations. They look like legit title contenders.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Og and rec just ended the scrim and didn't play any oddball. It's basically stasis flag all over again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How old is he?

Pretty sure he is 15-16. Cratos scouted him for Dreamhack. Kid seemed to be legit. He likes to trash talk too.

The spawns are pretty bad and the mechanics of the game mode are kind of silly due to the ability for players to just fly across the map in H5. There are some things that can be done to help it but I don't think they will get into the Worlds cycle.

Odball doesn't work in Halo. Dark times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't imagine watching another season of the same maps and gametypes. Oddball needs to make it in somehow.

We need forge maps!

Why do we have the best forge ever in Halo yet no forge maps in matchmaking/HCS!

• Upvote (+1) 9

I would imagine with xbox one x hardware forge maps would work fine. Hopefully they make it so one X's are at events and they can use forge maps. 

Don't see it happening this season though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i do not want to play fucking oddball this gametype isnt even fun.

There is no flow to the game play, i want to quit the build everytime i get it but now im forced to play it because its in HCS.  Its just chaos and annoyance the whole time

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I already have a hard time watching anything Halo related at this point.

If oddball doesn't make it in; It'd remove so much hype from this season.

Knowing we'll be back to the exact same thing AGAIN. 

I haven't had much hype to watch scrims, but my hype for these events is at an all time high. Oddball or not.  I agree we need something new but that freshness we need is new maps, not a forced gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I already have a hard time watching anything Halo related at this point.

If oddball doesn't make it in; It'd remove so much hype from this season.

Knowing we'll be back to the exact same thing AGAIN. 

Obviously we need something new, but forcing something in that is terrible just for the sake of having something new doesn't sit well with me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1