CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really hope we keep Pistol starts, would like to see how the updated BR/Rifles are in Pistol settings. Gunfighter Magnum just don't belong in HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gunfighter Magnum just don't belong in HCS.

Didn't play with it enough to really form a solid opinion. Why do you think it shouldn't be there?

Didn't play with it enough to really form a solid opinion. Why do you think it shouldn't be there?

It had no real purpose apart from YY'ing your grenade (something I do lowkey miss in Pistol settings).

343 said it's gotten buffed, but idk man.

Fortnite is addictive. I just cant stand the randoom lag on xbox and,snipers. Anyone else having problems?

It’s way worse after this last update too

If Halo 6 doesn't have wallrunning it will have a Battle Royale game mode.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It will be the BTB version of FFA and somehow 343 will make it canon. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Theoretically, we could create that now.  Turn respawn off, FFA, and then just do round based with 16 people.  Not ideal, but it's possible in theory. 

Man roy really retired? Hopefully eg sticks together, people keep saying claim or artic as a 4th, is really like to see them pick up Neptune, kid is the next shottzy

Really interesting post here that talks about individual empowerment and how TTK affects this in games. Specifically, OP talks about Halo and goes into how H5 has made a lot of the casual fanbase of Halo blame the comp community (us) for H5's gameplay shortcomings. Worth a read imo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedesign/comments/78qc77/the_importance_of_individual_empowerment_in/?st=1Z141Z3&sh=b64dd7cc

Interesting reddit post. I wonder if the person that made the reddit post was influenced by the thread that @@BigShow36 made a while back about the importance of kill times. Here's a link to the thread that I'm referring to.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12361-why-kill-times-matter/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really interesting post here that talks about individual empowerment and how TTK affects this in games. Specifically, OP talks about Halo and goes into how H5 has made a lot of the casual fanbase of Halo blame the comp community (us) for H5's gameplay shortcomings. Worth a read imo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedesign/comments/78qc77/the_importance_of_individual_empowerment_in/?st=1Z141Z3&sh=b64dd7cc

I think he finally got it through Reiku's skull.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think he finally got it through Reiku's skull.

I think it's funny that /u/reiku78 was basically thanking the OP for agreeing with him, when the posts is actually the exact opposite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

this place has been dead ever since wow had his mental breakdown

remember those twitter bots  microsoft released that people turned into racists? i always figured wow was a comment bot that we ruined with our toxicity

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sweet.  I would be fine if Halo 6 had a Battle Royale game mode.  

As long as everything else that should be in halo is done first, the more game modes, the better i think.

Wall running can die a fiery fiery death (and i honestly don't see halo having that or having classes like a hero shooter etc as much as we like to joke about that around here)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Love this guy but TB you messed up apparently? =P

I wonder where Naded will end up - his current placing/team is certainly beneath his value, right? Maybe we'll see him on Str8.

Naded is playing for fun, a lot because of how things have changed with 343 recently. I know he'd rather win but I also don't think it's mandatory to get the best players he can. I'm literally just guessing though.

Sweet.  I would be fine if Halo 6 had a Battle Royale game mode.  

As long as everything else that should be in halo is done first, the more game modes, the better i think.

Wall running can die a fiery fiery death (and i honestly don't see halo having that or having classes like a hero shooter etc as much as we like to joke about that around here)

If a game is designed ground up with these elements in mind and actually embraces them fully, you end up with games that are an absolute thrill to play. Titanfall is incredible exactly because it didn't half ass its elements like wall running. COD did that stuff badly because it half assed it and because it didn't work in the theme of the game they were making.

Theirs a great sense of exhilaration you get when you're going full speed and having these crazy gunfights flying all over the place.

*edit, but obviously it's not a fit for every game. Just for the specific ones that are designed ground up with it in mind like lawbreakers or Titanfall.

• Upvote (+1) 2