Jump to content
CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Recommended Posts

Right, but you can't see through walls.

Promethean vision didn't bother me nearly as much as no descope and pocket shotguns. 

Share this post


Link to post

Everytime I think of Halo 4 I think about how they let you literally see through walls.

it's funny, because if you had a JTAG/infected box in CoD, you could see through walls too. 1:1 CoD experience :kappa:

Share this post


Link to post

it's funny, because if you had a JTAG/infected box in CoD, you could see through walls too. 1:1 CoD experience :kappa:

And here I was thinking that Promethean Vision was the one original idea 343 ever had.

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure if bloom+armor abilities can overcome Promethean Vision.

There’s a good thread about this that might be worth a bump. It’s a legitimate debate imo.

Share this post


Link to post

There’s a good thread about this that might be worth a bump. It’s a legitimate debate imo.

To think... I was all confused about why people were talking about the HCS in the Halo 4 vs. Reach thread.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Promethean vision didn't bother me nearly as much as no descope and pocket shotguns.

Promethean vision with pocket shotguns though...

Share this post


Link to post

Plz no Battle Royale in Halo. BR games are about 30% looting, 65% running in a straight line, and 5% actually playing against other players and shooting.

 

I seriously think if you play 10 hours of a battle royale game, you spend 5%, or 30 minutes, actually playing against other players and shooting. The other 95% could be done with 0 players in your game and you wouldn't even notice.

 

So slow and boring IMO.

  • Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Plz no Battle Royale in Halo. BR games are about 30% looting, 65% running in a straight line, and 5% actually playing against other players and shooting.

 

I seriously think if you play 10 hours of a battle royale game, you spend 5%, or 30 minutes, actually playing against other players and shooting. The other 95% could be done with 0 players in your game and you wouldn't even notice.

 

So slow and boring IMO.

 

 

Dota 2 looks like the most boring game in the world to me but millions and millions of people play it, not sure what your point is here?  B.R. is obviously an incredibly popular game mode right now, and could possibly work for Halo

Share this post


Link to post

halo BR would be about as successful as breakout

 

 

i don't care if they add it, i just hope they don't waste a bunch of time + resources on it

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

halo BR would be about as successful as breakout

 

 

i don't care if they add it, i just hope they don't waste a bunch of time + resources on it

With how much 343 chases trends, Halo 6 will either be a class based shooter or have a BR gamemode. Maybe both.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

With how much 343 chases trends, Halo 6 will either be a class based shooter or have a BR gamemode. Maybe both.

 

TBH they're only a few scripts away from turning Warzone maps into BR maps. Wouldn't surprise me if they genuinely add it into Halo 6.

  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Everytime I think of Halo 4 I think about how they let you literally see through walls.

 

Its funny how cheats in FPS games 18 years ago that would of got you banned from servers are now main features of FPS games. Wall-hacks, guns that "lock" onto players and aim for you, gun mods that make your weapon "better" than noobs, super one-hit kill abilities given to you off spawn, ect.. "But hey, everyone has it so its fair and balanced!" -Game devs in 2018. This genre has really gone to hell imo...I would kill for the return of pure FPS games.

  • Upvote (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post

Its funny how cheats in FPS games 18 years ago that would of got you banned from servers are now main features of FPS games. Wall-hacks, guns that "lock" onto players and aim for you, gun mods that make your weapon "better" than noobs, super one-hit kill abilities given to you off spawn, this genre has really gone to hell imo.

 

I feel like this is an Economics lesson about supply and demand.

Share this post


Link to post

I never understood the hate because games are copying a popular game mode. Its just a large scale, 1 life FFA. Whoever executes best will be most popular. When other games have CTF, standard FFA, King of the Hill etc nobody bitches. Soon "Battle Royale" will be considered a gamemode just like those instead of "a game", because thats what it is.

Hi-Rez in particular has a habit of copying whatever is popular at the moment and then abandoning that game to move on to the next cash grab. They made Paladins to take advantage of Overwatch's popularity then shoved in very, very p2w microtransactions as soon as it was no longer bringing in enough cash.You could write a thesis just listing all the stuff the stuff they've done with Paladins that was money grubbing without talking about all the balance fuckups.

 

I still haven't mentioned Tribes (RIP, one of my all time faves)(which they also changed to p2w as soon as it started declining) , the new ripoff card game they're making, and Global Agenda (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QyQCQGnPqN4). People think EA, Activision, and Ubisoft are bad, lmao.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I still haven't mentioned Tribes (RIP, one of my all time faves)(which they also changed to p2w as soon as it started declining) , the new ripoff card game they're making, and Global Agenda (

). People think EA, Activision, and Ubisoft are bad, lmao.

 

My brain blocked out the existence of Global Agenda.

 

I miss the medics in that game.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi-Rez in particular has a habit of copying whatever is popular at the moment and then abandoning that game to move on to the next cash grab. They made Paladins to take advantage of Overwatch's popularity then shoved in very, very p2w microtransactions as soon as it was no longer bringing in enough cash.You could write a thesis just listing all the stuff the stuff they've done with Paladins that was money grubbing without talking about all the balance fuckups.

 

I still haven't mentioned Tribes (RIP, one of my all time faves)(which they also changed to p2w as soon as it started declining) , the new ripoff card game they're making, and Global Agenda (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QyQCQGnPqN4). People think EA, Activision, and Ubisoft are bad, lmao.

I honestly reckon they should employ Hi Rez to make a halo:champions game. Loads of cool potential characters, plus it might help keep 343 focused on classic halo

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.