CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I never understood the hate because games are copying a popular game mode.  Its just a large scale, 1 life FFA.  Whoever executes best will be most popular. When other games have CTF, standard FFA, King of the Hill etc nobody bitches.  Soon "Battle Royale" will be considered a gamemode just like those instead of "a game", because thats what it is.

No hate what so ever here.  I already consider it a genre of game or like you say, a game mode.  I just was not expecting paladins to be the next to announce it.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 has copied enough successful games to no avail that to do so again would be a perfect example for why they shouldn't be in charge of this franchise.

Trying to copy successful features isn't an issue. Trying and failing 3 times in a row without ever getting a clue is.

Copying gameplay is an issue, though.

For example, CoD implementing theater mode after H3 is not a problem. H4 implementing perks and unlockable loadouts is.

Agreed 100%.  If Halo added a large scale battleground mode as a single gametype i wouldnt care. Provided all the other expected staples are done and polished first AND its inclusion doesn't have an effect on the proper, core gameplay.

No hate what so ever here.  I already consider it a genre of game or like you say, a game mode.  I just was not expecting paladins to be the next to announce it.  

Yeah, i was surprised by that too.  As someone who plays Paladins quite a bit i might try it.  I don't like 1 life game modes in general though, so i doubt it will stick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If 343 put in the effort (maps, weapon/equipment spawning system, inventory system etc) to make a Halo BR playlist work, but still refused to even make a decent classic Halo playlist, I’d flip my shit.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I really hope they don't waste time with a BR playlist for Halo. It won't do anything to bring players back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If 343 put in the effort (maps, weapon/equipment spawning system, inventory system etc) to make a Halo BR playlist work, but still refused to even make a decent classic Halo playlist, I’d flip my shit.

prepare for the greatest pain then. because it's happening

• Upvote (+1) 2

im hoping that this is a d2 joke cuz there is no way reach is worse than h4

Pre-patch Reach’s gameplay is the worst Halo gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pre-patch Reach’s gameplay is the worst Halo gameplay.

I'm not sure if bloom+armor abilities can overcome Promethean Vision.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not sure if bloom+armor abilities can overcome Promethean Vision.

No he’s right. Default reach on sword base is physically painful to play.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That sounds like EXACTLY what they would do. It's hard to say which trend they're likely to be further along copying for Halo 6, hero shooter gimmicks or battle royale, but you can bet your ass that it will take precedence over anything resembling actual Halo gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 4

2K tournaments in Halo!

Points from GBs and 2k tourneys will seed top teams who are not pre-qualfied right into groups without having to go through the open bracket. Pretty standard stuff for MLG.

Oddball will be played on Rig, Truth, Plaza and Eden. Eden Slayer stays out ( :fire: )

Will use V4 settings for oddball, so you can thrust and clamber with the ball but it'll take two melees to kill 

HWC Playlist will be updated with the changes sometime next week.

Happy Oddball made it in, hopefully the new settings improve it. Especially on Plaza, Oddball on there with previous settings was horrid.

• Upvote (+1) 7

No he’s right. Default reach on sword base is physically painful to play.

Right, but you can't see through walls.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We get to watch HCS Oddball for the first time in over 2 years.

0QVN6k9.gif

Oddball with broken spawns.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Oddball with broken spawns.

They're not broken, they're working exactly as they're programmed to.

...that doesn't mean they're good, they're just... not broken.

• Upvote (+1) 1