CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm talking about shooting with your crosshairs dead on target and not getting hitmarkers. I've started recording instances where I feel like I get blanks and after reviewing them, obviously I misinterpreted some that were really just misses on my part. But I've also noticed that I've been getting true blanks 2-3 times per game, despite having some pretty decent internet. 

As for hitmarkers, I have a suspicion that the ridiculous amount of magnetism in this game draws what should be headshots and what to the player looks like headshots, to the body. That's just speculation though, don't have any real evidence.

For me, that's just me missing my shots and calling bullshit even though I knew I was the one who fucked up.

Free-to-Play Arena Halo w/ competitive and mindful sustain by an entirely separate team.

It's all I want in life.

Id be very curious to know how a MP-only Arena Halo would fare TBH. Still shouldn't have to make two separate Halo games in order to satisfy both audiences, a good competitive game is fun to play and learn casually when balanced across the board to work at all levels of play. Halo 1/Halo 2 had that going for them, the rest of the Halo's not so much. The player-base divide that existed back then has widened from a river that is easy to cross to a large,vast, ocean since then which has hurt the game's esport potential as well as the communities ability to transition "casual" players to "competitive" players. Even casual Halo players knew what MLG was back in the day, I doubt there is many non-Arena players who know of the HCS or care TBH. What reason has 343 given them to care? That is why the CSGO gun skins and loot crates was such an ingenious idea, it got all levels of the player-base engaged personally and even financially into the e-sport scene. Heck, it got me to care more and I am not an avid CS:GO player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who would've thought nades doing a fuckton of damage with a huge radius and hitmarkers was a bad idea? What about littering the map with them? I love how they needed the radius by like 30% or something and they can still hit you from everywhere. Like in Coli yo can literally stand top or bottom rocket ramp and if someone bounces a nade from the top it will hit you. How the fuck did they get nades so wrong in this game.

Spartan Abilities

I posted a few fun stats on the HDH twitter today. Here they are so you dont have to go looking.

Top 5 NA highest K/D in a single match since 2017-01-03

• Snipedown 17-1 vs Str8 on 2017-05-02
  • Snipedown 15-1 vs Oxygen Supremacy on 2017-07-01
  • Frosty 15-1 vs Team Liquid on 2017-03-17
  • Royal2 15-1 vs Str8 on 2017-01-14
  • Pznguin 15-1 vs Luminosity Gaming on 2017-02-07

Top 5 EU highest K/D in a single match since 2017-01-03 #HCS

• Kimbo 21-1 vs exceL on 2017-01-30
  • Lunny 17-1 vs Infused on 2017-10-11
  • Snakey_ 15-1 vs exceL on 2017-09-10
  • Snakey 15-1 vs Divine Domination on 2017-06-22
  • Quadious 14-1 vs Supremacy on 2017-09-03

The fastest CTF game that I have recorded comes in at 01:59 when Snipedown, Mikwen, Huke and Pistola defeated Bubu, Shotzzy, Shooter and Renegade on Truth

The fastest Strongholds game that I have recorded comes in at 03:37 when Heinz, Ace, Apg and Renegade defeated Vtage, Seduce, Junior and Benno of Team Immunity

Lastly the fastest Slayer I've recorded comes in at 04:54 when Snakebite, Frosty, Lethul and Royal 2 defeated Penguin, Eco, Stellur and Rayne 50-24 on Regret

Hey this is pretty cool. You should post the updated stats bi weekly. Maybe even weekly when the scrims are really going every night.

Hey this is pretty cool. You should post the updated stats bi weekly. Maybe even weekly when the scrims are really going every night.

I'd say some of these stats wont be surpassed for a while. Unless you mean scrims that happened in the last 2-3 weeks every 2-3 weeks?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

REC looking a lot better.

*edit, Spartan with the 6.6 K/D/A

Fuck all the people who hate on him, for real.

MODS

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ninja's bio only now reads: Professional Battle Royale player for @Luminosity

Is this it for him and Halo? He's averaging like 15k to 20k viewers with Fortnite. Has like 13k+ subs. He held down the fort during H4,would be sad to see him miss out on HWC 2018 especially with MLG back.

You'd have to be pretty lost to think Ninja is ever coming back to Halo at this point.

It would be financially stupid.

A rare, serious post from NavG.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is this it for him and Halo? He's averaging like 15k to 20k viewers with Fortnite. Has like 13k+ subs. He held down the fort during H4,would be sad to see him miss out on HWC 2018 especially with MLG back.

He would literally lose money if he came back to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He would literally lose money if he came back to Halo.

Everyone is as far as I know.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tell me, how I was a ~2500 onyx in arena, and when HCS came out still like 1500+ onyx (obvi), and now im playing super sweaty games at gold 6/plat 3 lmfao

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why? He wasnt a top4 player and lg is better without him. Let him play his games
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As a married man, Ninja literally has a responsibility to his wife to never come back to Halo again.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Probably the most frustrating thing about H5 for me is how it can take 3-4 bullets to kill someone after breaking their shields, because technically you still have a health bar that's separate from your shields.

I thought regenerating health once your shields are down is just a Halo thing that 343i decided to display on the HUD