CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

tl;dr:

• Halo game with bigger player counts
  • Two Halo games potentially in the works

Maybe they actually do the reasonable thing and completely split arena and warzone into two games with a new game every two years. The "Arena" game is set in some time around the OG trilogy and the WZ/Battle Royale/Halo 6:Champions game continues the H4/5 arc.

• Upvote (+1) 4

tl;dr:

• Halo game with bigger player counts

How did I know Warzone would be their focus?  Because it was the additional source of extra profit. Very sad to hear this. Bigger Warzone and player counts means bigger maps which basically means Sprint confirmed which means I won't play it. It's not Halo if it Sprints. Sorry. It's just not. I hate 343. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How did I know Warzone would be their focus?  Because it was the additional source of extra profit. Very sad to hear this. Bigger Warzone and player counts means bigger maps which basically means Sprint confirmed which means I won't play it. It's not Halo if it Sprints. Sorry. It's just not. I hate 343. 

Remember when Bungie was the absolute worst, and we though there was no way 343 could screw it up as bad as Bungie?

Heh.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Remember when Bungie was the absolute worst, and we though there was no way 343 could screw it up as bad as Bungie?

Heh.

Bungie’s most recent Halo game still is the worst Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

im hoping that this is a d2 joke cuz there is no way reach is worse than h4

I think what really killed H4 for me were the absolutely abhorrent maps, I didnt think the game play was all that bad, not as bad as reach at launch. 

That said, H5 is absolutely the best halo since H3, but thats not really saying much, I do however still ply halo 5 a few times a week for an hour or so, it does get VERY frustrating some times though. 

If they expand greatly on warzone, and dont fix the glaring issues with 4v4 arena (what the games built on), I will be genuinly sad, because there really isnt another outlet for arena game play anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I think what really killed H4 for me were the absolutely abhorrent maps, I didnt think the game play was all that bad, not as bad as reach at launch. 

That said, H5 is absolutely the best halo since H3, but thats not really saying much, I do however still ply halo 5 a few times a week for an hour or so, it does get VERY frustrating some times though. 

If they expand greatly on warzone, and dont fix the glaring issues with 4v4 arena (what the games built on), I will be genuinly sad, because there really isnt another outlet for arena game play anymore. 

I played some warzone the other day while trying to get used to a new controller map, and I've got to say, that's a fun mode that totally has the appeal they need for casuals. The REQ thing really isnt that big of a deal because I've played about 150 MM games and already have plenty of crap to use on there; i  can't imagine being in a position where you'd actually have to buy REQ packs. I don't see why they can't keep focusing on that side because it actually brings home the bacon and still give the E-Sports crowd something that's not complete garbage...maybe a stripped down version of the game's feature set (no thrusters, sprint, etc) and a handful of maps that are geared toward that kind of play (you really only need 3 or 4...a tournament with only Lockout, Middy and Warlock would be perfectly fine). It's not like the entire game has to be focused on being a balanced, competitive E-sports title (Which Halo CE was only by complete accident). 

How did I know Warzone would be their focus? Because it was the additional source of extra profit. Very sad to hear this. Bigger Warzone and player counts means bigger maps which basically means Sprint confirmed which means I won't play it. It's not Halo if it Sprints. Sorry. It's just not. I hate 343.

The effective size of the map is all relative. Without sprint, you can shrink the size of a map accordingly, still have your High player counts, and it will still feel big.

I don’t think THIS confirms sprint- it’s 343is general philosophy that gamers expect sprint that makes me think it’ll be back.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When do you guys think the next Xbox is going to come out, or do you even think there will be another one? To start tinkering with new hardware to have a new Halo launch with the new Xbox, launch it 2020 making the One last seven years as the primary system, but continue to support the One for another two or three years. Not too far out of the realm of possibility I wouldn't think.

Probably get out of the gate sales, may make people choose Xbox first over Playstation when you launch with a title that big.

The other Halo title will launch this year or next. Maybe a spin off title with Reach level production value, maybe a primary entry.

I don't know, just spitballing. I think a small spin off plus main entry is more likely for this leak, but Microsoft didn't win the console race this time and a big Halo title at launch could turn tides. If MCC was a launch title I would have bought an Xbox over a PS4 at launch.

Free-to-Play Arena Halo w/ competitive and mindful sustain by an entirely separate team.

It's all I want in life.

If it happens, I'd bet it'd get plastered with pay to win mechanics. 

Sidenote: Is it just me, or have blank somehow managed to get worse after the overtime update? Also, nades seem kinda broken, like they'll always do half shield damage even at the edge of their radius.

Edit: Turns out nades doing at minimum half was intentional. In what world is that a good idea?

Sidenote: Is it just me, or have blank somehow managed to get worse after the overtime update? Also, nades seem kinda broken, like they'll always do half shield damage even at the edge of their radius.

Edit: Turns out nades doing at minimum half was intentional. In what world is that a good idea?

A question for you and everyone else in general:

When you say blank shots, are you referring to shooting someone who is no shields, getting hitmarkers, but still not killing them after a couple bullets? Or are you talking about when you shoot someone but don't even get hitmarkers when you're supposed to.

I've seen both, and I've heard people use the term interchangeably.

Probably the most frustrating thing about H5 for me is how it can take 3-4 bullets to kill someone after breaking their shields, because technically you still have a health bar that's separate from your shields.

and yes nades are nukes now, they need to fix that ASAP as possible.

AM who was most recently on the eRa side that got top 16 at Denver. 

He completely dominated in the series against Check 6 (Naded, Artic, Demon D and Claim). Here's the match.

Oh shit, I remember that now. Came out of nowhere. Casters kept going on about him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When do you guys think the next Xbox is going to come out, or do you even think there will be another one? To start tinkering with new hardware to have a new Halo launch with the new Xbox, launch it 2020 making the One last seven years as the primary system, but continue to support the One for another two or three years. Not too far out of the realm of possibility I wouldn't think.

Probably get out of the gate sales, may make people choose Xbox first over Playstation when you launch with a title that big.

The other Halo title will launch this year or next. Maybe a spin off title with Reach level production value, maybe a primary entry.

I don't know, just spitballing. I think a small spin off plus main entry is more likely for this leak, but Microsoft didn't win the console race this time and a big Halo title at launch could turn tides. If MCC was a launch title I would have bought an Xbox over a PS4 at launch.

Nah.  There are no more console generations. from here on out we will probably be getting more iterative upgrades every 3 or 4 years.  Eventually the One X will be the the "Standard", they'll stop making the S and the Xbox One Y will be the new flagship and so on.

When you say blank shots, are you referring to shooting someone who is no shields, getting hitmarkers, but still not killing them after a couple bullets? Or are you talking about when you shoot someone but don't even get hitmarkers when you're supposed to.

Probably the most frustrating thing about H5 for me is how it can take 3-4 bullets to kill someone after breaking their shields, because technically you still have a health bar that's separate from your shields.

I think people use those interchangeably.  90% of the time when i think "Fucking blank shots killed me" i record a clip and check it and i just straight up missed.  In general i think the issues with blank shots are overstated.  From experience with my so scientific 'dont-question-me-its-fact-damnit' n=1 sample size.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i dont see more hardware in 2020. they cant oversaturate the market  with too many consoles running separate specs or you get situations like d2 and pubg where they have to be made to play with the lowest common denominator. the specs end up dumbed down for the oldest system and your new console is almost pointless. that fragmentation would be a pain in the ass to deal with. and asking us to spend 4-500 3 years after a console launch is absurd. unless console end up subsidized through xbl/psn subscriptions then there just isnt a good reason to do so. 

if consoles do go that route, they may as well let you run the xbox/playstation os on a computer and sell os upgrades and up online subscriptions

They went with this to make the info provided by hitmarkers more consistent. Which is kinda hilarious because we shouldn’t be providing info anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who would've thought nades doing a fuckton of damage with a huge radius and hitmarkers was a bad idea? What about littering the map with them? I love how they needed the radius by like 30% or something and they can still hit you from everywhere. Like in Coli yo can literally stand top or bottom rocket ramp and if someone bounces a nade from the top it will hit you. How the fuck did they get nades so wrong in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its funny because i think the grenade changes are one of the better ones they made with the tuning update. I dont think they are OP individually, i think there are too many of them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm talking about shooting with your crosshairs dead on target and not getting hitmarkers. I've started recording instances where I feel like I get blanks and after reviewing them, obviously I misinterpreted some that were really just misses on my part. But I've also noticed that I've been getting true blanks 2-3 times per game, despite having some pretty decent internet. 

As for hitmarkers, I have a suspicion that the ridiculous amount of magnetism in this game draws what should be headshots and what to the player looks like headshots, to the body. That's just speculation though, don't have any real evidence.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm talking about shooting with your crosshairs dead on target and not getting hitmarkers. I've started recording instances where I feel like I get blanks and after reviewing them, obviously I misinterpreted some that were really just misses on my part. But I've also noticed that I've been getting true blanks 2-3 times per game, despite having some pretty decent internet. 

As for hitmarkers, I have a suspicion that the ridiculous amount of magnetism in this game draws what should be headshots and what to the player looks like headshots, to the body. That's just speculation though, don't have any real evidence.

it does the opposite actually.  If you watch the livestream where they discuss the tuning changes, they talk about how they have a slider that will prioritize the bullet magnetism to pull toward the head.  something we theorized about for a while confirmed.

Once of the changes they made to the AR iirc was to reduce this number "almost down to 0".