CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EDIT: holy shit, multiple stalemates, campy as fuck replays. this makes fathom flag look good. this is aids.

difference here is this is one of the only times I remember a draw on sanctuary slayer. Fathom flag has replays almost every series. Plus draws in slayers very rarely happen which is why this is amazing

Also, don’t like the new Str8 logo. You can’t just change something like that

4 player POV splitscreen is cool, why did HCS halo 5 never do that?

Because it was awful.

• Upvote (+1) 8

says who? i've been contacted by quite a few orgs looking to pick up teams for hwc18

we have optic gaming (huge org), we have splyce (huge org), we have nV who wants to be involved but there aren't enough teams to go around

we had eg, clg, cloud 9, team liquid invest money into teams

you don't know what you're talking about m8

so they invested in halo when it was less lucrative than it is now, and your point is?

(fyi they picked up that team because of ninja, not because they care about console FPS)

That's why we've lost C9, EG, CLG, Ronin, TL, etc. pull out of Halo even though there's another $1mill tournament coming up with at least 2 other LANs guaranteed?

(fyi you don't don't know what your talking about m8. Glad you think TL only wanted Ninja when he had a 1 tournament venture with them.)

But it's cool, TSM, SKT, 100T, and G2 have all contacted me about getting into Halo.

That's why we've lost C9, EG, CLG, Ronin, TL, etc. pull out of Halo even though there's another $1mill tournament coming up with at least 2 other LANs guaranteed?

(fyi you don't don't know what your talking about m8. Glad you think TL only wanted Ninja when he had a 1 tournament venture with them.)

But it's cool, TSM, SKT, 100T, and G2 have all contacted me about getting into Halo.

C9: roster and pro league seed acquired by TL

EG: mediocre performance over the past 2 years

CLG: roster acquired by OG

Ronin: ronin?

TL: backed out

???

• Upvote (+1) 1

C9: roster and pro league seed acquired by TL

EG: mediocre performance over the past 2 years

CLG: roster acquired by OG

Ronin: ronin?

TL: backed out

???

If Halo was worth the investment all of those orgs would still have rosters.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If Halo was worth the investment all of those orgs would still have rosters.

that's not how it works bud  :thinking:

premier orgs want premier talent and there's only so much to go around

• Upvote (+1) 5

that's not how it works bud  :thinking:

premier orgs want premier talent and there's only so much to go around

Whatever you say man, I'm sure dozens of orgs are flooding your DMs to get some of that sweet Halo cash. TL could have gotten a top 4 team going into HWC 18 if they thought the investment was worth, which they obviously didn't. EG could've too with all the team splits.

If Halo was getting CoD numbers I don't think as many Major orgs would've left. But hey, you live your life and tell people that it is worth investing into.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Whatever you say man, I'm sure dozens of orgs are flooding your DMs to get some of that sweet Halo cash. TL could have gotten a top 4 team going into HWC 18 if they thought the investment was worth, which they obviously didn't. EG could've too with all the team splits.

If Halo was getting CoD numbers I don't think as many Major orgs would've left. But hey, you live your life and tell people that halo is worth investing into.

OG, Rec., Splyce and LG formed before TL's announcement iirc. Do you honestly think any other combination of players even have a snowball's chance in hell of beating OpTic at worlds?

OG, Rec., Splyce and LG formed before TL's announcement iirc. Do you honestly think any other combination of players even have a snowball's chance in hell of beating OpTic at worlds?

Do you honestly think TL couldn't have gotten one of those rosters if they really wanted? The investment in Halo isn't worth it to them.

Do you honestly think TL couldn't have gotten one of those rosters if they really wanted? The investment in Halo isn't worth it to them.

Why would they overpay to pull a roster from one of those 4 orgs? That's really the only way they could have accomplished it, not to mention those orgs could have refused to sell the contracts. "They could have if they wanted to" is a bit simplistic. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why would they overpay to pull a roster from one of those 4 orgs? That's really the only way they could have accomplished it, not to mention those orgs could have refused to sell the contracts. "They could have if they wanted to" is a bit simplistic. 

Or they could've tried to get them before they signed?

And the argument I got into anyway is that TL blamed Halo for the departure, and people said TL didn't care about console FPS.

Noble Black and CLG, I think. Pax East 2015.

Best series of Halo I've ever had the pleasure of casting in my career, my only regret watching this back was been so new to it and inexperienced. I was still working full time and had only done small EU events at this point, what an event to be given as my first ever NA trip - truly blessed.

EDIT - One of the most underrated videos on the web chalking up Nobles Run at Boston.

https://youtu.be/F58hJYXzb_8?t=193

• Upvote (+1) 6

I like the new logo. Yeah the old one is a classic but going by modern design standards no one would ever use that font in the old logo in a new design.

It would also be easier to display without the text as normally text can look weird when made smaller.

EDIT: Also been requested to track a team of smurfs by a player. They played OG last night.

http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Summary/3014

• Upvote (+1) 9

I like the new logo. Yeah the old one is a classic but going by modern design standards no one would ever use that font in the old logo in a new design.

It would also be easier to display without the text as normally text can look weird when made smaller.

EDIT: Also been requested to track a team of smurfs by a player. They played OG last night.

http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Summary/3014

Would like to know who this is

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would like to know who this is

It's Ace,APG,Lunchbox and Neptunes pretty sure.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Because they have rapha on their Quake roster and they got their start in SC.

I think every one of my Protoss build orders right after Wings of Liberty came out were from their wiki.

The service tags in game are their names

Wait, they used fake accounts to hide their names but still kept their service tags?  :thinking:

Wait, they used fake accounts to hide their names but still kept their service tags? :thinking:

Can’t search the API via service tags I guess if people are looking for teams playing together.

• Upvote (+1) 1