CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

not true at all, we're talking about esports here

a lot of these big name investors wouldn't be interested in the industry if their kids weren't

then explain why they have a starcraft 2 and quake roster

Because they have rapha on their Quake roster and they got their start in SC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because they have rapha on their Quake roster and they got their start in SC.

i'm aware of who rapha is but he's not exactly a big personality or a big earner for them

i think it's lame of TL to blame halo when they as an organization clearly aren't interested in console fps esports

i'm aware of who rapha is but he's not exactly a big personality or a big earner for them

i think it's lame of TL to blame halo when they as an organization clearly aren't interested in console fps esports

TL's Halo manager came to TL by being hired directly to work for their CoD team. It's not like they are uninterested in console. It's literally just not worth the investment, and I do get the irony of that coming from someone paid to do nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't really think its that lame. Halo sucks for their business and it isn't Liquid's fault. It feels bad to see that happen as people who play console games and Halo specifically but were I them I wouldn't really be interested in a floundering franchise in a world where there are huge esports that are actually improving and probably giving orgs more respect/consideration than ours does

TL's Halo manager came to TL by being hired directly to work for their CoD team. It's not like they are uninterested in console. It's literally just not worth the investment, and I do get the irony of that coming from someone paid to do nothing.

they only had a cod team for 4 months tho

it's a worthwhile investment for orgs that have a console fps presence and sponsors that care about console fps

the majority of tl's sponsors are pc companies and they are a PC focused org

I don't really think its that lame. Halo sucks for their business and it isn't Liquid's fault. 

i agree, which is why they shouldn't blame "lack of progress behind the scenes" and should blame themselves for miscalculating 

HCS has made a lot of progress behind the scenes... mlg for instance

edit: rayne got engaged 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

they only had a cod team for 4 months tho

it's a worthwhile investment for orgs that have a console fps presence and sponsors that care about console fps

the majority of tl's sponsors are pc companies and they are a PC focused org

i agree, which is why they shouldn't blame "lack of progress behind the scenes" and should blame themselves for miscalculating 

HCS has made a lot of progress behind the scenes... mlg for instance

Halo isn't worth the investment. It's Halo's fault for the mismanagement, bad publicity, and not taking advantage of anything to build the scene. Liquid entered the scene during H2A, which had far less prize money, and viewership.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo isn't worth the investment. It's Halo's fault for the mismanagement, bad publicity, and not taking advantage of anything to build the scene. 

says who? i've been contacted by quite a few orgs looking to pick up teams for hwc18

we have optic gaming (huge org), we have splyce (huge org), we have nV who wants to be involved but there aren't enough teams to go around

we had eg, clg, cloud 9, team liquid invest money into teams

you don't know what you're talking about m8

Liquid entered the scene during H2A, which had far less prize money, and viewership.

so they invested in halo when it was less lucrative than it is now, and your point is?

(fyi they picked up that team because of ninja, not because they care about console FPS)

• Upvote (+1) 4

What ever happened to the Str8 cod team, is it still going? Do they even have a team in anything at the moment?

Speaking of Str8 Rippin

lmao wtf go back to 2017 

• Upvote (+1) 8

That would be a nice secondary logo. Kind of like how NBA teams have their main logo center court and then a smaller side logo on each end of the court near the 3 point line. But the old logo needs to stay as a main logo

I actually like the new logo.

Edit: the simplistic nature of it is more appropriate for many applications. For example, I’m looking at how the hold logo appears on their twitter pic, and since I’m on mobile I can barely read the wording inside.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't hate the new logo, but it seems like a change for no reason at all. 

not true at all, we're talking about esports here

a lot of these big name investors wouldn't be interested in the industry if their kids weren't

then explain why they have a starcraft 2 and quake roster

you wouldn’t say half this shit to my face swear I’ll choke u out kid I’m jacked
  • Upvote (+1) 3