CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Best HCS series I've ever seen, if not the best Halo period.

Best series ever easily. Every game was great except the warlord bomb, buut even that was close.

LOCKOUT BALL - down 30s with a minute left, noble keeps the BR setup, and win

Warlord TS - 49-49 aries gets a clutch kill on heinz. Noble up 2-0

Shrine flag - Noble really should have won this. Completely outslayed them. Arkanum and apg were shitting. Aries did njot play well at all this game. Noble had the lead 2-1 iirc then 2gre got snipe and paved the way for them to tie it, then win. All of noble was close to 40 kills but aries had like 18

Warlord bomb - close game but clg wasnt really in danger

SHRINE TS - CLASSIC.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm still super interested to see if MCC gets properly fixed if we'll see a throwback tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm still super interested to see if MCC gets properly fixed if we'll see a throwback tournament.

My running theory is that H6 doesn't come out until 2019. To fill the gap, 343 release a revamped MCC along with H3A next year. H3A replaces H5 on the competitive circuit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody else join them who might be the 3rd/4th?

Prior to the 2 team announcements yesterday, it was looking like that To4 is Ace, APG, Neptune, & Lunchbox.

Prior to the 2 team announcements yesterday, it was looking like that To4 is Ace, APG, Neptune, & Lunchbox.

Jimbo just matched Ace and Neptune there now in MM

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I missed it but was there the official announcement from Liquid about Halo yet?

https://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2017/12/16/liquid-takes-a-step-back-from-halo

We are sad to announce that we are taking a step back from Halo for the time being. This decision has not come easy, as we were incredibly proud of our team and what we were able to accomplish over the past few years. 

However, due to the lack of progress behind the scenes, we've decided to reassess our current involvement until we can gauge the direction of the series. Even though we are leaving the Halo scene, we are still hopeful that it will continue to grow and reach its potential. We would like to thank our fans for supporting us since our debut in Halo and hope that you continue to support our players on their new teams.

During this past year, we were able to accomplish a lot, including a bronze medal in the Halo World Championships. Liquid was always among the contenders, and we were committed to fielding a team that could win titles. While we ultimately fell just short of the mark, we were happy with our performances and results.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who's Neptune? Never heard of him

AM who was most recently on the eRa side that got top 16 at Denver. 

He completely dominated in the series against Check 6 (Naded, Artic, Demon D and Claim). Here's the match.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like he's playing MM with pros every time I turn on a stream lol

Is it just me or is this a pretty direct jab at 343? I wouldn’t really expect that from an organization as big as Liquid, but I appreciate it.

what it should have said was "none of our shareholders kids care about console FPS esports so we are investing our money elsewhere"

• Upvote (+1) 2

We still only have 6 confirmed NA teams so far?

TR

OG

LG

Splyce

Artic's team

Naded's team

what it should have said was "none of our shareholders kids care about console FPS esports so we are investing our money elsewhere"

Shareholders don’t care about how their kids feel.

What it should have said is “Halo is a DED game going nowhere and it’s not worth it to invest in a team”.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Noble Black and CLG, I think. Pax East 2015.

thank you for posting this. having only semi-recently gotten into halo esports (just prior to hurricane lethul) its a kick to watch more classic halo at the pro level. but watching this game 5, man, sanctuary slayer is stand off central. 5 min in and its 9-8 LOL

but nice to see APG in godmode this series!  :apg:

4 player POV splitscreen is cool, why did HCS halo 5 never do that?

EDIT: holy shit, multiple stalemates, campy as fuck replays. this makes fathom flag look good. this is aids. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Best HCS series I've ever seen, if not the best Halo period.

Very close to mine as well. (I've watched a LOT of Halo if not all.) 

I'd put the LBF of MLG Charlotte 2007 at my top though. Agency vs Carbon bo11. The dreaded 5-1 comeback! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shareholders don’t care about how their kids feel.

not true at all, we're talking about esports here

a lot of these big name investors wouldn't be interested in the industry if their kids weren't

What it should have said is “Halo is a DED game going nowhere and it’s not worth it to invest in a team”.

then explain why they have a starcraft 2 and quake roster

• Upvote (+1) 1