CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Off topic, but the kid who got a man killed from swatting him has been arrested. This is also the guy who claimed responsibility for calling in the bomb threats at MLG Dallas. I guess this whole situation happened over a game of money 8's on WWII.

His Twitter handle "SWAuTistic" has since been suspended, but on his timeline he took credit for the MLG bomb threats, as well as a number of other incidents. I'm sure someone has screenshots. Apparently he was arrested two years ago for making false bomb threats. I really hope they throw the book at this kid.

what a fucking asshole

• Upvote (+1) 3

what a fucking asshole

I guess he gave an interview to Keemstar yesterday, where he does take responsibility for the MLG Dallas incidents. He also tries to shift the blame off of himself for the shooting. The kid is a fucking psychopath. Skip to 4:51 for the interview.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Off topic, but the kid who got a man killed from swatting him has been arrested. This is also the guy who claimed responsibility for calling in the bomb threats at MLG Dallas. I guess this whole situation happened over a game of money 8's on WWII.

His Twitter handle "SWAuTistic" has since been suspended, but on his timeline he took credit for the MLG bomb threats, as well as a number of other incidents. I'm sure someone has screenshots. Apparently he was arrested two years ago for making false bomb threats. I really hope they throw the book at this kid.

And they have released the fake call he made to the police;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-42523075/deadly-911-swatting-call-released

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

That is dark shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://twitter.com/KWCH12/status/946981403874549760

Hopefully, he gets charged with murder and sentenced to a minimum life sentence, fed time.

People need to understand it isn’t game.

Hopefully, he gets charged with murder and sentenced to a minimum life sentence, fed time.

I think a manslaughter charge is more likely, a murder charge requires premeditation and intent, that's a big jump from a swatting prank gone wrong and a good lawyer would be able to beat it.

Edit: I do agree with your sentiment though, I hope they throw the book at him.

Edit edit: I also hope they arrest and charge the CoD kid who asked this guy to do it as an accessary to the crime.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think a manslaughter charge is more likely, a murder charge requires premeditation and intent, that's a big jump from a swatting prank gone wrong and a good lawyer would be able to beat it.

Edit edit: I also hope they arrest and charge the CoD kid who asked this guy to do it as an accessary to the crime.

Murder doesn’t neccisarily require preditation or intent.

I don’t know about fed law, but in many jurisdictions, if someone dies during the commission of a crime, all parties involved in the crime can be charged with that persons murder.

For example, if I drive the getaway car in an armed robbery, and the store owner shoots and kills one of my accomplices, I can legally be found culpable for his murder.

I hope something similar applies in this case.

Murder doesn’t neccisarily require preditation or intent.

I don’t know about fed law, but in many jurisdictions, if someone dies during the commission of a crime, all parties involved in the crime can be charged with that persons murder.

For example, if I drive the getaway car in an armed robbery, and the store owner shoots and kills one of my accomplices, I can legally be found culpable for his murder.

I hope something similar applies in this case.

I believe for that to apply, the crime being committed typically has to be a felony. I don’t think filing a false police report is a felony. If they come up with a felony to charge him with, then you are absolutely correct and murder would then be possible.

I believe for that to apply, the crime being committed typically has to be a felony. I don’t think filing a false police report is a felony. If they come up with a felony to charge him with, then you are absolutely correct and murder would then be possible.

I think felonious harassment would be a pretty easy charge to stick- since the intent of his behavior was to alarm/terrorize the victim and the suspect is a repeat offender.

In the meantime, Congress needs to hurry up and pass a bill, making the act of swatting a felony in and of itself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Filing a false police report is a serious crime, don't know how you can not think that. You're intentionally causing harm to somebody else's life, either short or long term.

That swautistic dude has issues. Keemstar interviewed him and he was adamant that he wasn’t the cause of the death. Don’t make the phone call that is none of your business, no death. Directly related. Also swatting an mlg event for fun is 10 year old level shit.

Hope he serves good time.

He has been arrested. Hope he stays a long fucking while.

if the swat is considered a felony in kansas, then felony murder or depraved indifference isnt out of the question. he knowing put someone in a situation where armed cops would be on edge looking for an armed murder holding hostages. the fact that the cops were irresponsible and killed this man  is a direct result of his actions.

source: i've watched a lot of law and order

Filing a false police report is a serious crime, don't know how you can not think that. You're intentionally causing harm to somebody else's life, either short or long term.

Where did I say it’s not serious? I stated I don’t think it’s a felony under current law. Although swatting has been a known issue for nearly a decade at this point, most jurisdictions haven’t really done anything about it.

A DUI is a serious crime that endangers the lives of you and others, yet in many cases it is still just a misdemeanor offense. Just because something may not be a felony does not mean it is not serious.

Edit: Looks like the false emergency claim can become a felony as it resulted in great bodily harm. Hopefully they do throw the book at him.

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/21918755/los-angeles-man-arrested-fatal-call-duty-swatting-prank

What is the 1st thing that players have to compete in? Is it LAN? I just want more teams to be confirmed  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where did I say it’s not serious? I stated I don’t think it’s a felony under current law. Although swatting has been a known issue for nearly a decade at this point, most jurisdictions haven’t really done anything about it.

A DUI is a serious crime that endangers the lives of you and others, yet in many cases it is still just a misdemeanor offense. Just because something may not be a felony does not mean it is not serious.

Edit: Looks like the false emergency claim can become a felony as it resulted in great bodily harm. Hopefully they do throw the book at him.

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/21918755/los-angeles-man-arrested-fatal-call-duty-swatting-prank

American law sounds lovely, here in Sweden if you intentionally give police a false report you get up to 2 years in jail depending on the gravity of the situation.

What is the 1st thing that players have to compete in? Is it LAN? I just want more teams to be confirmed  :apg:

jan 13th teams play for seeding points  :ace:  :fire:  :weback: :MLG:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I’m curious who will retain jurisdiction over this case. Given LA law enforcement didn’t receive the prank call, I could see a decent lawyers weaseling him out.

Obviously Witchita would want a crack at him, since their resident was killed and officers were effected, and their tax dollars wasted.

The best way to make this stick would be a federal charge, but I’m not sure if they are any federal laws that would make this a felony.

Edit: looks to me like swatting fits the s Federal Definition of Stalking :

Whoever-

(2) with the intent to kill, injure, harass, intimidate, or place under surveillance with intent to kill, injure, harass, or intimidate another person, uses the mail, any interactive computer service or electronic communication service or electronic communication system of interstate commerce, or any other facility of interstate or foreign commerce to engage in a course of conduct that—

(A) places that person in reasonable fear of the death of or serious bodily injury to a person described in clause (i), (ii), or (iii) of paragraph (1)(A); or

(B) causes, attempts to cause, or would be reasonably expected to cause substantial emotional distress to a person described in clause (i), (ii), or (iii) of paragraph (1)(A),

shall be punished as provided in section 2261(b) of this title.

Some people just don’t care about consequences. It’s easy to sit here and wonder “how stupid”, “how much of a jackass”, but there are people who just don’t care.

And what about the cop who shot an unarmed, non-threatening man for opening the door?
  • Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And what about the cop who shot an unarmed, non-threatening man for opening the door?

Nothings going to happen to him. It never does...so I’m not even gonna get my hopes up there. honestly I think a lot of that is poor training

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1