CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Weren't the original Halo's grenades crazy powerful?

Yes they were nukes, that's why I say we increase H5 grenade capacity and starting # to 4.

My problems with grenades since H2. H3 and Reach definitely made it worse due to shit tier BR and shitty nade physics, respectfully.

Baby j, commonly, str8 sick, prototype

I think the likes of ACE, APG and maybe Lunch makes more sense/more likely to be the Str8 team

• Upvote (+1) 2

Grenades have held too important of a role since Halo Reach and reached a tipping point in H2A, which was the first FPG (First Person Grenadier) game of all time. It is better in Halo 5 but still bad.

if you're gonna have nade hit markers why not just spawn with 1 frag and 1 plasma and take all the other nades off the map? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is no triangle in this game. Melees are a joke with how ridiculous they are and the nukes are obviously nukes. Then you have the pistol. Lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has 343 ever given an explanation as to why grenade hitmarkers are even a thing? The game doesn’t benefit from them whatsoever.

Average player doesn’t want to have to pay attention for info. Having to think doesn’t go over well in the focus groups, y’know.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has 343 ever given an explanation as to why grenade hitmarkers are even a thing? The game doesn’t benefit from them whatsoever.

Information as free as the DLC :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You need those brain cells for the ADVANCED movement  :lxthul:

Do you remember the original Halo 2 melee? Where it took 4 melees to kill someone.

It was hilarious when they hotfixed it to two melees for a kill and everyone was running around with plasma pistols wrecking people.

I wonder how many Twitch viewers Halo 3 would have had if it was released in 2017? 150-200k for events?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wonder how many Twitch viewers Halo 3 would have had if it was released in 2017? 150-200k for events?

I think the better question is if twitch excited in 2007 - 2010
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I think the better question is if twitch excited in 2007 - 2010

If Halo3 had the same dominance over today's gaming scene as it did do at the time of release it would very much be comparable to CSGO which has afforded a similar benefit of other games simply not being up to par to compete for a few years, so 300-400k for tier1 events with numbers exceeding that for the very best tournaments. However, I don't think it's scalable given twitch numbers have grown over the years and also how much more socially accepted twitch and streaming in general is nowadays.

Halo 3s gameplay did very little to contribute to its MLG success.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They were. But they didn't give hitmarkers as well.

Don't forget that everything in the game was crazy powerful as well. The nades in CE were just a reflection of everything else in the game. Trying to compare that whole weapon set to Halo 5 is pretty much pointless since nothing is similar

• Upvote (+1) 3

They also had to settle fully before blowing, so I think it evened out in the end. Personally, I found H:R to have the most broken grenades, with a tie between H2A and H5 having the most obnoxious grenades due to hitmarkers.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Going to be a good night for scrims - OG vs. Splyce and Reciprocity vs. LG according to Frosty & Snipedown streams.

Also, is there realistically another team that could place top 4, with the talent left? Know people are just getting back into it, but seems like the largest gap between 1-4 & 5-8 we've had in a while.

Hypothetical 5th-8th teams:

El Town/Articc/Falcated/Tapping Buttons

BabyJ/Commonly/Prototype/Str8 Sick

Ace/APG/Lunchbox/?? (strictly rumors, but Ace/APG almost joined EG in past).

Rayne/Ryanoob/Suspector/Shooter

There are some good players not listed here; Naded/Danoxide duo, Contra/Dev, Sabinater, etc, but it's hard to see any combo seriously challenging top 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1