CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Even though we got jipped out of the Black Ops 2 tournament, they stuck with it on Ghosts. Got some great moments like this just now.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpartialLivelyAlpacaPRChase

It's been fun to watch the old pros compete with SND guys and other players for a great cause and on older games. I love the Call of Duty off-season for things like this. The Scuf Boots series of tournaments has been great.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I wouldn't really say it was the Xbox One itself that was flawed and didn't support LAN. That really doesn't make any sense when you have hardwired Ethernet ports and the ability to connect p2p/online/whatever. It was that their xbox division pushed to exclude the option or everyone was collectively silly enough to not go for it all at the same time suddenly. The hardware was always entirely capable of being used just like we always used it they just wanted to ignore that and push for the always online thing and that's why suddenly everyone was able to go for work around options once that turned out to be a really stupid idea

No...it really didn't support native lan.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cratos mentioned he was teaming with Suspector and Lifestyle for MLG Dallas in Frosty's stream earlier today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which part? 

We NEED MLG to have any hope of becoming "relevant" again. 

Cratos mentioned he was teaming with Suspector and Lifestyle for MLG Dallas in Frosty's stream earlier today.

theres no reason for pros not to at least go if they're interested. its not like halo has anything going on then. maybe theyll be good or just enjoy the experience

• Upvote (+1) 3

No...it really didn't support native lan.

That's why any version of the Xbox One, OG Xbox, and Xbox 360 can LAN with each other using older games? I'm just saying the hardware of the Xbox One has always been capable of it and Microsoft originally just chose to exclude it on the software side. Its just a relic of the MS always online fuckery that sold more PS4 consoles than anything Sony has ever done lol

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's why any version of the Xbox One, OG Xbox, and Xbox 360 can LAN with each other using older games? I'm just saying the hardware of the Xbox One has always been capable of it and Microsoft originally just chose to exclude it on the software side. Its just a relic of the MS always online fuckery that sold more PS4 consoles than anything Sony has ever done lol

...that's literally exactly what I meant.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's really not that surprising TBH. 343 wanted a locked 60fps, which is great, but they tried to do everything they could to optimize visual fidelity. The OG bone is just not powerful enough for this. The sad thing is that resolution has become such a hit selling point that they risked and ultimately sacrificed aiming responsiveness in order to hit an arbitrary resolution "goal". I would have rather had a 720p game with 60fps and perfect crisp aiming than what ended up shipping.

if they also hadnt filled all the multiplayer maps with worthless garbage props and lighting effects/superfluous details/ then this never would have been a problem in the first place.

I don't care what halo 5 looks like as long as I can fucking aim straight on it. which is a challenge even with the latest patch they did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They fucked up big time, didn't they. If it was any other company, they would be bankrupt by now.

We'll see if Lifestyle shows up or gets offended a few days before the event

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is “metro boomin” ?

It's a rapper who likes to fashion a bandanna on his head with an offset bow, much like Maniac and before Metro and Maniac... Dr Evil in prison 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Fortnite is addictive. I just cant stand the randoom lag on xbox and,snipers. Anyone else having problems?

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's a rapper who likes to fashion a bandanna on his head with an offset bow, much like Maniac and before Metro and Maniac... Dr Evil in prison

Producer, not rapper

• Upvote (+1) 4

Back posting on here after a while fell out of love with halo really went Gfinity in London on my own felt hella out of place there tbh only played one ffa game and got destroyed just wish things would go back to the old days 

Hey friends, since we're back on to the topic of content I'd like to self promote again and say that I've released 60 videos in the past year ranging from reviewing amateur and pro gameplay, having conversations about tournament formats or vlogging team stuff, giving tips and tricks videos, jump videos, and flag running videos. I average about 200 views per video and have made $34 total this year(this might be my fault, don't know much about YouTube revenue).

I YouTube for fun because I enjoy helping people and it helps me think more about the game and how to put it into a conversation piece which helps me talk about these things to teammates as well. However, it takes a lot of energy to sit there and try to think of something that would be interesting and then talk to both no one and everyone at the same time. Because I do this for fun I keep running into brick walls where I just don't feel like creating more videos because it has stopped being fun for me and I'm not getting the viewership or revenue to continue grinding.

I'm not saying I deserve more viewers because frankly I can believe that I am/could be a boring person and am putting out low quality videos of things that most people just don't want to watch. This post is just circling around to the idea that it is absolutely not easy to even grind out the content, you have to be entertaining to boot.

Have a good night friends

https://www.youtube.com/user/areallygoodnoob/videos

Thanks for being such enduring content-creator, the scene could do with ten more like you Ryan.

If I could offer a little constructive criticism: I think you should spend some time looking at what Ninja does so right. You have the brains, the insight, and the patience to do great stuff like helping regular players learn to be better. That's an amazing thing that people should be clamoring over, and I think you're doing a lot of the hard stuff right.

However, in my opinion, the reason that your numbers remain stagnant is that your YT videos don't feel like... the place to be. When you tune in to Ninja's Twitch channel, you subconsciously notice a lot of things:

- Well-lit player cam, doesn't feel like it's in a cave

- Good production value that makes it feel like a legitimate event. He has stuff like a "Stream is starting soon" logo, Ninja emojis, well-dressed Twitch page with a completed bio, etc. Each one of these things by themselves is stupid, but together they spell out "This space is well taken care of, effort has gone into this, this is where the party is". Think about showing up to a music show - is there a line outside? Do you get a wristband? Are there banners and decorations? Is this the most interesting thing happening tonight? People like to think they're where all the cool people are

- Good audio from other people beside himself. It's never a one-sided conversation between Ninja and the chat. Nothing feels like you're wasting your life more than listening to somebody have half of a conversation. In contrast, if the presenter's attention is always, foremost, on the people he's playing with, it feels more naturalistic. This person has a life, you the viewer are just the audience. For whatever reason it just feels more fun

- Most important: you feel like you're seeing nasty gameplay with top players. Nobody wants to watch amateurs suck at the game. If you want to help amateurs analyze their gameplay, you have to figure out a way to keep it in the context of playing with top-level players. One idea: pick amateur players and put them with 3 other pros against another pro team. Trial by fire. Then we can tolerate re-watching their gameplay a bit. Plus who wouldn't be champing at the bit for that type of opportunity? What makes YT/Twitch interesting is that you feel like you're getting a window into the pro-gamer lifestyle. If you try and make it too cerebral and end up featuring mediocre gameplay, it's going to be no fun. 

All the best, hope you find some of this helpful. 

• Upvote (+1) 3