CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"str8" vs ryanoob team

Shame we're back to "X's team" instead of saying Org names :(

Shame we're back to "X's team" instead of saying Org names :(

i think the stability of mlg will definitely help especially as world's season kicks off

• Upvote (+1) 7

If they're testing gameplay changes hopefully they'll ACTUALLY nerf nades. Like holy hell man next time you watch a stream just look at how much nades impact the game. Especially in SH. It'll blow your mind.

• Upvote (+1) 9

If they're testing gameplay changes hopefully they'll ACTUALLY nerf nades. Like holy hell man next time you watch a stream just look at how much nades impact the game. Especially in SH. It'll blow your mind.

Yeah I played a few games for the first time in a few months this week and nades are ridiculous.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopefully they put Halo 5 on games with gold in March or April to get some more people playing/watching. I mean at that point the game will have been out for two and a half years.

Gwg isn't going to do much for a 2yr old game that takes up 100gigs.

You'll get a bunch of "hmm I always wanted to try that... But i don't want to delete the games I already enjoy playing"

lol what

I think he means that finally having a structure that makes sense for players and orgs alike will encourage orgs to participate.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Three weapons changes that need to happen.

Only start with 1 frag

No nade hitmarkers

Nerf the magnetism on the sniper in and out of scope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think the stability of mlg will definitely help especially as world's season kicks off

eh, MLG coming back doesn't immediately make an organization think that they can profit off having a team that's not going to compete for top three at HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Gwg isn't going to do much for a 2yr old game that takes up 100gigs.

You'll get a bunch of "hmm I always wanted to try that... But i don't want to delete the games I already enjoy playing"

I think he means that finally having a structure that makes sense for players and orgs alike will encourage orgs to participate.

They did make the price of h5 $14.99 through the new year. Probably will account for a higher population. + all the kids that got the X for christmas that could have been playstation before.

Don't think Halo 5 will ever be a Games with Gold while its still in the Xbox Game Pass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

eh, MLG coming back doesn't immediately make an organization think that they can profit off having a team that's not going to compete for top three at HWC.

you're right in that it wont be immediate but a stable scene vs what we had this past year will give more confidence going forward. i think gears is a good marker for that. its a smaller scene with small viewership yet they have more orgs than halo. a successful worlds and hopefully consistent prizing throughout the year and mlg handling the competitive scene should hopefully draw more interest. i do think not having a yearly prize pool that is so top heavy in worlds is key to not having to be top 4 at worlds to be worth the investment. we'll see how things go as we learn more about the partnership but so far thing look like they should be on the rise

Don't think Halo 5 will ever be a Games with Gold while its still in the Xbox Game Pass.

Goddamn I've been grinding so hard to get that emote but nope.... Bungo is still denying me that privilege.  :mj:

Goddamn I've been grinding so hard to get that emote but nope.... Bungo is still denying me that privilege.  :mj:

Only just got it myself last night. It's simple math, vortex. You've got the Silver, Eververse has the goods!

ContrA, Dan, and brett have been running games together the past few days, maybe they pick up box for a 4th? I think that would be a pretty good team actually.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Baby j, commonly, str8 sick, prototype

Well that explains how Ryan's team was able to win some games.

• Upvote (+1) 5

ContrA, Dan, and brett have been running games together the past few days, maybe they pick up box for a 4th? I think that would be a pretty good team actually.

If that is a to3 then idk who the 4th would be for the fabled Ace/APG/LBX squad. LBX has already teamed with contra and Naded before and it didn't go that well in either case. I think the Ace/APG/LBX trio would probably end up poaching Shooter or someone else from that team.

Considering how bad they're doing in scrims, I don't find that too far fetched.