CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If Suspector and Rayne were still in the form they were in for 2016 Worlds, that would be a much more competitive team. Those two have fallen off.

I know they have, especially Suspector. But players like Rayne, Shooter and Ryanoob, known for their wits, not the slaying power have hard time to land on good team. Look at Sparty, who would say Liquid will pick him, not me for sure. But that's it, he is solid well rounded player. That is the trend for HWC 2018 - team of slayers that can step up any role.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3.50 minimum(he may have negotiated more since). Also this doesn't account for the Tier 2 and Tier 3 subs. Nutty.

They get the full 3.50 for prime subs too?

• Upvote (+1) 2

12k subs making, what,$3.50 a sub, giving him $42k a month or ~$500k per year before donations or any YT money (since his latest videos are hitting over 100k views) or partnership/org money. holy shit. im really happy for the success he's found. i hope mlg brings him back even if he just plays for fun. we could use that kind of exposure during worlds

I would like to see him just attend an event and maybe commentate or something. I don’t expect him to to play, but he would likely still be losing a bunch of money by not streaming

• Upvote (+1) 1

With the speed of game play in H5, objective players are pretty irrelevent, except in the new odd ball. Objective players had a vital job, to assist the slayers and do the dirty work. Now, in the world of 3 game types, slayer, CTF, Strongholds, you dont really need an obj player, since in CTF you can run the flag home in like 8 seconds, but in order to even run it you to slay. 8 Seconds respawns have also been whats really brought on the demand for slayers, since you need to be killing people faster and faster. Then we have Strongholds, which is literally slay slay slay slay cap

Wonder if increased respawn times would change this a bit.

Still it wasn't like this since beginning of H5. Pro play evolved to this. Epsilon totally wasn't slayer heavy, yet they took games off of Clg and other teams, Eg won xgames, Vicx was part of top 8 team for long time etc...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still it wasn't like this since beginning of H5. Pro play evolved to this. Epsilon totally wasn't slayer heavy, yet they took games off of Clg and other teams, Eg won xgames, Vicx was part of top 8 team for long time etc...

VicX always pulled his weight, he just was a slower player. Ryannoob is too fast of a player and can’t win 1v1

At the beginning, pros were still using the established meta, if you took away the flagnum, and made a flag the same as the odd ball, increased respawns to 10 seconds in OBJ, you would see a huge change in the meta. Right now, the problem is that you need to kill the opposing team, and then slay their respawns, to even have a chance at moving the flag from their base. Once you have the flag, on a map like fathom, with boost and everything else, the flag gets capped insanely fast, making it more logical for you to just have a slayer run the flag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like if Ryanoobs team dropped Rayne for Ace or Apg they would be drastically improved. The maps would be opened up more for Ryan or Suspector to sneak around and clean up kills.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would like to see him just attend an event and maybe commentate or something. I don’t expect him to to play, but he would likely still be losing a bunch of money by not streaming

He would literally lose Thousands of dollars going to an event. I like Ninja and I would love to see him still involved in halo but he's moved on and he isn't coming back. I could see him maybe play some Halo 6 with Summit if it's released on PC but that's about it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

He would literally lose Thousands of dollars going to an event. I like Ninja and I would love to see him still involved in halo but he's moved on and he isn't coming back. I could see him maybe play some Halo 6 with Summit if it's released on PC but that's about it.

He has literally no reason to come back, ever. He is probably making close to a million a year right now, and if he keeps that up for a few years? Hes set for life if he invests it properly.

And on that note, 1bdrm 1 bath $1800 a month no parking included, kill me

• Upvote (+1) 2

the cool thing about having a lot of money is you can spend thousands of dollars to do stuff because you want too

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think it's a matter of practice/grinding, or just other players surpassing them? 2016 Worlds was pretty early in H5's life...

I always choose to blame women or better games when a top tier player suddenly drops off in performance. Usually it's something taking their time investment away from the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I always choose to blame women.

For shame tibby, i thought you were more evolved.

Edit: goddamn you @@Shekkles

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel like if Ryanoobs team9 dropped Rayne for Ace or Apg they would be drastically improved. The maps would be opened up more for Ryan or Suspector to sneak around and clean up kills.

Keep Ryanoob over Rayne? Last time I really paid any attention to Halo, Ryanoob was in AMs and Rayne was arguably the best player in the 3rd best team going!

But I'm not surprised it's not working great. 3 players that are support and OBJ players with one Slayer. Ace In there would make it a lot better IMO.

the cool thing about having a lot of money is you can spend thousands of dollars to do stuff because you want too

Except half the reason he stopped was because he hates the game / hates how things are managed. If he wanted to be involved in the Halo scene in any capacity he could but he doesn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OG and Splyce scrimming tomorrow according to Snakebite.

Edit: He also said he’s pretty sure LBX has a team set but wouldn’t say who.

2nd Edit: My first edit was too slow.