CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

jDot logs 41FFBJ:

'Twas two days hence Christmas. Not knowing whether I had used the word hence correctly, I proceeded with my post, wary of the increased scrutiny I may now face having abstractly addressed my own word choice. I then paused for a moment to drink a swig of Seattle Dark coffee before remembering where the fuck I was on my train of thought. Oh yes, the post I did or did not make. It is a strange thing, surely, that such a simple sentence can send oneself on an existential journey which belies the meaning of ones own existence. As I read back sir Terraform's assertion, first in my head, then aloud, then loudly aloud, then quietly aloud, I began to question what it all could possibly mean. How could a post I did not write be my worst post ever? Moreover, is that even the question I must be asking at this juncture? Had I written the post? How could I lack clarity in this matter? WAS IT the worst post ever??? What could it all mean?

Questions. Questions that needed answering. I soon found myself sitting beside Gandalf in the catacombs of Minas Tirith, ancient scrolls strewn across tables in a manner befitting the desperation for which they were so hastily tossed aside. Faded images of memes could be seen beneath the faint glow of waning candlelight. Volumes of archaic text, everything from records of rent portfolios to the very core of what it means to be Halo. And yet the answers were not to be found. Then, just when hope was dwindling I found it -- the tome of the original forum posters! Surely here lied the answers. I blew off a layer of dust, and opened the cover to find an inscription which read:

"To all who have journeyed here, welcome. You will find you have already found that which you seek. What you need is already that which you keep. If you ask, you surely must know. If you know, then why are you here? How can you say that which you did not? But how can you know, that which you cannot? Now, go my child."

---

Well that was fucking weird, I admitted to myself. Yet, somehow the words resonated. I knew now what my response must be to the assertion that I had made my worst post ever.

ahem

-jDot out

I fucking love this forum.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mexico won’t pay for the wall

I sleep

343 hired people who hated Halo

REAL SHIT

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

pDAl9bF.jpg

I have as book about the cultural and psychological origins of conspiracy theories (in the US) and the lizard one started from a comic book back in the 60s and the Illuminati theory was brought into mainstream popularity by satire series The Illuminatus! Trilogy.

I find it fascinating to see people believe in stories that were created as Swiftian satire. Always a topic of interest for me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

MLG Orlando

1. Splyce

2. Optic

3. Reciprocity

4. LG

MLG Columbus

1. Optic

2. Splyce

3. Reciprocity

4. LG

HaloWC

1. Optic

2. Splyce

3. LG

4. Reciprocity

assuming the top 4 stick together which is a stretch

• Upvote (+1) 4

Either they are having a good honeymoon, or they are really good 

Also that Ryanoob team just isn't very good. The synergy just doesn't seem to be there. 0-39 in their last 3 scrims according to Halo Data Hive

Also that Ryanoob team just isn't very good. The synergy just doesn't seem to be there. 0-39 in their last 3 scrims according to Halo Data Hive

I was more looking at the two 7-5's they had against OpTic. Ryanoobs team isn't great at all. They feel more like an am team to me tbh

so I realize that Ninja isn't really remotely "HCS News" anymore but this thread is dead so ... 

I guess he just hit 12k subs

12k subs making, what,$3.50 a sub, giving him $42k a month or ~$500k per year before donations or any YT money (since his latest videos are hitting over 100k views) or partnership/org money. holy shit. im really happy for the success he's found. i hope mlg brings him back even if he just plays for fun. we could use that kind of exposure during worlds

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, I call that team " The club of dropped objective players". It's more like they are together to practice before they go elsewhere. They are fighters, I wish they all landed on solid teams.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yeah, I call that team " The club of dropped objective players". It's more like they are together to practice before they go elsewhere. They are fighters, I wish they all landed on solid teams.

If Suspector and Rayne were still in the form they were in for 2016 Worlds, that would be a much more competitive team.  Those two have fallen off.

• Upvote (+1) 3

12k subs making, what,$3.50 a sub, giving him $42k a month or ~$500k per year before donations or any YT money (since his latest videos are hitting over 100k views) or partnership/org money. holy shit. im really happy for the success he's found. i hope mlg brings him back even if he just plays for fun. we could use that kind of exposure during worlds

He isn't coming back in this game at least. In the short amount of time I watched him last night he said he wasn't coming back to Halo and went on a rant against how the sequel structure (CoD / Halo) to games is just dead, how there isn't any passion when one project is completed and they look to the next and that things need to completely change.

I really don't blame him, dude was streaming to just below 20k people absolutely shitting in a game he really enjoys playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3.50 minimum(he may have negotiated more since). Also this doesn't account for the Tier 2 and Tier 3 subs. Nutty. 

If Suspector and Rayne were still in the form they were in for 2016 Worlds, that would be a much more competitive team.  Those two have fallen off.

Think it's a matter of practice/grinding, or just other players surpassing them? 2016 Worlds was pretty early in H5's life...