CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@FrankieFourShot had recently informed me that he wishes I permanently take over his moderator responsibilities. As a man of profound humility, I reluctantly accept out of a sense of civic duty to these forums.

I look forward to serving these forums in a reliable and trustable manner.

Did you just paraphrase Senator Palpatine?

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@FrankieFourShot had recently informed me that he wishes I permanently take over his moderator responsibilities. As a man of profound humility, I reluctantly accept out of a sense of civic duty to these forums.

I look forward to serving these forums in a reliable and trustable manner.

tumblr_inline_mgdzppSNSV1rdrkhi.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you just paraphrase Senator Palpatine?

It's only a matter of time before he executes order 66.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Instead of lowering the ammo count on the snipe they should just need it. It's the most broken gun in the playlist.

Instead of lowering the ammo count on the snipe they should just need it. It's the most broken gun in the playlist.

They won't be trying any weapon rebalancing until at least after HWC, if they do it at all.

Truth Flag is already quick. Most games are over in under 10mins. With 10secs it will be worse.

Truth Flag is already quick. Most games are over in under 10mins. With 10secs it will be worse.

That's not how it works.

Those two extra seconds allow much more of an opportunity for a team to grab a flag, or cap a stronghold. In an "All Four Dead" scenario, the accumulated time for each dead player to respawn and fight creates a much larger window to the opposing team to do work. In layman's terms, the slower respawn would quicken Objective games. Fathom Flag would instantly become a better gametype.

On the opposite side, Slayer needs a faster respawn. Since the goal is to control Power Weapons and kill the enemy team 50 times, the players themselves are the objective. Too much downtime between respawns is a detriment to the gametype. Quicker spawns means players are in the fight more often, and collapses would happen less.

Now let's hope this is remedied in the next Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If that's the case then what is the excuse for filling the system to the brim with shit nobody wants to the point that they can no longer add things that people would actually appreciate? Its actually not difficult at all to judge that this was a bad plan no matter which way you swing it

It's just money man. No excuse. The more skins they have in the game, the lower the % chance you get the 2-3 skins you actually want, the more likely you'll shell out irl money for some REQ packs to cut the grind. Cynical but true.

That's not how it works.

Those two extra seconds allow much more of an opportunity for a team to grab a flag, or cap a stronghold. In an "All Four Dead" scenario, the accumulated time for each dead player to respawn and fight creates a much larger window to the opposing team to do work. In layman's terms, the slower respawn would quicken Objective games. Fathom Flag would instantly become a better gametype.

On the opposite side, Slayer needs a faster respawn. Since the goal is to control Power Weapons and kill the enemy team 50 times, the players themselves are the objective. Too much downtime between respawns is a detriment to the gametype. Quicker spawns means players are in the fight more often, and collapses would happen less.

Now let's hope this is remedied in the next Halo.

Pretty sure slyfox was saying Truth flag would be too quick with 10 second respawn.

Pretty sure slyfox was saying Truth flag would be too quick with 10 second respawn.

All the more reason to be able to move all flag gametypes to 5 caps.

• Upvote (+1) 7

All the more reason to be able to move all flag gametypes to 5 caps.

Exactly. It's like people forget that 5 flag is a thing lmao. If 10 seconds helps teams cap more efficiently and it's too quick then up the cap count. Could make te game sooo much better instead of constant counter pulls.

Exactly. It's like people forget that 5 flag is a thing lmao. If 10 seconds helps teams cap more efficiently and it's too quick then up the cap count. Could make te game sooo much better instead of constant counter pulls.

But fathOEm Flag Standoffs are the best part of competitive Halo.

Gotta say I love playing and watching them. I mean is there really anything more fun than dealing 100 damage in 5 minutes? Is there anything more fun than watching a guy hide for the same length? Or watching a team collapse and die over and over only to not get the return? Ah peak halo baby wouldn't trade it for nuffin
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Gotta say I love playing and watching them. I mean is there really anything more fun than dealing 100 damage in 5 minutes? Is there anything more fun than watching a guy hide for the same length? Or watching a team collapse and die over and over only to not get the return? Ah peak halo baby wouldn't trade it for nuffin

The best is Coli CTF when a team pushes their FC up after a kill / to rotate away from flank pressure, and manage to get the return, but their flag carrier is past halfway mark/at Snipe, so by the time they get it back there's already a SECOND counter-grab running Rockets.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Fathom Flag doesn't have to be 5 caps. Back in Halo 2, we had Sanctuary CTF at 3 caps with Warlock and Midship CTF in the rotation being 5 caps to win. Just isolate the gametypes.

Edit: Fathom Flag should stay 3 caps to win, but the respawn time should be changed to 10 seconds. Every other map for CTF is fine in terms of settings imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1