CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I legitimately want to know how they made this possible.

I was just about to ask this as well.

Why the love for Eden TS suddenly is beyond me. It's shit to watch and shit to play. 2 or 3 good 90 second endings over the course of 2 years doesn't undo the snoozefest that map/game type is the other 99% of the time.

Only good thing coming out of Eden TS is Roy going Leeroy Jenkins against nV.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Only good thing coming out of Eden TS is Roy going Leeroy Jenkins against nV.

Game 7 3sup vs e6

Game 7 str8 vs lg (where ninja missed the easiest snipe ever)

Thanks for the response!

Is the Sanc you're using have any framerate issues, or Clamber spots that don't work? I can take a look at it if you haven't already gone and cleaned up the map.

No framerate issues and the only unclamberable spots are the spots that we don't want people to clamber.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What sort of AAA title has a physical limit to the number of skins that can be added to the game?

However they implemented it they clearly had no plan for the future and honestly that is more than kind of stupid considering the type of system it is. You'd think the intention would be that it would continue to expand for the foreseeable future should it be successful. Literally designing themselves out of bigger checks via a less appealing req system and fewer team skin sales in the long run

What sort of AAA title has a physical limit to the number of skins that can be added to the game?

They probably all have physical limits- but those limits typically aren’t earmarked for hundreds of slight variants of ugly skins that no one wants in the first place.

Not only did they lack a plan for the future, their plan for the initial launch was also crap.

However they implemented it they clearly had no plan for the future and honestly that is more than kind of stupid considering the type of system it is. You'd think the intention would be that it would continue to expand for the foreseeable future should it be successful. Literally designing themselves out of bigger checks via a less appealing req system and fewer team skin sales in the long run

It's hard to judge what the actual limits are due to. I remember back in Destiny 1 they had limited amount of vault space for each player to store their extra weapons/armor/etc, and it was due to RAM constraints. Particularly on the last-gen consoles that Destiny released simultaneously on (though the limits were applied to the current-gen version as well.)

It's hard to judge what the actual limits are due to. I remember back in Destiny 1 they had limited amount of vault space for each player to store their extra weapons/armor/etc, and it was due to RAM constraints. Particularly on the last-gen consoles that Destiny released simultaneously on (though the limits were applied to the current-gen version as well.)

If that's the case then what is the excuse for filling the system to the brim with shit nobody wants to the point that they can no longer add things that people would actually appreciate? Its actually not difficult at all to judge that this was a bad plan no matter which way you swing it

If that's the case then what is the excuse for filling the system to the brim with shit nobody wants to the point that they can no longer add things that people would actually appreciate? Its actually not difficult at all to judge that this was a bad plan no matter which way you swing it

Definitely agreed that the system should be more flexible. And also that there's a lot of very useless, filler skins/armor/helmets/etc. 

Pretty sure it's not a matter of "impossible" and more a matter of "we can't be arsed to change the internal architecture this late into the game's life cycle."

They fillled it with shit people don’t want inorder to manipulate them into buying RNG req packs, gambling for a chance to get the few thing they do want- which admittedly probably netted them more $ than they would have gotten by allowing people to directly buy things they want.

The smarter play, long term, would have been to reserve a fair amount of space for things that people can buy directly.

The more ethical play would have been to not have an RNG req system.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They fillled it with shit people don’t want inorder to manipulate them into buying RNG req packs, gambling for a chance to get the few thing they do want- which admittedly probably netted them more $ than they would have gotten by allowing people to directly buy things they want.

The smarter play, long term, would have been to reserve a fair amount of space for things that people can buy directly.

The more ethical play would have been to not have an RNG req system.

Even the greed angle doesn't make sense because the easy play is to just make req packs give less guaranteed unlocks and/or reduce drop rates on the higher quality skins/items. They could've had the exact same estimated time frame of unlocking all of the high end items and still had tons of room to implement more for the entire life span of the game. Not saying its all super ethical but even their RNG could've been done better to avoid this exact situation 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even the greed angle doesn't make sense because the easy play is to just make req packs give less guaranteed unlocks and/or reduce drop rates on the higher quality skins/items. They could've had the exact same estimated time frame of unlocking all of the high end items and still had tons of room to implement more for the entire life span of the game. Not saying its all super ethical but even their RNG could've been done better to avoid this exact situation

No doubt, the could have had their cake and eaten it too. I’m just saying their launch priorities were clear- fill the Req system with junk and profit.

I’m sure they did all the focus testing and research to determine exactly what drop rates they needed to convert the largest amount of players into whales, and then determined how many ugly skins to duplicate based on that. And when they were done, there wasn’t much space left for direct sale content.

Direct purchases were an afterthought, and that’s why things like team skins and the voice pack were scarce and so slow to come about.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Asada food truck in Greenville, SC. I believe they don't drive anymore and have a standing restaurant though. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleBoredChickpeaAMPTropPunch 

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleBoredChickpeaAMPTropPunch 

Is the clip. Idk why everytime I link a clip just copying the share thing it says clip not found

Thanks man.

It’s merry BIRTHDAY.

I read this in Junkrats voice.

• Upvote (+1) 1