CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Considering he made a video of the one he found being tested, and no footage of the others?

Well, I hope he's happy with his decision.

I looked at the other sancs with Rayne. We both agreed that there were glaring issues with every sanc sent to me and they weren't worth being tested. Maybe the issues could have been fixed but I didn't want to work on that since we already had a good sanc to test. There was also one or two that we couldn't find because they had been removed from the file share.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Eden Slayer has always been one of my favorite gametypes. I understood the disdain for it at the high level though. Regardless, the map is still one of the better designed arenas in Halo 5 and its sad that they are just tossing it out the window instead of trying to create a weapon layout that is competitively viable for Slayer.

Making sweeping changes to ammo seems a bit haphazard, because as people have said, changing the presence of one weapon has different effects across different gametypes. Not necessarily a bad change though.

I also disagree with giving the Ball carrier Thrust. Don't know why we are giving more survivability options to an objective carrier in a defensive game mode.

And as a whole, this whole "Strongside mediation" is leading to exactly what I feared would happen. No actual innovative changes or redesigns that take advantage of Halo 5's peak competitive potential. I just don't understand why our pro players ask to strip the game to a barebones state rather than petitioning for new and competitive ideas and solutions.

I'm not saying we need to have Storm Rifles and ARs on the map, but our competitive ruleset is becoming more and more bland, and is becoming more distanced from "standard" Halo 5 play.

Powerups are underutilized. Power weapons are inconsistent and often too easy. No word on Fathom CTF. No word on new rules for Slayer/Strongholds. No new layouts for our existing gametypes.

Also, why is Oddball just copy/pasting Slayer layouts? Nearly every gametype in Halo 5 shipped with a unique layout that was designed specifically for that map-gametype combo. Why are we assuming these variants will just naturally work for Oddball with zero changes?

I don't know man. Maybe this is what the community wants, and if the majority enjoys it, then by all means I hope we have an awesome season of competition. But this isn't what I pictured the peak of Halo 5 competition looking like. It's bland, uninspired, and safe. It'll be less fun to spectate and it will dilute the already stale maps and gametypes that we've been playing for 2+ years.

I agree. Eden slayer was one of my favorite game types to watch in the HCS. It could go from super fast pace action to a stand still or vice versa with one death or push. It had some of the best nail biting endings we have ever seen in Halo 5's life span. Every game type in H5 is a non stop cluster fuck. Eden slayer was a nice change of pace. Bring It Back. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

We want to add Forge maps so we can remove maps/gametypes we feel are weak. Forge maps can't come until after worlds.

So there is a Summer season confirmed?

Also Oddball V4 > V3

I could have sworn Naded has Randa's place on this team.

It was a pickup scrim, plus J (Sceptify) was runnin wit us in place of Neptune.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have 343 announced a deadline for when the settings for HWC 2018 will be finalized?

Disregard, it's January 5th.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I looked at the other sancs with Rayne. We both agreed that there were glaring issues with every sanc sent to me and they weren't worth being tested. Maybe the issues could have been fixed but I didn't want to work on that since we already had a good sanc to test. There was also one or two that we couldn't find because they had been removed from the file share.

Thanks for the response!

Is the Sanc you're using have any framerate issues, or Clamber spots that don't work? I can take a look at it if you haven't already gone and cleaned up the map.

Happy Festivus to all.

I wish 343 celebrated Festivus, the airing of grievances portion would be extremely satisfying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You have all failed my request.

Asada food truck in Greenville, SC. I believe they don't drive anymore and have a standing restaurant though. 

Anyone have the clip of optics aerial grenade strike?

As well as the screenshot of that one dlc map in H4 that had bad glare? and the one ninja tweet with sunglasses for H5?

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleBoredChickpeaAMPTropPunch 

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleBoredChickpeaAMPTropPunch 

Is the clip. Idk why everytime I link a clip just copying the share thing it says clip not found

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct. We start pool play on Friday and then the open bracket culminates and the semi final teams from Open winners become the 4th team in each pool. 

#trusttheprocess

HNNNG.  :fire:  :ace:

Interesting that 343 and MLG have opted for a 108 team open at Orlando. If that sells out then we're in for a huge success.

Are we ever going to get 5 second respawns in Slayer and 10 seconds in Objective gamemodes back?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Hey @@Clap can we talk about whether or not it would be possible to get some Final Boss/Triggers Down/Instinct skins in H5?

I really don't know if it's one of those things 343 could do if they wanted to, or if MLG would have to approve beforehand. Either way, take my money.

Merry Christmas

Hey @@Clap can we talk about whether or not it would be possible to get some Final Boss/Triggers Down/Instinct skins in H5?

I really don't know if it's one of those things 343 could do if they wanted to, or if MLG would have to approve beforehand. Either way, take my money.

Merry Christmas

ske7ch recently came out and said that there isn't any more room for skins in Halo 5. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/7iavl0/grim_fyi_no_community_update_today_but_still_some/dqyh7t4/

• Upvote (+1) 3

Eden TS was awful. Adding OS helped but it was still too campy and boring to play and watch. Games didn't even go to 50 kills. Thank god its removed.