CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's pretty cool

this is awesome, it's nice to see them invest more into FFA

and it's cool that some lesser known players are gonna get a shot at making a name for themselves

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's pretty cool

I finally live somewhere where there's a Microsoft store close enough that I can go. It's a long shot, but I hope they use PC servers. Either way, I'm psyched to go, since I've never been to any sort of Halo event. I'll be at the one in NYC at 5th Ave btw, if there are any other  :beyond:  people in the area.  :weback:  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 3

this is awesome, it's nice to see them invest more into FFA

and it's cool that some lesser known players are gonna get a shot at making a name for themselves

I am in Division B. Watch out world.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't their potential venue fall through last year causing that whole debacle?

That’s what they said, who knows.

If true, I still wonder how much advanced notice we’d have gotten. World’s 2017 wasn’t the only event hampered by similar notice issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That’s what they said, who knows.

If true, I still wonder how much advanced notice we’d have gotten. World’s 2017 wasn’t the only event hampered by similar notice issues.

Literally never accidentally mobile negged someone then did it twice in like a week and a half. When I get home I'll make it up.

I can't remember, was the venue falling through actually confirmed or was that a rumor started by the community? I always wondered what had to happen to have a venue reservation for a million dollar tournament not go through.

I've never worked in event planning so maybe it's more common than I think. Or perhaps they figured that venue would work halfway through negotiations but the venue bailed before the final contract was signed.

Luminosity (Tripppey, Pistola, Saiyan, and Bubu Dubu) and No Name (Tapping Buttons, Falcated, Artic, and El Town) are exciting. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy shit did I read that right? Pool play so hopefully this means the pros play on Friday and no boring open bracket matches on stream.

Correct. We start pool play on Friday and then the open bracket culminates and the semi final teams from Open winners become the 4th team in each pool. 

#trusttheprocess

I'm wet