CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Been playing a lot of FFA recently, and even with ARs and radar I still find it more enjoyable than 4v4. Can't really explain it, I just feel like I get a lot more frustrated playing 4s.

Solo q'ing 4's can be very frustrating but if you have a decent team, it can be alot of fun.

Feel free to add me, GT: XxBiggestBenxX

^offer is open to any Beyond Fam looking to play. :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sounds like you've enjoyed the sweetest joy in the world. Returning to the forums, welcome back.

Seriously though congrats.

• Upvote (+1) 5

happy to announce that both baby mikeface and wifeface are happy and healthy and doing great, and after 3 months we're very well acclimated to the joys of #parentinglife. No surprise that I've been playing significantly less Halo (i.e. none) these days, but I'd like to start frequenting the forums again, especially with MLG back :prayers:  

anyway here's a visual of me trying to catch up on all the news

steve-keeley-snow-plow.gif

Welcome back!

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

happy to announce that both baby mikeface and wifeface are happy and healthy and doing great, and after 3 months we're very well acclimated to the joys of #parentinglife. No surprise that I've been playing significantly less Halo (i.e. none) these days, but I'd like to start frequenting the forums again, especially with MLG back :prayers:  

anyway here's a visual of me trying to catch up on all the news

Meme Team Forever! Hope all is well! Merry Christmas!

• Upvote (+1) 2

gone 3 months, still has premium. you da real mvp

and congrats on the baby. it'll be a lot of fun until he learns how to betray you for snipe

I canceled my monthly to buy a year and forgot to complete the purchase... may have lost my streak there for a month accidentally. STAY GOLD.

And thank you sir, congrats to you too! (iirc you are also living with a new human?). and unfortunately for baby mikeface he'll never be a better snipe than dad.

Not sure I forgive you, Mike. :mj:

*Jonah Hill in Superbad voice* people don't forget

you take that back, mikeface killa is a SAINT

:simms:

Sounds like you've enjoyed the sweetest joy in the world. Returning to the forums, welcome back.

Seriously though congrats.

Thanks man, it's pretty special. First few weeks are hell on the sleep schedule, but it's really the best thing ever.

Welcome back!

giphy.gif

I'll try to never leave my sweetlings again :beyond:

• Upvote (+1) 3

You take that back, he blained @@SnakeBite for no reason.

#NeverForget

edit: glad to have you back tho, we've needed more memes

Saw it live. Laughed my ass off. Pretty sure Snakebite was like "alright Mike, never playing with you again" lol

Mike and I go way back. This is none of your business, you wannabe Roethlisberger.

Why did you have to come at me like that man? I have a family for goodness sakes  :tear:

Is it just me or did teams used to run with a wider variety of people before confirming their roster? It seems nowadays the teams just form in a discord chat. Like what compelled Naded to confirm his roster when for all he knows they could be awful in the face of pro teams? Same thing with Tapping Button's team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I was str8 I would pick up shooter's or tapping's team. I like ace on str8 and think he's a great player but I'm just not that confident in what sort of roster he can put together with the remaining players not already committed to a team.

Why are there no prominent Halo Pro YouTube channels?

Most of the CoD players have streaming, tournament and YouTube income with several channels hitting consistent views. Pro's like Scump and Crimsix have made a killing from uploading just live gameplay commentaries and scrim games with comms. I know our boy @@RyaNoob is doing the YouTube grind and I hope that pays dividends. @@Snip3down was doing well, getting 10K+ views per video until he gave up. I subbed to pretty much all of the Halo Pro YT channels last year and there's just nothing after nothing. 

Apparently uploading scrims and stitching together some stream highlights is too hard. Halo has been cursed with pro players being community pariah's since forever.

Before anyone says "YouTube is really hard and doesn't pay dividends" please know that I run my own YouTube channel where I do stop motion animation, so I know all about balancing work and putting a shitload of effort into a YouTube video.

not worth the effort because people don't watch and because gaming content doesn't make money anymore on youtube

and halo 5 isn't really that popular...

• Upvote (+1) 5

I canceled my monthly to buy a year and forgot to complete the purchase... may have lost my streak there for a month accidentally. STAY GOLD.

And thank you sir, congrats to you too! (iirc you are also living with a new human?). and unfortunately for baby mikeface he'll never be a better snipe than dad.

*Jonah Hill in Superbad voice* people don't forget

:simms:

Thanks man, it's pretty special. First few weeks are hell on the sleep schedule, but it's really the best thing ever.

I'll try to never leave my sweetlings again :beyond:

Yeah my second is 5 months almost 6. It feels odd man to be at this point in life and still obsessing over a video game and esports but at the same time its cool that this is something i get to share. I'll know i succeed as a parent when my kids ask when optic plays

• Upvote (+1) 2

not worth the effort because people don't watch and because gaming content doesn't make money anymore on youtube

and halo 5 isn't really that popular...

People watch personalities. The personality attracts the viewer, then introduces them into the game. Summit1g played Halo 5 and stayed at 20k+ viewers despite his fanbase being PC gamers.

This is because they like his personality.

Halo Pro's being community pariah's leaves a lot to be desired in the personality department. 

People watch personalities. The personality attracts the viewer, then introduces them into the game. Summit1g played Halo 5 and stayed at 20k+ viewers despite his fanbase being PC gamers.

This is because they like his personality.

Halo Pro's being community pariah's leaves a lot to be desired in the personality department. 

I think the major difference here is that summit had a very popular game to put his personality on display with to attract viewers to even open his stream to begin with. Halo had Ninja who was doing great for a Halo player but immediately blew up as soon as he started streaming something else. Ogre2 could've been doing youtube since it's inception and maybe if his personality really attracted people to keep watching he'd have kept a stable base because of H2/H3 but nobody is going to start in modern Halo and get anywhere other than to a point where they jump ship to get more viewers with a new game without a major turn around from this franchise