CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OT sorry. Anybody have any recommendations for a wireless Xbox one headset under $100. All I'm finding are horrible reviewed turtle Beaches

Honestly I bought a pair of ~$70 Turtle Beaches a couple years ago. They're still going strong. They aren't perfect or anything and they certainly aren't Astros, but they're more than serviceable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

OT sorry. Anybody have any recommendations for a wireless Xbox one headset under $100. All I'm finding are horrible reviewed turtle Beaches

HyperX Cloud Pro are on Amazon for $79.99 ... I had an old pair of Cloud IIs that broke almost immediately, but the Pro has been great. Best and most comfortable option I've found for under $100. 

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Line/dp/B01MTLMV89/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513626656&sr=1-2&keywords=hyperx+xbox+one

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm happy about the roadmap and TO's but I'm watching Jimbo scrim and I'm so sick of the same gametypes/maps and even sandbox. Like cool Oddball is back but I heard Spartan saying he hated it or whatever so I'm not holding my breath it'll stay.

Everything is so stale. I'm bored.

• Upvote (+1) 9

So did the @@Onset and @@Wonderboy scrim cast happen? I'd like to watch that!

Waiting on NA and EU teams to start scrimming again properly. Also they need to let us in obs so will take a bit of time to organise.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Everything is so stale. I'm bored.

"Hmmm.... can you back this up with data? Because here at 343 our data shows that 7 million halo sports enthusiasts are very much enjoying the product. Either way we'll pass this along to the right people and come back with a further update down the road."

I'm available if you need a corporate shill 343 DM me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It sounds like things are on a better track now. Theres still plenty of work to be done in my opinion, some of which I feel will take some time. I feel that two years with the same maps and modes is not helping our scene, but at the same time I do not want the solution to be forcing in the DLC maps. Since I am not an active competitor, I don't even know what the starting weapons will be but I really hope it's not that BR with spread.

I hope that with MLG comes a shift in focus for competitive Halo. Times change, I could be stuck in the past, but I feel the grassroots aspect of Halo was important to its success. More open events spread out throughout the country combined with the ability to use a PC to host a server hopefully will create more interest in the ability to LAN. I think it's one of the more important factors in longevity in a game.

We have regional forums here that allow people to post where they are from and meet up with others, but they are a ghost town compared to the MLG forums. It's understandable for many reasons outside of Halo, like the shift from forums to social media etc, but I do feel the largest reason is because there was no LAN option, and no reason to host a LAN or bother finding others. It sounds like LAN will be a focus going forward for Halo 6, but I am curious at if these past 2 years have caused people to forget about it for the most part.

About a week ago I went through the forums here to find the New Jersey thread. While very inactive compared to MLG forums prime, it still was pretty nice compared to other regions. I was able to message a player Eddo on here, who was 20 minutes from us and interested in Halo CE. My teammate and I cannot find any willing players in the area as all of them are older and have no desire to get better. We LAN'd from like 1:00pm Saturday to 11:00am Sunday.

I'm kind of rambling but I don't know.. I cannot tell if I am older and this is a less important factor. Even if LAN works on Halo 6, are we full of a generation that does not care about them? Who knows. With the lack of LAN on Halo 5, I am curious if anyone actually ever hosted something by contacting the people on the regional section of this forum. I do know however that because of the regional section here we were able to have a kick ass H1 LAN that went for almost 24 hours

• Upvote (+1) 6

It sounds like things are on a better track now. Theres still plenty of work to be done in my opinion, some of which I feel will take some time. I feel that two years with the same maps and modes is not helping our scene, but at the same time I do not want the solution to be forcing in the DLC maps. Since I am not an active competitor, I don't even know what the starting weapons will be but I really hope it's not that BR with spread.

I hope that with MLG comes a shift in focus for competitive Halo. Times change, I could be stuck in the past, but I feel the grassroots aspect of Halo was important to its success. More open events spread out throughout the country combined with the ability to use a PC to host a server hopefully will create more interest in the ability to LAN. I think it's one of the more important factors in longevity in a game.

We have regional forums here that allow people to post where they are from and meet up with others, but they are a ghost town compared to the MLG forums. It's understandable for many reasons outside of Halo, like the shift from forums to social media etc, but I do feel the largest reason is because there was no LAN option, and no reason to host a LAN or bother finding others. It sounds like LAN will be a focus going forward for Halo 6, but I am curious at if these past 2 years have caused people to forget about it for the most part.

About a week ago I went through the forums here to find the New Jersey thread. While very inactive compared to MLG forums prime, it still was pretty nice compared to other regions. I was able to message a player Eddo on here, who was 20 minutes from us and interested in Halo CE. My teammate and I cannot find any willing players in the area as all of them are older and have no desire to get better. We LAN'd from like 1:00pm Saturday to 11:00am Sunday.

I'm kind of rambling but I don't know.. I cannot tell if I am older and this is a less important factor. Even if LAN works on Halo 6, are we full of a generation that does not care about them? Who knows. With the lack of LAN on Halo 5, I am curious if anyone actually ever hosted something by contacting the people on the regional section of this forum. I do know however that because of the regional section here we were able to have a kick ass H1 LAN that went for almost 24 hours

I completely agree, the grassroots aspect is critical.  I think the microsoft store tourneys will definitely help H5 in NA.  I think LAN is still the mainstay of any competitive game and i think with the right structure and support in game it could make a huge difference in H6 (quality of game aside). 

In terms of the kinds of CE LANs you mentioned, its hard to say if those kind of DIY style LANs will become a big thing again.  I dont really play with many 'younger' players so im not sure if there is such a drive to get a group together and LAN round a friends house.  Certainly, i still do it with friends and CE on occasion (none of which play H5).  Im definitley intrigued to see how H6 pans out in this regard and hope that small LANs as well as big tourneys return to the forefront.

I think an interest in LAN is still there. Sure you can just play online all day and not have to do anything, but it's just a totally different experience when there are other people in the room with you. While it's a bit different to Halo, the Splatoon community has been organizing lots of LANs for 2. There was one in Long Island this past weekend that was able to pull in ~50 people for something small.

And there are a lot less Splatoon than Halo players.

snip

unfortunately, i think grassroots, in terms of a fan built league, is gone in the days of dev funded scenes. i think gaming as whole has gotten too used to the money being poured in currently that most games couldnt go to something like smash or beach lan where you work your ass off to be the best for the pride alone and maybe a few hundred bucks on the side

LG getting 9-3'd by Splyce is disappointing. I'm expecting better from LG. I'd like to see Trippey swapped out for someone who can slay even harder (you need hardcore slayers to carry Ola's relative lack of individual skill & Bubu isn't really known for being a monster in that sense either). But then they'd lose a seed probably. In general it's a weird team.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

LG getting 9-3'd by Splyce is disappointing. I'm expecting better from LG. I'd like to see Trippey swapped out for someone who can slay even harder (you need hardcore slayers to carry Ola's relative lack of individual skill & Bubu isn't really known for being a monster in that sense either). But then they'd lose a seed probably. In general it's a weird team.

Or you could replace Ola with a slayer like Tapping Buttons. You generally need 3 slayers. This team has only 2. Ola struggled mightily in this series and I don't see it improving.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Or you could replace Ola with a slayer like Tapping Buttons. You generally need 3 slayers. This team has only 2. Ola struggled mightily in this series and I don't see it improving.

I agree, I just don't want to see Ola dropped lol. But yeah a switch out for Tapping Buttons would be sick.

One thing I'll say in Ola's defense is that he has been playing the least Halo out of anyone in that series in the last month. However, even once he is back in shape, he still can't keep up with the high caliber H5 slayers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ola was arguably Envys best player in Denver.

How are people still doubting Ola?

If you aint flashy or stattin', you aint any good.

• Upvote (+1) 2