CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo 6 is taking the "Quake Champions" Route. You heard it first here folks. SMH.

if i remember correctly, quake champions is sort of class based??

Something tells me you're correct 

No 3arc. Ever since I worked there however I had a dream of mine start to take root in my mind and I've been working on it tirelessly since the 343 debacle. Let's just say I'm working on a personal project right now and that's all I'm going to reveal at the moment. Hopefully within the next month or two I'll have some massive, MASSIVE news for everyone here :) No promises though

Is it bad that I'm more excited about this than a H6 reveal?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo5 doesnt have predatory microtransactions. It's one of the fairest in al of video games. You can get everything by just playing

Meh.. Arguable statement. A new player could play for months and/or use microtransactions and still not unlock the DMR or [insert whatever OP REQ of your choosing here] because it's completely RNG. What's even more random is the cards that give you the ability to obtain more of said REQ.

A game like League of Legends for example, microtransactions are either

A) Purely cosmetic

B) Obtainable by a finite resource.

That is probably a lot better standard to base off of. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A game like League of Legends for example, microtransactions are either

A) Purely cosmetic

B) Obtainable by a finite resource.

That is probably a lot better standard to base off of. 

League's vastly reworked its system since the old days and there's a lot of RNG elements to be able to unlock things now, but I'm not entirely sure how it all works anymore, because I've had all champions unlocked for a long time.

Right... so Halo 5 didn't gut our entire cosmetic system and replace it with an RNG based one with a shit load of garbage cosmetics and reskins of said garbage, while simultaneously introducing a pseudo parishable, pay to win gamemode, where the majority of content and patches went while the core game suffered?

"Not as bad" is not a fucking excuse anymore.

It.

Is.

Still.

Bad.

Halo 5 is objectively (not the meme version "objectively", the actual, definitive word) a worse game because of this cancerous system. Progression, Warzone, "content", are all a worse experience because of it.

Not to mention in exchange for having this garbage system in the game we got "free DLC" which included gametypes we had at launch in other Halo titles and some of the worst maps the series has ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Not to mention in exchange for having this garbage system in the game we got "free DLC" which included gametypes we had at launch in other Halo titles and some of the worst maps the series has ever seen.

Chiron TL-34

Backwash

Epitaph

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Chiron TL-34

Backwash

Epitaph

Idk but Chiron was fucking fun when playing with a bunch of casuals friends and rockets lol. So Chiron > Statis for me.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What makes it even more fucking stupid is that all that shit was planned beforehand, so the "REQ system will help pay for content" was, and still is a sham. Microsoft, their game division, and 343 are not a bunch of penniless paupers who need to beg and plead gamers to fund their multi-billion dollar business. That planned content was coming regardless of REQ sales.

What makes it even more fucking stupid is that all that shit was planned beforehand, so the "REQ system will help pay for content" was, and still is a sham. Microsoft, their game division, and 343 are not a bunch of penniless paupers who need to beg and plead gamers to fund their multi-billion dollar business. That planned content was coming regardless of REQ sales.

It was planned on the basis that the reqs they sold would fund it.

I feel like this shouldn't have to be explained...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It was planned on the basis that the reqs they sold would fund it.

I feel like this shouldn't have to be explained...

Do you honestly believe that if REQ sales didn't meet expectations, they wouldn't have released expected content for their prized IP? Not a chance in hell.

Edit:*planned content

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1