CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You are crazy if you think Microsoft pays them that much lmao

I’m sure it was around the 60k-80k range. Definitely not 100k+

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are crazy if you think Microsoft pays them that much lmao

I thought tech salaries in Washington were that high, but I wouldn't know, I was just guessing. My point is he has been working for 343 for like what, 4 years? If he left I think it's because he got a better offer or wants to do something else with his life. I don't think the company has anything to do with it.

4 days ago people were thinking Microsoft bought a TO and then we got MLG, now we see people thinking H6 is gonna be a shitshow just because a #classichalofan hashtag... Have some hope, I think H6 is gonna be great.

I thought tech salaries in Washington were that high, but I wouldn't know, I was just guessing. My point is he has been working for 343 for like what, 4 years? If he left I think it's because he got a better offer or wants to do something else with his life. I don't think the company has anything to do with it.

4 days ago people were thinking Microsoft bought a TO and then we got MLG, now we see people thinking H6 is gonna be a shitshow just because a #classichalofan hashtag... Have some hope, I think H6 is gonna be great.

Halo 4, shit show.

Halo MCC, shit show. 

Halo 5, shit show. 

People thinking Halo 6 will be a shit show has nothing to do with Neighbor's tweet.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope H6 is the best game since H3 but given the quality of the past games I'm not doing a thing until I can make a very very informed decision.

Me for the past 7 years: "Please stop copying CoD, please stop copying CoD."

Me for the past few months: "Please copy CoD, please copy CoD."

Knowing 343 they won't follow the trend the one time following the trend would be good for Halo.

Chill out about H6. We don't even know anything about the game.

Even if it does include spartan abilities, we don't have to use them for competitive play if we're vocal from the very start of the game's life cycle.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Chill out about H6. We don't even know anything about the game.

Even if it does include spartan abilities, we don't have to use them for competitive play if we're vocal from the very start of the game's life cycle.

Man I wish I could be this optimistic about being able to change the game

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 6 has more potential to be great than any of the other sequels. 343 has proven that they're good at listening (we have MLG) so don't panic.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Halo 6 has more potential to be great than any of the other sequels. 343 has proven that they're good at listening (we have MLG) so don't panic.

That's what we said after NBNS Reach, and the H4GC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

just asking, do you like quake champions?

In terms of originality, no. In terms of gameplay feel compared to previous Quakes, no. 

Short list:

1) Feels clunky, like UT3/Q4
2) The powerups messed everything up, no more exciting overtimes
3) Weapon models look like spaceships
4) Everything that made OSP/CPMA great isn't there (no forcemodels, no enemycolors, no brightskins, no complex weapon configurations, no hud modifications)
5) Sounds are awkward and uninspired
6) Timers on items nailed the coffin

I could go on.

This was supposed to be the year of the AFPS and it has become year of the final nail in the coffin of the AFPS because they are all turning into watered down RPG quasi-hybrid BS or flopping like LB. There was NO DOUBT what Q3A was meant to be..The undisputed king of DM and the fastest FPS on the planet. There was no doubt what DOOM 2016 was supposed to be, Oldschool, fast-paced, in your face, bloody DOOM with nuanced level design and weapon depth for the modern FPS audience. And guess what? It was a HUGE success. Why couldn't they do that with Quake? WTF is Quake Champions?? The Champions aren't even the emphasis nor they do make a significant impact on game-play they are entirely half-assed and that will never attract the "Hero FPS/OW" crowd most of whom cant even figure out how to circle-strafe in a game of QC and like OW because its like playing "shooter dress up". SMH, if you're going to go down...at least go down guns blazing doing what got you there thats my opinion. AFPS are like classic RPG's or sort of like Dark Souls...you cant half-ass them and water them down with modern mechanics they are like diamonds, best in their most purest and rare of forms.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Was hoping 343 saw the success of WW2 and would make Halo 6 classic Halo again. Guess not :(

Related? 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Related? 

Regardless of what hes referencing why would you post something like that on twitter while you're still representing a company lol. Twitter really is a place people go just to type something stupid out before they have the sense to think about it and stop

• Upvote (+1) 4

Regardless of what hes referencing why would you post something like that on twitter while you're still representing a company lol. Twitter really is a place people go just to type something stupid out before they have the sense to think about it and stop

I'm sure the outward facing portions of their jobs are absolutely miserable, but the passive aggressiveness Ellis, Menke, and Grim show with their tweets and RTs are hot trash.  The lack of perspective is increasingly frustrating.

Assuming this is related to Neighbor's tweet- his reply is substantially less professional (if you could even consider Neighbor's hashtag unprofessional).  If it's not related, it's an excellent lesson on why not to be cryptic on social media.

*Removed since apparently the reply isn't about Neighbor and no point letting the idea spread.  Rest of my complaint stands.  Be better.  Have higher standards.  If you have to be cryptic about your whining, you probably shouldn't be posting it in the first place.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sure the outward facing portions of their jobs are absolutely miserable, but the passive aggressiveness Ellis, Menke, and Grim show with their tweets and RTs are hot trash. The lack of perspective is increasingly frustrating.

Assuming this is related to Neighbor's tweet- his reply is substantially less professional (if you could even consider Neighbor's hashtag unprofessional). If it's not related, it's an excellent lesson on why not to be cryptic on social media.

You are essentially threatening a guy's career after he likely expressed he was leaving because the series wasn't going in a direction he liked. This, after "I wish them the best moving forward and I am very thankful for the last four years." That is about as petty as it gets, and frankly annoys me more than any gameplay decision. Be better. Have higher standards.

There are a lot of assumptions being made here...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There are a lot of assumptions being made here...

Like one total?  Which I state and then say if the assumption is wrong it's a really good reason not to be cryptic.

I dunno.  Doesn't seem like a hard one to connect the dots.

• Upvote (+1) 2