CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Did anyone seriously expect H6 to be good? Pro team or not, 343 will always chase the fad of the day and in the process compromise the core gameplay.

What can Neighbor do if Frankie and friends are dead set on adding wallrunning, champions and a battle royale mode?

The hope seems to be that since BF1 and CoD are seeing success by doing "back to our roots" marketing campaigns that 343 would also hop on the bandwagon late like they basically always do. However we might also be playing Halo 6 champions 50 man battle royale call in your mantis for .99c

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did anyone seriously expect H6 to be good? Pro team or not, 343 will always chase the fad of the day and in the process compromise the core gameplay.

What can Neighbor do if Frankie and friends are dead set on adding wallrunning, champions and a battle royale mode?

When it became obvious the game wouldn't be out for a while I thought perhaps they'd gone back to the drawing board to figure out how to make the best Halo game they can. At this stage they're two games into a trilogy and haven't found what works. They know what Halo games were succesful because there's a lot of #data that indicates as such.

I believe they're just so set on making people like their brand of Halo that it doesn't matter how badly they tarnish its reputation. In their eyes it's better to have one good title in a pile of bad ones that reflects their ideals because if they succeed they will have done something "revolutionary". It's about creating their own legacy, not about doing justice to a much loved franchise.

That's my tinfoil hat + on a lot of painkillers right now theory anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you've got any maps you want us to look at let me know. All the maps besides this one(including other sanctuarys) haven't been testable but that's not a large sample size.

Here's a gameplay on the sanc we are testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO304xRlaAY

Gameplay looks interesting from spectator point of view. Def lot different than the H2A let's say.

But I wonder why they went with the grey industrial theme with all the beautiful forge pieces we have.

https://twitter.com/masoncobb/status/941925770837897216

Was hoping 343 saw the success of WW2 and would make Halo 6 classic Halo again. Guess not :(

Hey, we knew that already. Franklez confirmed there will be advanced movement long time ago. Once they started to build around that, it would not be possible to swith to classic even if they wanted.

What I hope is they make sure, there won't be all that extra gimmicky movement that made possible to traverse the maps any thinkable way. Like stabilise+clamber made most of the maps trash, totally breaking the intended flow. It's like jetpack in Reach pretty much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That sanc looks horrible. Hopefully we can get a better version than that. Wonder how warlock, beaver creek, and lockout would play. Also glad that MLG is back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That sanc looks horrible. Hopefully we can get a better version than that. Wonder how warlock, beaver creek, and lockout would play. Also glad that MLG is back.

I'd guess that Warlock and Creek would be way too small for enhanced mobility, and stretching them out to accommodate it would look weird and off. Sanc was already a fairly open map, so stretching it a little bit doesn't look too bad, and it looks like it plays pretty well tbh

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last time Ryan posted that video someone replied with several much better looking versions, hopefully one of those versions can be tested as well because, yeah, I think there's a lot of room for visual improvements on that map. 

While I am happy for the players and want nothing but the best for a new org entering both Halo and gaming, i cant help but be dissapointed that NV will no longer be a top team or potentially even in Halo anymore. That alongside the loss of liquid and EG our social reach and grade of top tier org involvement is decreasing and is a massive loss for the HCS. Hopefully the new format and TOs breath fresh life into the scene and the competition level rises!

No doubt the growth we'll get from MLG will bring old + new orgs back into the Halo scene.

Who knows, maybe C9 will have a Halo team for longer than a Bo3 series

So what do the current teams we know about look like?

Obviously we've got Reciprocity and Optic but where do the rest stand currently?

The only other two officially confirmed ones are;

Splyce: Renegade, Shotzzy, Stellur, Eco

????: el Town, Arctic, Tapping, Falcated

Other than that;

LG: Saiyan, Trippey, Ola, Bubu

Looks like Shooter, Ryanoob & Rayne are teaming.

Danoxide & Naded seems like a duo.

Prototype & Str8 Sick reunited? And they might team with Commonly & Baby J?

No idea about Nemassist, Sabinater, DasTroyed, Contra, Lunchbox, Ace, aPG & Suspector.

The only other two officially confirmed ones are;

Splyce: Renegade, Shotzzy, Stellur, Eco

????: el Town, Arctic, Tapping, Falcated

Other than that;

LG: Saiyan, Trippey, Ola, Bubu

Looks like Shooter, Ryanoob & Rayne are teaming.

Danoxide & Naded seems like a duo.

Prototype & Str8 Sick reunited? And they might team with Commonly & Baby J?

No idea about Nemassist, Sabinater, DasTroyed, Contra, Lunchbox, Ace, aPG & Suspector.

DasTroyed had to quit because of a new job, I think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H6 will most likely suck too, but at least its cool MLG are getting paid to try and salvage the comp scene. 

Neighbor's tweet to me is far more depressing than the MLG announcement is hyping to me. 

Seeing clamber used for what would of been standard jumps in classic Halo makes me sick. 

I wish #classichalofan would actually blow up on twitter. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree that the cycling out of Liquid and then NV for a brand new org in Reciprocity is for sure a downgrade as far as reach and established brands are concerned.

However, hopefully with MLG back in the mix, NV will want to stick around // other teams make an entrance?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Game doesn't have to be classic Halo for it to be a good game, at this point I'll take anything that even remotely hooks me like any Halos in the past.

And we apparently have an MCC fix coming too.

Just realized this is probably why they are fixing MCC. If you want classic halo play this game that finally works.

If you don’t like halo, here is h6. A non halo game that has Spartans.