CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pretty sure suspector was already planning on sticking with halo. His rumored team of himslef, shooter, ryanoob, and Rayne scrimmed LG's rumored roster a few weeks ago.

Also, not sure if this was posted but it looks like El town, artic, falcated, and tapping are a team. Thought tapping would maybe have to play for Mexico but this looks to be a solid roster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm kinda dissapointed cause I don't think this team is good enough to stop optic from winning back to back to BACK hwc.

(just judging by the names doe)

I'm kinda dissapointed cause I don't think this team is good enough to stop optic from winning back to back to BACK hwc.

(just judging by the names doe)

Splyce is a scary fucking team.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Was hoping 343 saw the success of WW2 and would make Halo 6 classic Halo again. Guess not :(

Yup. It's over. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yup. It's over.

Whyyyyyyy. Would love to see Neighbor come back for MLG but I'm pretty sure he's not allowed due to him working for 343. Sucks if true but let's not forget this wouldn't be the first time MLG had to improve subpar settings.

Can we skip the Rent talk for this next downtime and just have everyone list the best food trucks they've ever eaten at?

Locally here in Huntsville, I've had a few that come to where I work. "The Steakhouse" is pretty good. "Manic Organic" has a really solid organic farm burger and fries. All the other trucks aren't that good and all are overpriced. 

Locally here in Huntsville, I've had a few that come to where I work. "The Steakhouse" is pretty good. "Manic Organic" has a really solid organic farm burger and fries. All the other trucks aren't that good and all are overpriced. 

Are they better than The BEASTro?

Rule #1 is that you have to have a good pun of a name.

RIP Officially the 343 Pro Team.

Ghostayame and Neighbor leaving 343 within months of each other after working on all of halo5 for the past 3+years says it all to me with the future for Halo. What damn shame, nothing more to say than that. Those guys did so much behind the scenes more than you will ever know.

I mean 343 pretty much dissolved the "pro team" shortly after the launch of the H5. IIRC Strongside, Dersky, Neighbor, and Ghost all had new positions at 343 in 2016. The pro team did a lot of damage control for the multiplayer maps in Halo 5 during it's development process and what concerns me the most is having a terrible set of maps at the launch of Halo 6 because the same level of professional oversight wasn't there.

I'd be down to have a road trip from Alberta, Canada to Vancouver, and then to Seattle for the HWC Finals with fellow Beyond members  ;)

I'm in Vancouver  :thinking:  :thinking:  :thinking:

edit: 3 consecutive posts rip

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean 343 pretty much dissolved the "pro team" shortly after the launch of the H5. IIRC Strongside, Dersky, Neighbor, and Ghost all had new positions at 343 in 2016. The pro team did a lot of damage control for the multiplayer maps in Halo 5 during it's development process and what concerns me the most is having a terrible set of maps at the launch of Halo 6 because the same level of professional oversight wasn't there.

Personally, I think the maps 343 has released have always been bad. Maybe it's mainly because of their being designed around armor abilities, but whether there was professional oversight or not 343 has always had piss poor quality assurance when it comes to their maps.

That all comes down to whether or not the game features sprint and abilities. I feel like regardless of who's working on them, regardless of whether or not there's input from pro players, there's no way to build genuinely good Halo maps when designing around sprint and other movement abilities. 

Pretty much this. I think armor abilities make Halo completely noncompetitive, and maps will continue to be awful as long as they remain (yet casuals love to complain how 343 is always catering to the COMPETITIVE COMMUNITAY lul).

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is low-key confirmation of Halo 6 being excess movement and therefore generic and dull. I'll see what MLG brings to the table but Sprint Halo is so generic. The game has lost the sound, the aesthetic, the gameplay and the fans.

The MLG announcement had me super pumped. It's always one step forwards and two steps back. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The MLG announcement had me super pumped. It's always one step forwards and two steps back. 

More like 3 steps forward, 43 steps back. xd

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did anyone seriously expect H6 to be good? Pro team or not, 343 will always chase the fad of the day and in the process compromise the core gameplay.

What can Neighbor do if Frankie and friends are dead set on adding wallrunning, champions and a battle royale mode?