CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Team Rec doesn't sound too bad...

It's not great though.

Team Rec sounds good, the full name is kind of eh, unique choice of word I guess.

I'm calling it now, though; when they lose a series people will jokingly call them Team Rekt.

• Upvote (+1) 2

two random Canadian investors and two Millennial Esports staff bought a team from nV ... ?  I'm a bit confused here.  nV must not have fought TOO hard 

edit: also there are about 100 companies named "Epic", who is this David Fawcett guy and what did he found?

First Canadian org in HCS? lets go

Choosing a brand new org is a huge risk. Hope it works out for them.

This. It's pretty baffling too me that they would leave an established org like Team Envyus for a brand new org but I mean they must've offered something good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

nV offered us almost double the salary we were at to try and keep us.

That's pretty insane to turn down especially considering orgs involved in Halo, excluding OpTic, aren't offering high salaries to begin with. Reprocity is probably offering a super special perk that you may or may not be contractually obligated to state.

nV offered us almost double the salary we were at to try and keep us.

I would love to hear the reasons you parted then? Huge name org, salaries.. seems like we don't know any downsides
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Man I just want to know what Lunchbox plan is. Id be down to see him team up with Ace and Apg. 

Also I really miss EG :(

I would love to hear the reasons you parted then? Huge name org, salaries.. seems like we don't know any downsides

I mean the offer they got more than likely involved a lot of $. Maybe something to do with freedom to do what they wish in the future as well but, well, nobody is going to pass up a free check. Safe to say they aren't going to put themselves on the streets with no money

they got a better offer

• Upvote (+1) 2

they got a better offer

a new team desperate to get into the scene ended up overspending, I guess (this also happened in GoW).  good for the players but I dunno, inflated salaries for events with low viewership doesn't seem like a sustainable model.  hopefully H6 is amazing and it all works out

• Downvote (-1) 5

they got a better offer

And that's all we need to know.

As long as Envyus wasn't treating them bad or unfairly or doing something shady, it is none of our business.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope with MLG back, there will be even more new faces coming in through opens before 2018 HWC, as it was in 2016 (Bubu, Huke, Penguin, Raine, Eco, Eltown, Stellur, Commonly) and 2017 (Saiyan, Trippey, Renegade, Shotzy), that will shake up the scene and open up space for new/returning orgs.

• Upvote (+1) 1