CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tashi did confirm Magnum starts on the stream from the bit I saw before I went to sleep. So at least the BR hotfix doesn't mean it's going to suddenly be forced on us for this HWC run.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Welp. It's my day off. Been busy with school and the girlfrond just to see MLG IS BACK WTF BBQ LELELELELELELELLE WHAT IS THIS??????

WE'RE HOME BOYS!!!!

MAYBE KANYE IS GOING TO SING HOMECOMING AT THE EVENT! THAT'S WHY HE'S MEETING WITH 2GRE. HEHEHEBJJJJJHJUDTWYWYEY

I'M FUCKING HYPED!!!

• Upvote (+1) 8

Sat through star wars with a big smile on my face because of MLG last night. Trying to explain to my girlfriend why this was important was quite difficult though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Call of Duty: WWII was November's best-selling game overall, and instantly becomes the best-selling video game of both 2017 (year to date) as well as the rolling 12 month period ending November 2017. Call of Duty: WWII generated more launch month consumer spending than any Call of Duty debut since the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops II in November 2012. Call of Duty is the top ranking revenue generating franchise in tracked history.

Sat through star wars with a big smile on my face because of MLG last night. Trying to explain to my girlfriend why this was important was quite difficult though.

Mlg announcement was a lot better than the movie
  • Upvote (+1) 2

No graphic details ladies and gentlemen :)

P in V.

Man fuck, this is why you can't be trusted to cast. It's 8am let's keep this PG please I'm sensitive

YiityTx.gif

I hope they don't and 343 finally capitalizes on the badass arena sandbox they could have in front of them.

I don't know if it'll ever happen.

While I'm a simple guy and I'd love just pistols and a sniper and rockets, if 343 could ever figure out how to develop power weapons and a sandbox correctly, we really could have some great variety. It would be nice to see a pistol, BR, and a DMR that can actually coexist and be effective. I'd love to see a sniper like the old Halo 1 sniper and a rocket launcher that is useful as well as maybe a shotgun that is useful, but not over powered. I think the weapon sandbox right now absolutely sucks. I also believe that there should be zero abilities, no sprint, and no radar, but obviously all of this is personal opinion and just stuff I'd like to see. Ideally, I'd love to see 343 relinquish all control over the gameplay settings and let MLG set up properly competitive settings. But that would have to coincide with some new maps too and adding in a couple of good gametypes too. I love MLG and I think they can do a ton for the franchise, but they need to have something to work with too. I'm hoping against hope that Halo 6 is a quality game, because if it's more along the lines of this then we're going to be in trouble no matter who the TO is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't wait to see if h6 is classic. I am glad we have MLG again but h5 is meh..

At least we can start to grow the fan base leading into h6.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait to see if h6 is classic. I am glad we have MLG again but h5 is meh..

At least we can start to grow the fan base leading into h6.

Hard to grow a fan base around a terrible game. Before Call of Duty gets brought up, they grew the scene or at the least kept it going pretty strongly, not really the fan base (as far as viewership would go). If anything, the sales numbers of Infinite Warfare would show that the fanbase responded extraordinarily negatively to the ongoing disliked gameplay. Luckily, the players themselves in a lot of cases have large followings and that combined with MLG's tournament production and the year's tournament schedule and 2k tournaments etc. to keep the competitive scene active and afloat. Halo is already so far into a bad situation game-wise that if another game with gimmicky and unnecessary movement and terrible maps and a brutal weapon sandbox, we are going to be in a very tough situation, regardless of MLG's excellent tournament production and expertise. I think MLG is absolutely amazing, and will only help competitive Halo, but if the developers of the franchise don't actively produce a quality game that can be played by the larger fanbase for both competitive fun and casual fun, then Halo itself very well may be done. 

EDIT: Shit I sound extra pessimistic on this. I just wanna say I'm pumped about the MLG situation, I'm just less pumped about the overall game. I think MLG should get the creative freedom to make this game as competitive as it can, and in my eyes, that's removing all the bullshit 343 has shoehorned into it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My dog stepped on my glasses last night and LITERALLY SNAPPED THEM IN HALF. FRANTICALLY TRYING TO SCHEDULE AN EYE DOCTOR APPOINTMENT SO I CAN SEE TLJ TONIGHT AS PLANNED BECAUSE I AM BLIND AS HELL.  :salt:  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is this you? If so and you guys can make it, hotel and VIP on me

It’s me and I’m working to find a flight schedule that could work. I really appreciate your generous offer here, even if it doesn’t work out.

Either way I’ll be watching the event with my old ass MLG A40s and hat, Doritos is hand. It might just be on my phone instead of in person.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I believe the announcement Ogre 2 was referencing may be coming out today before Team Liquid's, but I am not certain.  At any rate, there should be two big announcements today, and one of them is going to shock you.

GONE SEXUAL?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe the announcement Ogre 2 was referencing may be coming out today before Team Liquid's, but I am not certain. At any rate, there should be two big announcements today, and one of them is going to shock you.

Tibby got fired for Ogre 2 FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 9