CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So apparently the last time Tashi was on the Halo Livestream, they thought they were going to announce MLG. Interesting.

Tashi is talking about MLG on mixer right now if you're interested.

IM NOT FUCKING CRYING, YOU ARE CRYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCARECROW WHEREVER YOU ARE, KNOW I WILL BE PAYING FOR YOUR ENTRANCE TICKET FOR CBUS !

I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT ALL CAPS THIS IS ALLLLLLLLLLL HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Is this you? If so and you guys can make it, hotel and VIP on me

bless you

Is this you? If so and you guys can make it, hotel and VIP on me

Nope, as much as I'd like to go to a halo event I just saw that being retweeted and posted it here.

you should @ them on twitter to let them know. I'll do the same lol

Today was a good day for Halo. It's awesome to see folks pumped for Worlds. :D

Somebody get this man out to some Halo events!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Today was a good day for Halo. It's awesome to see folks pumped for Worlds. :D

Cast?

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Tashi So is the 2 player roster change rule for pro teams from the Fall 2016-Fall 2017 still in play for determining group play spots at the Orlando open event? Also will there be any new rules regarding roster changes after World's for determining "pro team" spots?

@@Tashi

You gotta let us know when the new HCS merch comes out... that new logo is 10x better than the old one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which series is this from? Not caught up on Super and this looks too well animated not to be from Z.

This one is from the dbz movie with janemba. Fusion reborn.

it's a shame that super is animated so poorly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Tashi So is the 2 player roster change rule for pro teams from the Fall 2016-Fall 2017 still in play for determining group play spots at the Orlando open event? Also will there be any new rules regarding roster changes after World's for determining "pro team" spots?

Not ready to share those specific details just yet but working with MLG to finalize the last bits and pieces.

@@Tashi

You gotta let us know when the new HCS merch comes out... that new logo is 10x better than the old one.

I'll talk to the CP team. Agreed, new HaloWC logo is amazing. Some design goals were to bring in some of the "language" from the HCS logo with the font type and three stars. Also, the design started out by flipping the HCS logo upside and starting from there. Super cool!

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm so excited that MLG and Halo are back. I'm excited that the newer settings are looking pretty good. I have an excited feeling around Halo again.

I'm looking to get in on some of these events and try competing for the first time.

2018 can be really good for this franchise, and that feels amazing to say.

So just the one then? I'd love it to be proven completely wrong and there would be a massive flood of old blood (pro and "casual") coming back to play, but they'd be coming back to a terrible game. If MLG can get through this next year of Halo 5, and Halo 6 actually is promising, then we're in business. Until then, I'll remain skeptically happy about this situation. Great usage of Little Finger though, I applaud that big time. 

When you get told MLG is back with Halo.

tenor.gif?itemid=3551831

But then you remember the current Halo game is Halo 5: Guardians

giphy.gif

But the next Halo game could be good!

3b32ff1ad81941ac70edf3b2f993244e.gif

But 343 are in charge of Halo...

tenor.gif?itemid=3532404

Being a Halo fan right now...

NvWMx.gif

Post on point bud. I love it.

When can we start buying Final Boss hoodies again? 

THE REAL QUESTIONS. WHERE IS THE MLG PRO SHOP FOR GEAR?! I NEED IT IN MY LIFE.

343 will lead the charge on settings.

But, @@Tashi has reached out to us already on opinions on things already. We have Merk here along with a variety of other Halo lifers who will share as much info as required/desired to help out in any way we can.

This gives me some hope that this is going to be more than just incredibly well-produced events. If MLG gets a say in settings, and 343 actually listens instead of what they do with the community when they say they listened and don't implement anything the competitive community wants in the competitive scene, it could be amazing. The problem I see though is that it would require an entirely new set of maps, usable versions of Assault, KoTH, Oddball, and TS as well as massive updates to the movement mechanics and sandbox. So essentially, MLG would be building a new game on top of the Halo 5 engine. I think they can do it honestly.

The game is still H5 and the developer is still 343i.

He made a good decision. Time to adult up.

Agreed. As much as MLG brings to the table, if they can't adapt the game to be a lot better, it's still shitty H5.

Return of Final Boss?

Let's not ruin a good thing here.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

IM NOT FUCKING CRYING, YOU ARE CRYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCARECROW WHEREVER YOU ARE, KNOW I WILL BE PAYING FOR YOUR ENTRANCE TICKET FOR CBUS !

I DONT FUCKING CARE ABOUT ALL CAPS THIS IS ALLLLLLLLLLL HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

giphy.gif

AYEEEE