CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Incredibly happy for Halo and the return of MLG :)

This might get washed up with the rightfully deserved happy meme spam, but I wanted to ask a question.

I've been out of the Halo scene for quite some time now. My extent really is just lurking here and on Twitter. I've not posted, played, nada. Last I recall, a few weeks ago there was a shit storm regarding the current settings and weapons. How will people and you guys feel about Halo Esports and its growth if we're stuck playing a poor game ran by a fantastic Tournament Organizer. 

Do we know if 343 is budging to allow MLG to come in and fine tune and tweak (assuming MLG even wants that responsibility now), or is this explicitly a Tournament Organizer responsibility? 

Wait!!!

MLG need to be in full control of the settings! If it's still 343 then what was  the point?!!

Back in h2 and h3, it was solely MLG deciding what settings to chose from, they called the shots, and they heard from the community the most. Not 343. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Hey everyone, today is obviously a really exciting day for all of us at 343. This year has been an insane roller coaster ride - we've hit some really high highs, and some really low lows. With our new partnerships and the support for esports here at 343, I'm confident that 2018 will be a landmark year for Halo esports. I'm glad to see you guys are as excited as we are too.

Let's kick some ass!

-Tashi

Doing big things my dude, I'm excited. <3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Me too but I'm not counting on it. 

It leaked, and believe me, the old Eminem stayed home.

Em's new album is pretty dry not gonna lie.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey everyone, today is obviously a really exciting day for all of us at 343. This year has been an insane roller coaster ride - we've hit some really high highs, and some really low lows. With our new partnerships and the support for esports here at 343, I'm confident that 2018 will be a landmark year for Halo esports. I'm glad to see you guys are as excited as we are too.

Let's kick some ass!

-Tashi

Yes lets fucking goooooooooo!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let's kick some ass!

-Tashi

Congrats man! I can't wait to see where 2018 goes!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's kick some ass!

-Tashi

Regardless of the announcement, I do really appreciate all the hard work you and your team put in. Keep up the great work.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Wait!!!

MLG need to be in full control of the settings! If it's still 343 then what was  the point?!!

Back in h2 and h3, it was solely MLG deciding what settings to chose from, they called the shots, and they heard from the community the most. Not 343. 

MLG is not going to control the settings nor do they need to.  The Attempted BR change was ill-conceived but the setting we have right now are actually pretty good within the context of Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh my god I just realized the finals are in Seattle, which is only like a 4 hour drive.

See you boys at Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really awesome to see MLG finally getting to design Halo (I assume that’s what’s happening, it’s how i interpreted it).

Why did it take this many years....? It’s just insane reflect back on the original days of Halo MLG and how we as a community had been dissecting this game year after year after year.

Congrats to all those involved.

PS I'll be posting here a lot, don't be a dickhead or I'll have Saucey allow me the use of the ban hammer again for a day :)

PPS Kidding

PPPS Kind of

PPPPS not really, be nice and see you soon :)

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7