CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If it's MLG, I'll definitely be going to worlds. That's like $50 guaranteed in 343's pocket. I'm sure with that type of money on the table they'll definitely go with MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Remember that one time that dude told me to admit I was wrong when I said we had no idea when the TO would be announced because 343 said after Thanksgiving? Good times.  Almost 3 weeks after Thanksgiving and still only have a soon™.  :mj:

Suck it noob

Also, did you seriously spend 3+ weeks thinking about this?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Restrictions force creativity.

slight tangent but i think that's the major reason why episode 4-6 were good was because lucas had to reign in his scatter-brained creativity for the technology at the time. Episode 1-3 he could basically do whatever he wanted without a second thought and they were total messes.

Jedi is NOT a good movie. At all. SITH >>>
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MLG is just going to be running one event I think.

Sure, they will run the HWC event and then the Pro circuit afterwards. Then the Halo 6 HWC and so on. Jump on a fucking hypetrain while it lasts dude !

• Upvote (+1) 1

The news drop won't be on a livestream but there will be a video portion to the announce. Main info will be via Waypoint articles. We have an end-of-year Halo Livestream tomorrow and I'll be jumping on with ske7ch to recap the news and take some questions in the Mixer chat. Should be fun!

Isn't it almost 3am where you are right now?

Why are you awake man?

Half of me want's it to be MLG because I want good things for Halo, half of me want's it to not be MLG just to watch the meltdown. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ummm no, it isn't. You can argue H5 is not a perfect Halo game, even not a good Halo game for some people' standards, but saying this game is atrocious is just ridiculous lmao

That is definitely my opinion, that the game itself is a steaming pile of shit. On a less biased note, player population suggests that Halo players aren't too thrilled with the game either. The ranking system is a disaster. The sandbox is a complete shitshow. The maps are pitifully bad. The mechanics are miserable (this one is more bias because I'm a traditional Halo guy, but I still think their version of these mechanics are a little clunky). Spectator mode is horrendous. The competitive settings are so far below optimized it's insane. Campaign was below average. Art style (more personal preference here) isn't great. The fact that a premiere title for Xbox sits so low on it's most played games list really is quite telling. It's just not a very good video game, and not well liked by the masses either. I'm sorry I came across so abrasive, but I'm very much against Halo 5 on top of the disgrace that is the MCC. 

I'm curious to see who the tournament organizer is, and if it's MLG, great, but I wouldn't expect much change besides a substantial increase in production. The game is locked down by 343 unless they hand over creative directive to MLG and let them tweak settings to make them a lot better for competitive play. If you're MLG, unless this deal is absurd money, picking up Halo 5 makes no sense whatsoever. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Naded's not the best example as he's known for retiring and coming back, but it'd be hype if more players would return with *knocks on wood* MLG running the show again.

Sorry for the double post here, but didn't see this one before. I'd be shocked if MLG brought many guys out of retirement. A traditional Halo game would bring a significant amount of players out of retirement both casually and professionally in my opinion. MLG would bring an incredibly high production value to the tournaments, but they'd be trying to dress up a log of shit to make it look like a chocolate bar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry for the double post here, but didn't see this one before. I'd be shocked if MLG brought many guys out of retirement. A traditional Halo game would bring a significant amount of players out of retirement both casually and professionally in my opinion. MLG would bring an incredibly high production value to the tournaments, but they'd be trying to dress up a log of shit to make it look like a chocolate bar.

You're probably right, need a new game to make that happen. I'm still hype for the announcement though :prayers:

I saw the pre-announcement before going to bed yesterday and I actually dreamed about it, I'm reading too much of this forum.

• Upvote (+1) 2