CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When 343 announce that it's Platinum 5 studios working with Microsoft stores to bring us HCS 2018 I expect at least 5 salt gifs per page please.

dude we get 10 salt gifs per page on a normal day

I actually think its MLG but I cant think of any reason why they would pick up Halo in its current state

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually think its MLG but I cant think of any reason why they would pick up Halo in its current state

The current state of Halo honestly does not matter to them. If 343 gives MLG a good deal, they will partner. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because they’re in the business of running esports tournaments when people give them money to do so.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The current state of Halo honestly does not matter to them. If 343 gives MLG a good deal, they will partner. 

Them not getting any views for events wont matter to them?

If MLG can afford to run GOW events then Halo is no problem and the only difference between them and us is that the Coalition does a far better of job of managing there scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If MLG can afford to run GOW events then Halo is no problem and the only difference between them and us is that the Coalition does a far better of job of managing there scene.

That's kind of a HUGE difference there. 

343 manage/run this game to shit. And it was complete shit as a stand alone game to begin with. So this is double shit. I hope for MLG's sake they don't pick this pile of shit up, but money's money sometimes. 

Yeah, the viewership.

I don't think that MLG will magically increase viewership a substantial amount. It might grow a little bit, but you have to realize that even with MLG's polish and finish, this game is still atrocious and the scene is still tiny. It's not as if people who quit Halo because they hate the last three games released will magically reappear because their nostalgic TO has come back to try and breathe life into this mummified remnant of a video game. I have an absolutely dire outlook on this, because I really hate Halo 5 (Halo 4, and Reach) this much. This company is absolutely horrendous and needs to figure out (10 years later) how to make a proper Halo game that people actually want to play. Until the game itself is popular, viewership isn't going to be anything special. If the game sucks, the viewership sucks. End of story. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

If it were MLG, it would be good for the long term of Halo's future. The viewers won't spike straight away, but the game might finally get to grow under good management (343 now have an in-house esports team).

I just want to know that if it is MLG, if it is just for Worlds or they are now the primary partner. I believe for things to make sense it would be the latter, but who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Pretty scummy of 343 to drop the intel the same day Fortnite gets an update.

Reading this and I can only hear the Fortnite dance music.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's weird and probably irrational but MLG would give me more hope for Halo in general. They've seen the catastrophic fall of Halo over the years and some small part of me believes that they wouldn't get involved with Halo again unless they had an indication from 343 that Halo 6 is going to be classic gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's weird and probably irrational but MLG would give me more hope for Halo in general. They've seen the catastrophic fall of Halo over the years and some small part of me believes that they wouldn't get involved with Halo again unless they had an indication from 343 that Halo 6 is going to be classic gameplay.

They'll get involved if there is money.

• Upvote (+1) 1