CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

At least they stopped calling it "Winnerviews". Man that was awful.

I kinda liked it....

• Upvote (+1) 6

All Xbox consoles will require a connection to ping home. If internet drops during a game, the game will continue but stats won't appear.

Much thanks for the clarification!

Is there a general.timeframe we can expect the TO announcement? I'm sure it's just ironing out the kinks right now but I'm just curious

Is there a general.timeframe we can expect the TO announcement? I'm sure it's just ironing out the kinks right now but I'm just curious

It's 343, so it's "coming soon." 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Our pro personalities are pretty awful. 

I agree with you, but are you talking strictly content or just the lack of charisma?

As goldenboy pointed out, more TO's means more events. more events means more interest.

More tournament organizers, equals more events, which equals more jobs for casters and hosts.

We had multiple organizers last year and it was a disaster. 

More tournament organizers, equals more events, which equals more jobs for casters and hosts.

We had multiple organizers last year and it was a disaster. 

It doesn't behoove 343 to contract with a half dozen different different TO's.  Its like starting over every time.

Having more TO's run events independently would be a great thing that the LAN app makes much easier now. But 343 shouldn't officially contract with a bunch of different ones.  Just one.. or 2 that i can think of off the top of my head....

It's difficult not to think of Halo when MLG is a common license plate here in my City. Even the cars are asking, what more do you need?

• Upvote (+1) 7

you aren't wrong but i think they have a lot of potential, they can be funny as hell on twitter

they just need some coaching

that's why i want MLG so bad, they get it

If our pro players need coaching for something as obvious as building a fanbase then we truly are fucked
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If our pro players need coaching for something as obvious as building a fanbase then we truly are fucked

being good at video games =/= being good at selling yourself

it's a lot harder than it sounds

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm surprised the orgs don't have more to do with this, since their success (as an org) depends, among other things, on how popular their team is. Plus it'd be easy for an org to hire a PR coach for all their teams (Halo, CSGO, etc) than relying on the TO for each game to do that or whatever

• Upvote (+1) 1

It’s not. there’s literally 1000’s of examples to follow. Upload regularly, upload good content, advertise, interact with audience, promos and sponsorships. GG EZ.

You literally couldn’t flop if you tried if you did that basic shit, but people want to make an excuse to be lazy af. Playing videogames and eating chipotle all day with fetty wap and chance playing in the background, dming egirls and getting no responses...

Instead of CAPITALIZING on the huge opportunity given to them by playing organised esports. If any pro wants the 101’s that literally everyone knows, pm and I’ll give you a tip for 50c a pop. That’ll get me mad bags of nugs.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 22

It’s not. there’s literally 1000’s of examples to follow. Upload regularly, upload good content, advertise, interact with audience, promos and sponsorships. GG EZ.

lol k dude

if it's so easy where's your fan base?

I'm surprised the orgs don't have more to do with this, since their success (as an org) depends, among other things, on how popular their team is. Plus it'd be easy for an org to hire a PR coach for all their teams (Halo, CSGO, etc) than relying on the TO for each game to do that or whatever

this is definitely going to start happening, especially with all these sports/entertainment people investing

• Upvote (+1) 3

At least they stopped calling it "Winnerviews". Man that was awful.

One thing I hate about our casters is they'll come up with a word or phrase, think "wow that was clever," and then repeat it ad nauseam. 

If you haven’t noticed lately most orgs are hugely underskilled. Weak content, weak branding, weak financials. EG had the right idea, because them and Optic actually decided to include their Halo players in quality content, but no orgs afaik (excluding Optic obv) are trying to get their players in the media business. You want to have a personality in the first place, which I hate to say Halo is seriously short of, but even then you can work around a shit personality by just having cool shit to show. The income stream from posting content a couple times a week can be consistent and always growing, and as shown by CoD players can eventually fill the gap of low placings or even comp retirement. They’re literally wasting huge opportunities for no good reason.

You literally couldn’t flop if you tried if you did that basic shit, but people want to make an excuse to be lazy af. Playing videogames and eating chipotle all day with fetty wap and chance playing in the background, dming egirls and getting no responses...

Instead of CAPITALIZING on the huge opportunity given to them by playing organised esports. If any pro wants the 101’s that literally everyone knows, pm and I’ll give you a tip for 50c a pop. That’ll get me mad bags of nugs.

doing all that stuff isn't easy if you're an introvert. I know I wouldn't want to make YouTube videos or even stream.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

lol k dude

if it's so easy where's your fan base?

lol I was waiting for this dumb ass question. Firstly, I’d have to start from scratch. literally just the people I play with online, or IRL friends, would be the only audience to start with. No team support, no org support, no league support, no dev support, no social media following. Secondly, I have a part time job and family to support.

Thirdly, I could still totally do it. I’m a hobbyist music producer and I know fuckloads of things that I could create content with. I also am not a cringey sperglord so I’d be able to talk and interact. The other reasons not previously mentioned include how much of a slow burn music content can be in terms of viewership growth and time efficiency, it also takes quite a bit of technical knowledge to start up the first place as a hobbyist.

Considering you’re just a cashier-stocker who makes useless halo comp stat sheets all the time, I could ask you the same question because you clearly have an advantage (‘large following’ and ‘industry connections’), but I’m not a petty asshole so I won’t do that.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 33

doing all that stuff isn't easy if you're an introvert. I know I wouldn't want to make YouTube videos or even stream.

Isnt it funny how you give yourself an arbitrary label and suddenly you can’t do something?

I was unskilled and unemployed for years after highschool, and yet now I have a comfortable job and own thousands of dollars worth of gear I always dreamed of owning. I had an inescapable fear of taking phone inquiries, on the verge of panic attacks, and now I can take headfuck calls in the middle of multitasking. I used to be hugely afraid of spiders and now I let them crawl over me. I used to get bullyed every day, and now I have banter with the sexist obnoxious people I’m around with all the time in this country. Don’t let dumb conceptions of who you think you are get in the way of doing awesome things.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 19

a bunch of stuff

You realize that even on OpTic, Formal and Karma basically post zero content?  It's not for everyone, and saying shit like "Follow your dreams and procure thousands of dollars worth of music equipment" is not really an argument

• Upvote (+1) 3

You realize that even on OpTic, Formal and Karma basically post zero content? It's not for everyone, and saying shit like "Follow your dreams and procure thousands of dollars worth of music equipment" is not really an argument

Fact: The content they ARE in is popular and people love to see them. Fact: If they did start posting basic content again, even just once a fortnight, they would make good money. Fact: vlogging championships is literally free money.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

You realize that even on OpTic, Formal and Karma basically post zero content?  It's not for everyone, and saying shit like "Follow your dreams and procure thousands of dollars worth of music equipment" is not really an argument

Karma streams pretty regularly, so I would say that is providing content to his fans. Formal used to stream pretty regularly but not as much anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 1