CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

• Recoil on the BR is now predictable and learnable. Massive win. Spray like what CS:GO provides a skill gap for those who can learn it.

I don't understand this argument. Recoil is not necessary in Halo to increase the skill gap. It exists in CS:GO because you can get killed by one shot. If it did not have its over exaggerated recoil patterns, the game would be one taps all day long. The ability to control them in CS:GO is largely down to the accuracy of a mouse. Try controlling an AK spray with a controller, it can't be done. (You must also stand still/crouch to shoot with the highest accuracy, also flinch when shot)

Recoil exists in a lot of twitch shooters where you die in 3-4 shots. Call of Duty WWII for example. You die quickly, most engagements are won because you shot first. The recoil in the game is mainly straight up, and be controlled by pulling down. Again, without recoil, there would be no real challenge because enemies die so quickly and there are no real movement options to evade. (You must also ADS, which slows you down, to have the best chance of hitting anything, and flinch when shot)

In Halo, you have a much longer TTK. You already have to hold your aim on an enemy for a longer period of time to kill them. Your enemy can also jump, crouch, run side to side, all without any penalty to their own accuracy against you, even if you it them (no flinch.) Stuff like recoil/flinch is not necessary because you are already engaged for a longer time against a much more mobile opponent

If you think of the skillgap in engagements as out of 100, made up of the movement and shooting mechanics, then the sum of the skill gap in engagements in CS:GO is mostly down to the shooting, so all the things like spray, recoil are necessary to keep a definite skill gap between a new player and an experienced player, and there are very little movement options in a 1 on 1, so shooting would have to be 90/100 and the other 10 would be movement, so extra things are added to the shooting to increase that skillgap to reach that 90/100 marker.

In CoD WWII, the same applies. The skill gap is largely down to the shooting, rather than the movement, so there are more things added to the shooting to again add the definite skillgap between new and experienced players, such as recoil etc. Very little movement options, but more than CSGO in engagements, so it would closer to 75/100 for shooting, and 25/100 for movement, so extra stuff is added to the shooting to increase the skill gap in shooting to 75/100

in Halo, the skillgap is a more balanced sum of movement+shooting as there are no penalties to shooting whilst moving, so extra things like recoil are not necessary because of the already long TTK and difficulty of mainting aim for a longer period of time on an enemy who has many more options in movement (a good strafe helps in a lot of engagements) when it comes to a 1v1. So its more 50/100 for Shooting, 50/100 for movement, so extra things like recoil flinch are not necessary to bump it up to that 50/100 because it naturally occurs because of the movement options

Downloads Eminem album, 1 hour later, deletes Eminem album. Why is all my favourite childhood things going in the wrong direction? :mj:

Not sure if you're an NF fan but if not I'd recommend checking him out, and Token is pretty good for the slim shady vibes. (Personal opinion)

Edit: New Eminem= 343 halo era. (Factual statement)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure if you're an NF fan but if not I'd recommend checking him out, and Token is pretty good for the slim shady vibes. (Personal opinion)

big fan of NF...going to see him in January

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just listened, not a fan either unfortunately.

i wish we had xmas hats  :mj:

That's what you can do when you're game engine isn't held together by wet fairy farts and duct tape.

Also, people stop freaking out about the recoil.  its per-burst.  Your gun returns to center after each shot so you don't need to "fight it". Fighting recoil so the gun stays centered (like the GF Magnum) is what blows so hard on a controller.  Doesn't look like you need to do that here...

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT, but please don't spoil The Last Jedi. Won't get to see it on opening night  :mj:

Edit: Also, NF has become one of my favorite artists since Mansion released 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not even really sure the announcement will be a great thing if they don't announce MLG. Maybe if gfinity runs everything it wouldn't be a let down

giphy.gif

For real though, please hurry with the announcement whoever it may be

We have been really fucking close for like 2 weeks now, but how close is fucking close? :lxthul:

An issue compounded by the fact that the system is intentionally filled with skins that no one will ever want

That's so much funnier to me if there are weird technical limitations involved. Padding out the REQ packs with garbage skins makes sense in the context of a system where they can easily add more (and more desirable) skins. Not so much when it's apparently some convoluted, hard-coded implementation that wasn't designed for long term at all. All this time, I've been wondering why the hell they aren't milking this system with a continuous stream of skins pumped out by low paid interns or whoever makes those, but apparently they actually CAN'T.

:walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

We have been really fucking close for like 2 weeks now, but how close is fucking close? :lxthul:

as close as possible

Downloads Eminem album, 1 hour later, deletes Eminem album. Why is all my favourite childhood things going in the wrong direction?  :mj:

Which album did you download? Revival isn't even out yet on iTunes.

Which album did you download? Revival isn't even out yet on iTunes.

It releases in a couple of days. If you get a little bit illegal its everywhere on the internet for free

And just like that, Sundance reignited the 'MLG HYPE' just for extra disappointment when we get a UGC/ME/PGL open LAN circuit.

• Upvote (+1) 8

This is nice, some good names in there for sure.

Having Youtubers with 70k+ subs on the Str8 content team will help HUGELY with bringing people into competitive Halo and establishing a foot for comp Halo content creation. Great move.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It releases in a couple of days. If you get a little bit illegal its everywhere on the internet for free

Apparently I'm not very good at being a little illegal because I've been looking and i can't find it lol