CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Downloads Eminem album, 1 hour later, deletes Eminem album. Why is all my favourite childhood things going in the wrong direction?  :mj:

Is it that bad? Eminem used to be one of my all time favorites. 

Posted this in H5:G thread as well, but just for visibility the hotfixes include the removal of random spread to the BR, but changes to the vertical recoil. Interested to try it out. 

"While bullet grouping tightness was improved between the public test and the final version last month, the feedback has continued to be very clear and consistent – most Halo 5 players don’t want the feeling of randomness or inconsistency with their BR."

lol ... I'm guessing they saw playlist populations plummet once the novelty of the new BR wore off.  the new BR led directly to the longest break I've taken from H5, I'm probably not alone
  • Upvote (+1) 5

The best thing about the album is Ed Sheeran's vocals, that's how bad it is

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fack > Revival 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The best thing about the album is Ed Sheeran's vocals, that's how bad it is

Fack > Revival 

That is legitimately depressing. We are living in the timeline where all good things go to die.

• Upvote (+1) 2

• Frame rate improvements on Forge maps. REALLY hoping that Forge maps can be included in HCS at some point. I've said it time and time again, but it is such a shame to see one of the coolest features of H5 not being utilized. It's literally SO COOL.

this will be huge if true and could really breathe some new life in the hcs if done properly

• Upvote (+1) 3

this will be huge if true and could really breathe some new life in the hcs if done properly

Let's have some more Sanctuary and Lockout, yay ! (no really, there are probably plenty of viable maps out there).

Let's have some more Sanctuary and Lockout, yay ! (no really, there are probably plenty of viable maps out there).

I get where this is coming from, but it's 13+ years later and man I still get excited when these maps win a MCC vote.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its almost like I've spent two years watching them remove power weapons and reducing the ammo that they contain because, big shocker, they're really fucking easy to use and keep. Sandbox adjustments and map updates have been a total mess in this game 

These all should have been done after the first HWC, not a couple months before the third

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Architecture limitations that prevent them from adding weapon skins (I thought Halo 5's revenue was based on new skins!) 

ಠ_ಠ

Holy shit. How on Earth do you add weapon skins to Halo with no system in place for continuing to add them long term? They can't even create low effort paid content competently. That's honestly impressive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That is legitimately depressing. We are living in the timeline where all good things go to die.

But hey, at least America is great again. Canigettahayleyea?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit. How on Earth do you add weapon skins to Halo with no system in place for continuing to add them long term? They can't even create low effort paid content competently. That's honestly impressive.

Their test-production pipeline must be an absolute mess. I know DICE's was for the first Frostbite engine, they basically had to rewrite a third of the code to add Conquest to Bad Company 1.

343 should just release a purely classic Halo game. If it does well then that's great, if it doesn't then at least it would get half the Halo fan base to shut up about classic Halo. Seems like a win win.

• Upvote (+1) 6

343 should just release a purely classic Halo game. If it does well then that's great, if it doesn't then at least it would get half the Halo fan base to shut up about classic Halo. Seems like a win win.

Thing is, it would most likely do pretty well, probably better than H5. Don't ask me where I get the data from, i just know it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Their test-production pipeline must be an absolute mess. I know DICE's was for the first Frostbite engine, they basically had to rewrite a third of the code to add Conquest to Bad Company 1.

From what I've been able to gather, the Frostbite engine (no pun intended) is a bitch to work with.

But it just looks so good!

From what I've been able to gather, the Frostbite engine (no pun intended) is a bitch to work with.

But it just looks so good!

Since Frostbite 3 apparently it's a whole lot better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

An issue compounded by the fact that the system is intentionally filled with skins that no one will ever want