CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Arent the games these day as big as they are since devs dont bother compressing any more?

The disks/dvd you buy dont even have the game on them most of the time.

Uncompressed audio, yeah, I believe it started with Titanfall(?) not compressing because "it sounds so much better uncompressed" IIRC and then other devs continuted the trend. But it takes up sooo much space.

Uncompressed audio, yeah, I believe it started with Titanfall(?) not compressing because "it sounds so much better uncompressed" IIRC and then other devs continuted the trend. But it takes up sooo much space.

They did it for performance.  There are ways to compress audio that are almost lossless, but decompressing it destroys (weak) cpu's like the Jaguar cores in the xbox.  Just reading the bitstream doesn't take much effort, despite the fact that the size is larger.

They did it for performance.  There are ways to compress audio that are almost lossless, but decompressing it destroys (weak) cpu's like the Jaguar cores in the xbox.  Just reading the bitstream doesn't take much effort, despite the fact that the size is larger.

It sure would be nice if they were up front about the reasons they are wasting ungodly amounts of bandwidth and hard drive space for assets that the vast majority of consumers couldn't distinguish from moderately high quality lossy codecs (I work with audio, btw). I'm sure the same is true of a lot of other assets taking up gigabytes of space. Oh boy, that one-two punch of console gaming and obnoxious next gen post-processing effects, ludicrously high poly models, and 4K textures. But at least we have incredible enemy AI now and all kinds of other technologies under the hood that make gameplay better than it has ever been... Oh, wait.

Honestly, not taking up tens of gigabytes worth of storage space is practically a selling point now.

​"What? You mean it's NOT a 90GB download? SOLD."

• Upvote (+1) 8

meanwhile, in Ninja-land ...

responding to:

lol Ninja's tweet reads exactly like I'd imagine a paid ad would. That's dope though. He's really blowing up. Did I see he's almost at 10k Twitch subs?

• Upvote (+1) 9

lol Ninja's tweet reads exactly like I'd imagine a paid ad would. That's dope though. He's really blowing up. Did I see he's almost at 10k Twitch subs?

He was at 9800+ a few days ago.

meanwhile, in Ninja-land ...

responding to:

I know you never meant to hurt us, man

We're just a baby [game]

You found a quicker way

To scale the wall of fame

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arent the games these day as big as they are since devs dont bother compressing any more?

The disks/dvd you buy dont even have the game on them most of the time.

You should have seen my "Physical Copy" of Destiny 2 for PC that I ordered from Amazon. It was literally a box made to look like a game sleeve that had a sheet of paper in it with a Battle.net redeemable code on it. I had already received the code via email as well. So silly. I actually laughed when I held that light empty box. Still worth the prime discount.

You should have seen my "Physical Copy" of Destiny 2 for PC that I ordered from Amazon. It was literally a box made to look like a game sleeve that had a sheet of paper in it with a Battle.net redeemable code on it. I had already received the code via email as well. So silly. I actually laughed when I held that light empty box. Still worth the prime discount.

Isn't this like, false advertising?

And why even go through the trouble and environmental detriment of making that? lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Isn't this like, false advertising?

And why even go through the trouble and environmental detriment of making that? lol.

I am shitting you not. I was like wtf bro why did y'all even spend the money to mail me this?

This clip just reminded my of how much background noise H5 has, and it's so annoying. Nice clip though! 

And it's so loud holy fuck, in cs all I hear is footsteps everywhere

And it's so loud holy fuck, in cs all I hear is footsteps everywhere

I play D2, and it's super quiet compared. Crazy.

This clip just reminded my of how much background noise H5 has, and it's so annoying. Nice clip though!

"Got the flag!" "Great throw!" "Railgun ready!"

So noob friendly it hurts.

Apparently, I just completely tune it out lol. Had to re-watch the clip to see what you were talking about! Beyond%20Big%20Smile.png You're right though, AND that spot is egregious compared to most others in the game so it sounded even worse. And Thanks! You should have heard my team's reaction. They lost their shit lol 

Posted this in H5:G thread as well, but just for visibility the hotfixes include the removal of random spread to the BR, but changes to the vertical recoil. Interested to try it out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was just coming to post this, dang you're quick.

By the way, good game the other day, I was the one you messaged saying your teammates were bad (which they were) I didn't realize I was playing with another Beyond member.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Downloads Eminem album, 1 hour later, deletes Eminem album. Why is all my favourite childhood things going in the wrong direction?  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Was just coming to post this, dang you're quick.

By the way, good game the other day, I was the one you messaged saying your teammates were bad (which they were) I didn't realize I was playing with another Beyond member.

Yeah i recognized you from here and knew you'd feel my pain  :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lemme get this clear.... They finally gonna change the BR from "inconsistency/not fun" to "the way it was/way better"

So if I understand correctly, the BR tuning update was released on November 2nd, right?

It means.... it took 1 MONTH AND 11 DAYS to remove the random spread from the BR!?  :huh: Idk about you guys, but I feel this is interaction is so slow.

I mean, great that they changed the BR. But change the BR to have random spread is such a bad idea, so many people hated that from Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2