CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not 100% sure this is true, but If i remember right Tashi (Or some other 343 person) said somewhere that the Worlds location isn't going to be in the next announcement. 

Not 100% sure this is true, but If i remember right Tashi (Or some other 343 person) said somewhere that the Worlds location isn't going to be in the next announcement.

I think it was just that worlds wasn't gonna be announced as part of the weekly update that they had delayed

So when is worlds exactly? 

I'm hella out of the loop, I just keep seeing you guys talking about an announcement lol. What are you guys waiting for exactly?

So when is worlds exactly? 

I'm hella out of the loop, I just keep seeing you guys talking about an announcement lol. What are you guys waiting for exactly?

We currently don't know the tournament organizer, when worlds is, and where worlds is. The only information we have is what regions can qualify, but we don't have specifics for how to qualify.

Settings for worlds are currently being worked on. Some initial spawns are being changed as well as ammo counts in some weapons. It's still going to be pistol starts.

The announcement everyone is waiting for is mostly related to the worlds event and tournament organizer. I haven't seen many people complain about settings announcement because they're actually giving us semi-frequent updates with what they're wanting to test next.

• Upvote (+1) 9

So i get this call from MommaDot today and she was like,

"babyDot I have exciting news!!"

and I was like:

"YOU KNOW WHERE WORLDS IS AND MLG IS HOSTING?!?!?!"

and she was like:

"your father and I are going to see a play this Friday!"

and I was like:

"MOTHER, YOU KNOW I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS RIGHT NOW. HALO IS IN A STATE OF CRISIS AND I NEED TO KEEP ALL LINES OF COMMUNICATION OPEN IN CASE MY DREAMS CALL AND I HAVE TO ANSWER"

and she was like:

"Baby I don't want you to get your hopes up like you did at the start of 2016. 'member that? Remember how much momentum halo had? You were sooo excited, baby I just don't want to see you get hurt again."

and I was like:

"NO MOTHER, IT WILL ALL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME. THEY PROMISED"

and she was like:

*sigh* "baby go back to work, your boss has probably noticed this webpage doesn't look like the application you're supposed to be working on"

and I was like:

-jDot out

I might be showing my age, but F me is this doesn't read like a Suicidal Tendencies song

• Upvote (+1) 3

We currently don't know the tournament organizer, when worlds is, and where worlds is. The only information we have is what regions can qualify, but we don't have specifics for how to qualify.

Settings for worlds are currently being worked on. Some initial spawns are being changed as well as ammo counts in some weapons. It's still going to be pistol starts.

The announcement everyone is waiting for is mostly related to the worlds event and tournament organizer. I haven't seen many people complain about settings announcement because they're actually giving us semi-frequent updates with what they're wanting to test next.

Ah. Thanks man.

Interesting. I could've sworn the schedule was released when they announced the Pro League and stuff like that, but apparently not. 

If I had to guess, it's probably going to be in California again, just at a different venue. As far as the TO... ESL/UGC seem to be the two that stick out to me, but then again I have no idea lol. Hopefully you guys know something soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personally, these settings changes seem a bit empty to me compared to previous seasonal updates, at least those were more substantial (but it was mostly just nerfing/removing everything). Feels like there is so much discussion that has been had about Halo 5's sandbox, gametypes, map layouts, etc. and we're just tweaking minor imbalances rather than really trying to innovate and improve competitive nature of the game.

Ability tracker, map pool, Magnum starts, fun/skillful movement, etc. -> badass

Gametype rules, weapon spawns/times, map layouts, overtime rules, sandbox balance, etc. -> never iterated upon drastically

• Upvote (+1) 6

Its almost like I've spent two years watching them remove power weapons and reducing the ammo that they contain because, big shocker, they're really fucking easy to use and keep. Sandbox adjustments and map updates have been a total mess in this game 

• Upvote (+1) 5

tbh I don't really mind that, I just want to hear something lol

"There's an impending hotfix that will bring some much needed performance improvements to Forge maps."

Post by ske7ch on reddit 13 hours ago

Yes, please! Hopefully they are considering forge maps after this.

Edit: Maybe that Sanctuary that Ryanoob is trying to make competitive.

Memory limitations? How much memory does a skin take up? lol

That aren't used? Should be pretty much nothing at all on RAM & GPU, depends on the resolution & compression for size on disk.