CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is there a word in English that represents point on a timeline, that is closer to the present than "ASAP" ? Let's say we have line with "not so distant future", then "soon", "ASAP"... maybe "imminent" ? Just asking to know what to expect next.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there a word in English that represents point on a timeline, that is closer to the present than "ASAP" ? Let's say we have line with "not so distant future", then "soon", "ASAP"... maybe "imminent" ? Just asking to know what to expect next.

I'm sure you could ask any 343 employee for help on this matter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shortly

Before long

In a little while

In a minute

In a moment

In a bit

In no time

Before you know it

Any day now

• Upvote (+1) 2

RnCjtpq.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

So i get this call from MommaDot today and she was like,

"babyDot I have exciting news!!"

and I was like:

"YOU KNOW WHERE WORLDS IS AND MLG IS HOSTING?!?!?!"

and she was like:

"your father and I are going to see a play this Friday!"

and I was like:

"MOTHER, YOU KNOW I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS RIGHT NOW.  HALO IS IN A STATE OF CRISIS AND I NEED TO KEEP ALL LINES OF COMMUNICATION OPEN IN CASE MY DREAMS CALL AND I HAVE TO ANSWER"

and she was like:

"Baby I don't want you to get your hopes up like you did at the start of 2016.  'member that? Remember how much momentum halo had?  You were sooo excited, baby I just don't want to see you get hurt again."

and I was like:

"NO MOTHER, IT WILL ALL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME.  THEY PROMISED"

and she was like:

*sigh* "baby go back to work, your boss has probably noticed this webpage doesn't look like the application you're supposed to be working on"

and I was like:

-jDot out

I appreciate who you are as a person

• Upvote (+1) 7

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/3928f141c8e14499a4d33d2ddaa86008/topics/hcs-settings-feedback-update----december-12/bb4533c1-d425-4608-ba11-661cd6374ea7/posts?page=1

• Removing Eden Slayer for now due to map imbalances with spawning, power weapons, and power-ups for Slayer and excessively slow gameplay. Some of the changes below do improve this, but we felt the combination of issues merited giving Eden Slayer a break until we are confident we can address them adequately.
  • Dropping Sniper Rifle ammo from 12 to 8 bullets on Coliseum, Plaza, and The Rig to reduce how often we see multiple Sniper Rifles out.
  • Reducing Rocket Ammo from 4 to 2 bullets on Coliseum and Eden to increase opportunities to break map control.

Also Oddball is due to enter the HCS playlist later this week.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So jelly I wasn't born into wealth 

My brother's best friend was born into wealth and he is one of the dullest people I've ever met. Not saying there's correlation... well I am a bit...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When you think about it, there can't be any word to describe "closer to the present" than "ASAP", because any closer than "as soon as possible" would be impossible.

I have illustrated this concept in an easy-to-digest figure that may be of some help.

LEZakfp.png

So he could have meant the next thanksgiving after all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember that one time that dude told me to admit I was wrong when I said we had no idea when the TO would be announced because 343 said after Thanksgiving? Good times.  Almost 3 weeks after Thanksgiving and still only have a soon™.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

What if by "after the upcoming holiday" he meant Christmas?  :kappa:

Nah, it's clear there's been some kind of roadblock stalling the announcement. It doesn't make sense that he would say "after the upcoming Holiday" if it in fact was another 2.5+ weeks away....It better be worth it though.

Then again. 343things.

It's possible that 343's announcement has somehow skipped from the "possible" side of the timeline to the "impossible" region, without ever having crossed the event boundary. This would mean that the announcement is destined to never happen.

Who knows how many more things will not happen?

My theory is that Cratos and E6, to doom us all, created a singularity which sucked up the announcement and transported in into another universe.

My theory is that Cratos and E6, to doom us all, created a singularity which sucked up the announcement and transported in into another universe.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest the existence of alternate universes.

Can we please keep the discussion serious, guys?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alpaca is a really close friend so seeing this is annoying af. Those tweets have to be some of the most immature tweets I’ve seen on twitter in awhile. That Jordan kid is cringe.

Don’t copy designs and get better at them while you’re at it lol

Ps

#WhereIsWorlds :(danI just wanna photograph a halo event

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's possible that 343's announcement has somehow skipped from the "possible" side of the timeline to the "impossible" region, without ever having crossed the event boundary. This would mean that the announcement is destined to never happen.

Who knows how many more things will not happen?

I think your scientific point of view could throw interesting light on many HCS related things. You should more often use this approach. Standard methods of trying to understand the thought process behind the HCS scene have been not successful thus far.

• Upvote (+1) 1