CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i mean from someone who casually follows both, the only glaring differences are that cod has a couple of different gametypes and it doesnt have round economy.

I see.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I used to be on the "COD is easy" train.

And then Black Ops 2 dropped. 

After I got body bagged in league play a few times and improved it felt like H2/H3. High level competitors everywhere, crazy LAN events, crazy moments (Remember the OpTiC Van) - that game changed my outlook on COD eSports personally. 

I miss Black Ops 2 :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

i mean from someone who casually follows both, the only glaring differences are that cod has a couple of different gametypes and it doesnt have round economy. after that the biggest reason people will rag on cod is that the competitive scene is on console. i feel cod will always have that nooby rep bc it is associated with 12 years olds yelling at you

Casually follows export scene. Nearly 4,000 posts on esports forums.

• Downvote (-1) 6

Casually follows export scene. Nearly 4,000 posts on esports forums.

he casually follows both CoD and CS. He's obviously an avid Halo eSports follower. Nice try though.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey, big fan here, can I get an autograph next event?

Sure thing kiddo

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry for being off the grid a bit but I've been heads down (alongside the entire team) wrapping everything up. We are really f'ing close. Also, choosing to ignore your second sentence. :]

Looking forward to the announcement, excited to see what you guys have been cooking up  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Relax guys, I’m pretty sure that was a light hearted joke not an insult.

How can we trust 343 to give us a good HCS season when we can't even trust them to not viciously brutalize innocent forum-posters?

• Upvote (+1) 2

How can we trust 343 to give us a good HCS season when we can't even trust them to not viciously brutalize innocent forum-posters?

I was referring to Twelvegage’s post not Tashi’s.

I was referring to Twelvegage’s post not Tashi’s.

@@NavG123 You have been accused in 1 post of misrepresenting the forum hive mind, 1 post of incorrect referencing and 1 post of underlining a sentence that is already in italics.

How do you plead?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sorry for being off the grid a bit but I've been heads down (alongside the entire team) wrapping everything up. We are really f'ing close. Also, choosing to ignore your second sentence. :]

I wasn't being serious with that second sentence. I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else, it really wasn't my intention. You know I'm a big fan of the HCS team, just wish you guys were a bit faster but I'm sure you are cooking big things.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@NavG123 You have been accused in 1 post of misrepresenting the forum hive mind, 1 post of incorrect referencing and 1 post of underlining a sentence that is already in italics.

How do you plead?

You're not even a real mod. You're just someone with a colored name whose purpose is to go around and act like a deterrent. But this entire forum, and even yourself deep-down, know you're a fraud.

My screen btw:

jF1lrOD.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wonderboy casting at the next event confirmed, thanks for the intel Tash write up the contracts

Congrats man you deserve it #Wonderboyforthenextevent

• Upvote (+1) 8

Relax guys, I’m pretty sure that was a light hearted joke not an insult.

Been apart of this forum community since 05 on the mlgpro days. I would expect nothing less and honestly would kinda be disappointed for anything less. I was wrong to not read his post fully to understand. I deserve the roast.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Moved to H town just before the flood. My neighborhood Kingwood is still recovering. It was a crazy experience.

Shits crazy, if you need something hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

The argument's about CoD's skill gap are hilarious.  "It has less skill gap therefore is unworthy". what a joke.  And in comparison to what may I ask as well? The only Halo game that i can guarantee has a larger skill gap than the current CoD is CE.  You could make the case for 2 and 3 maybe, but Reach, 4 and 5?  no way.

If there wasn't a significant enough skill gap to make the game competitively respectable, it wouldn't be the same handful of players that are always at the top.  Most day's i find this obsession about skill gap to be a little ridiculous.  Its the dick-measuring contest of esports.  Its not the size, its how you use it and right now CoD is using it very well.

In this analogy, CS has the biggest dick

• Upvote (+1) 2

The argument's about CoD's skill gap are hilarious.  "It has less skill gap therefore is unworthy". what a joke.  And in comparison to what may I ask as well? The only Halo game that i can guarantee has a larger skill gap than the current CoD is CE.  You could make the case for 2 and 3 maybe, but Reach, 4 and 5?  no way.

If there wasn't a significant enough skill gap to make the game competitively respectable, it wouldn't be the same handful of players that are always at the top.  Most day's i find this obsession about skill gap to be a little ridiculous.  Its the dick-measuring contest of esports.  Its not the size, its how you use it and right now CoD is using it very well.

In this analogy, CS has the biggest dick

CoD's community is strong, the personalities are strong and the scene is strong. Halo may have been a superior game in terms of "skill gap" previously but the players and personalities, in addition to awful releases, killed all hope Halo had at retaining a player base. None of the Halo players bothered making a YT channel with consistent uploads back in Halo's peak whilst CoD players grinded getting 1000-2000 views per video for years until MW3 and, more specifically, Black Ops 2 where they exploded in viewership.

Yes, we got Reach/Halo 4 whilst they got Black Ops 2, but if you look at CoD gamers channels, they were grinding videos long before CoD esports became mainstream. Most Halo Pro's and personalities are just as bad as 343 with their radio silence and lack of community interaction.

• Upvote (+1) 1