CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Idk Cratos has been heavy grinding CoD which worked in hearly H2A/H5. T64 is reasonable. 

T64 is probably reasonable, but for three guys that have experience playing at a high level that have been grinding the game since it released that should be a disappointment. However, I don't think they will get T64 because I just feel like the actual Call of Duty players who understand how to play things like SnD and CoD CTF as well as HP are going to be better than they are. That's just me though, and I'm no analyst.

How has there not been an announcement yet?

Because this company is a disgrace.

Shit man I would love for that to happen. Might be the best promo the Halo scene has had in a long time. I just don't think switching to COD is as easy as the majority of this forum believes it to be. But hey, thats why TB exists. 

I think switching now is a lot harder because of increased competition on the CoD side. The competitive scene and professional gaming in general, despite the dogshit games of the last few years, has grown substantially. I'm not saying Enable and Formal wouldn't make it today at all, but they had a slightly easier time of it when there might have been less people trying to become professional Call of Duty/gamers. 

yes 

That chin ghillie suit must have been from a supply drop.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think you're missing my point, which is perhaps because you're lacking the context of what I've said previously. My problem is not the existence of casual community. My problem is not "noobs." My problem is a casual community that thinks their arbitrary, ever-changing expectations of a game should be the focus of development time and should dictate the core experience. The kids who reflexively defend bullshit like sprint because those mean MLG 360 no-scope kids don't like it and also they feel like a Spartan and halo 3 was sooo slow. The idiots looking at a shitty, broken game and thinking "the problem is that I can't play as a dino" and "boy, I hope Halo 6 has super cool open world social spaces." The kids who mistake skill gap compression for being "hyper competitive." The kids who think making a demanding precision weapon actually capable of shutting down easy bullet hoses will completely ruin their "picking up new bullshit every 5 seconds" low level casual experience where no one can aim anyway.

Take a game like CS:GO. The majority of that game's population is obviously casual players, but what you don't have in CS are people who load up the game to play surf maps whining to Valve that those fucking tryhard Defuse players are ruining the game. And why is that? Because Defuse is the core CS experience and everyone understands that. All of the other social stuff that casual and hardcore players alike certainly enjoy are TERTIARY experiences. That's not to say that those experiences aren't valuable, because they are.

I am well aware that these games need a casual community. I'm not arguing to the contrary. But what's left of Halo's casual community? The kids who are still around after Reach/H4/H5? I'll take a hard fucking pass on that, thanks. I would rather start over on PC.

great post

gonna have to use this as copypasta whenever anyone gets into another pointless argument over the casual/competitive experience again.

My problem is a casual community that thinks their arbitrary, ever-changing expectations of a game should be the focus of development time and should dictate the core experience. T

This line hear. Reminds me of those kids whose parents buy candy (I think that's what Americans call chocolate) to shut them up.

They're just increasing expectations for bad shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That chin ghillie suit must have been from a supply drop.

I've been running around non-stop, didn't have time to make the beard look good today  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can somebody explain how the team names work in OWL ? Every team had to create new brand ? Why ?

The most fun I’ve had playing video games in long time. Can’t wait to try it on my new pc if the parts ever fucking show up.

I don't have a gaming PC so I'm playing on Xbox One. I just have to get used to leading my shots again. And get the building down. I get caught out in the open to much and can't build fast enough.

Can somebody explain how the team names work in OWL ? Every team had to create new brand ? Why ?

They went with Franchises so that the scene would have more stability. Say Outlaws were actually Optic Gaming, and for some reason OG had to pull out of the scene, the whole team and brand is lost. 

If they're named Outlaws and OG have to pull out of the scene, then its easier for investors to come in and take over the Outlaws brand.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They went with Franchises so that the scene would have more stability. Say Outlaws were actually Optic Gaming, and for some reason OG had to pull out of the scene, the whole team and brand is lost.

If they're named Outlaws and OG have to pull out of the scene, then its easier for investors to come in and take over the Outlaws brand.

I like the idea. But are not orgs fucked over with this ? How do they promote their own branddan?

I like the idea. But are not orgs fucked over with this ? How do they promote their own brand ?

Like this:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not the same. What about merchandise, social outlets and such. How does the league promote them.

The league will help promote them, they will have merchandisimg rights, revenue sharing including broadcast deals (disney xd will show hots and owl ive heard), and they will be able to host 5 local events a year where they keep the revenue. The league doesnt ask the orgs to hide ownership, just have a different name so like juzz said make the league more about the teams than the org if orgs have to come and go

I like the idea. But are not orgs fucked over with this ? How do they promote their own brand ?

another reason why they did it is because there were a lot of investors who had $20M and no org, so everyone starts off fresh and on even playing ground*

OG vs NV

• Upvote (+1) 2

The league will help promote them, they will have merchandisimg rights, revenue sharing including broadcast deals (disney xd will show hots and owl ive heard), and they will be able to host 5 local events a year where they keep the revenue. The league doesnt ask the orgs to hide ownership, just have a different name so like juzz said make the league more about the teams than the org if orgs have to come and go

I quess it's a new thing I don't quite understand. Still think it can lead to some confusion. Like when org leaves and enter like different team. Dunno. Not like I will watch, just wanted to understand. Thx ppl.

another reason why they did it is because there were a lot of investors who had $20M and no org, so everyone starts off fresh and on even playing ground*

OG vs NV

Dallas about to do more damage to houston than harvey

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 16

I quess it's a new thing I don't quite understand. Still think it can lead to some confusion. Like when org leaves and enter like different team. Dunno. Not like I will watch, just wanted to understand. Thx ppl.

Say envy (dallas fuel org) leaves. The point of the branding not being tied to the org is so that another investor can pick up the franchise without having to change the name and rebuild a brand. Its the same idea for traditional sports. If robert kraft sells the patriots, the patriots name and history stays even as a new owner takes over.

Thats different from halo where the org and team are the same. Clg, eg, alg, noble, etc. When the org leaves the team is done. From a fan perspective you generally follow a player vs a team. Optic, nv, and eg (bc of the twins) have been stable. Outside of that its a complete mess with rosters and orgs changing so much.

With this more stable set up and the large buy in, you have incentive to market the team and to stay long term to solidify your investment. To do that you grow the league and the new brand. Its part of why blizzard went after tradtional sports owners. They will know how to grow this kind of thing.

Its super risky but if it works it will be a huge win for everyone. I dont think failure will hurt esports but will set back this type of city based build and will probably kill blizzards esport potential

• Upvote (+1) 3

giphy.gif

Halo Wars 2 World Championship! In sunny Burbank, California: The home of competitive Halo Wars 2!

• Upvote (+1) 1