CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo is only relevant when they're on the marketing budget for the new game. They pretty much shut down and disappear for months at a time afterwards with no real thoughts towards retention unless you really wanted to count the sustain plan that consistently brought us the worst H5 maps and balancing patches years late. This is unfortunately super normal

Just give me H2 back lol

Oh man the d2 community is imploding because of bungie not listening. Imagine waiting 10 years for a great halo game

Oh man the d2 community is imploding because of bungie not listening. Imagine waiting 10 years for a great halo game

A lot of Halo fans are well past waiting 10 years for a great Halo game. I'm at 10 years since the release of a Halo game I enjoyed playing daily. Others haven't been happy since H2 and H:CE before that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of Halo fans are well past waiting 10 years for a great Halo game. I'm at 10 years since the release of a Halo game I enjoyed playing daily. Others haven't been happy since H2 and H:CE before that.

I personally haven't found a halo to be great since H2, but I was still able to play halo 3 and reach:nbns and get a good halo experience. The community and amount of friends that played halo 3 is what made that era great still for me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I never got to experience playing h2 online much, only some lans with my brothers and splitscreen. I really started playing online early 2008. When I got my own xbox 360. I was a mere child during h2 lol

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it yet, but has anyone else noticed that 343 still hasn't announced Worlds location?

my data supports that

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think you're missing my point, which is perhaps because you're lacking the context of what I've said previously. My problem is not the existence of casual community. My problem is not "noobs." My problem is a casual community that thinks their arbitrary, ever-changing expectations of a game should be the focus of development time and should dictate the core experience. The kids who reflexively defend bullshit like sprint because those mean MLG 360 no-scope kids don't like it and also they feel like a Spartan and halo 3 was sooo slow. The idiots looking at a shitty, broken game and thinking "the problem is that I can't play as a dino" and "boy, I hope Halo 6 has super cool open world social spaces." The kids who mistake skill gap compression for being "hyper competitive." The kids who think making a demanding precision weapon actually capable of shutting down easy bullet hoses will completely ruin their "picking up new bullshit every 5 seconds" low level casual experience where no one can aim anyway.

Take a game like CS:GO. The majority of that game's population is obviously casual players, but what you don't have in CS are people who load up the game to play surf maps whining to Valve that those fucking tryhard Defuse players are ruining the game. And why is that? Because Defuse is the core CS experience and everyone understands that. All of the other social stuff that casual and hardcore players alike certainly enjoy are TERTIARY experiences. That's not to say that those experiences aren't valuable, because they are.

I am well aware that these games need a casual community. I'm not arguing to the contrary. But what's left of Halo's casual community? The kids who are still around after Reach/H4/H5? I'll take a hard fucking pass on that, thanks. I would rather start over on PC.

I was waiting for you to say something on par with T2, but you surprised me. That was a great post.

I myself have been praying for someone to come along and open a small studio and build a "Halo" game without it being Halo. I know of Installation 01 and Halo Online, they just aren't up to snuff. 

My hopes of 343 making a classic Halo game are gone. This whole Jessie "Data" Birdy fiasco finally put out the small flame of hope I had left. 

I think you're missing my point, which is perhaps because you're lacking the context of what I've said previously. My problem is not the existence of casual community. My problem is not "noobs." My problem is a casual community that thinks their arbitrary, ever-changing expectations of a game should be the focus of development time and should dictate the core experience. The kids who reflexively defend bullshit like sprint because those mean MLG 360 no-scope kids don't like it and also they feel like a Spartan and halo 3 was sooo slow. The idiots looking at a shitty, broken game and thinking "the problem is that I can't play as a dino" and "boy, I hope Halo 6 has super cool open world social spaces." The kids who mistake skill gap compression for being "hyper competitive." The kids who think making a demanding precision weapon actually capable of shutting down easy bullet hoses will completely ruin their "picking up new bullshit every 5 seconds" low level casual experience where no one can aim anyway.

Take a game like CS:GO. The majority of that game's population is obviously casual players, but what you don't have in CS are people who load up the game to play surf maps whining to Valve that those fucking tryhard Defuse players are ruining the game. And why is that? Because Defuse is the core CS experience and everyone understands that. All of the other social stuff that casual and hardcore players alike certainly enjoy are TERTIARY experiences. That's not to say that those experiences aren't valuable, because they are.

I am well aware that these games need a casual community. I'm not arguing to the contrary. But what's left of Halo's casual community? The kids who are still around after Reach/H4/H5? I'll take a hard fucking pass on that, thanks. I would rather start over on PC.

Amazing post. *Claps*

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it yet, but has anyone else noticed that 343 still hasn't announced Worlds location?61PpJ9Efw7L._UX999_.jpg

Where is worlds?

My usual response is somewhere in the observable universe. But I am not certain anymore.

Just talked to Puckett for like 10seconds as we were both running around. He told me to tell you guys "What's up".

are you at OWL preseason? Also mlg confirmed

Have any of you all played Fortnight? I'm still terrible at it but that shit is legit.

The most fun I’ve had playing video games in long time. Can’t wait to try it on my new pc if the parts ever fucking show up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i would rofl if they got T16

Shit man I would love for that to happen. Might be the best promo the Halo scene has had in a long time. I just don't think switching to COD is as easy as the majority of this forum believes it to be. But hey, thats why TB exists.