CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is the only thing good to come from Recovery 

Hey look, TJ came out of his hole just for me. Im honored.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is the only thing good to come from Recovery 

Still my favorite Halo montage of all time.

Are you using a mining service?

Yes but my ageing gaming PC only has a GTX 460 so I dont have any other option lol

I just thought about something....casuals seem to like h5, yet they claim 343 is catering to pros/comp play. Pros/comp players feel ignored by 343 and dislike the game. How is this even remotely possible? Seriously, there are so many contradictions in those two statements that it makes my head spin.

@@Moses_FPS could you post a twitter poll with 4 responses? (Change wording as you see fit) or I can post later if you don’t mind retweeting

1. I prefer casual halo and think 343 focused more on pros in h5

2. Prefer casual h5 is casual focused

3. Prefe comp h5 is comp focused

4. Prefer comp h5 is casual focused

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Would we accept anyone not named MLG? I'm honestly ignorant when it comes to big TOs. I only watch league, and they do it themselves, and absolutely crush it.

UGC has done a really solid job on the events 343i let them run, and put a lot of effort into improving the experience day-by-day even during events. They don't have the flash and glitz of MLG but we'd still get a good and thoughtful experience.

I just thought about something....casuals seem to like h5, yet they claim 343 is catering to pros/comp play. Pros/comp players feel ignored by 343 and dislike the game. How is this even remotely possible? Seriously, there are so many contradictions in those two statements that it makes my head spin.

@@Moses_FPS could you post a twitter poll with 4 responses? (Change wording as you see fit) or I can post later if you don’t mind retweeting

If he posts this it's going to be insanely biased towards the competitive community. As with all the other polls by Pro's etc.

Off topic but I went on a youtube montage spree and:

1) Legacy to this day is probably my favourite. That man cannon triple has to be the best Halo clip ever.

2) Holy shit Kampy was good in 2009. Hope he's okay.

If he posts this it's going to be insanely biased towards the competitive community. As will all the other polls by Pro's etc.

Off topic but I went on a youtube montage spree and:

1) Legacy to this day is probably my favourite. That man cannon triple has to be the best Halo clip ever.

2) Holy shit Kampy was good in 2009. Hope he's okay.

It would be interesting if he posted two separate polls. One in /r/Halo with the understanding that no one on TB votes on it, and one here just to get some sense of the "divide" so to speak

• Upvote (+1) 3

i'm not really sure what this poll would accomplish and it's kinda confusing to me 

this whole "casual vs competitive" thing is stupid to me tbh, people (halo youtubers especially) literally have nothing to talk about atm so they are grasping at straws

they tried to make competitive halo noob friendly, so that's why the casuals feel h5 is too competitive and the pros feel it's too casual

• Upvote (+1) 5

i'm not really sure what this poll would accomplish and it's kinda confusing to me 

this whole "casual vs competitive" thing is stupid to me tbh, people (halo youtubers especially) literally have nothing to talk about atm so they are grasping at straws

they tried to make competitive halo noob friendly, so that's why the casuals feel h5 is too competitive and the pros feel it's too casual

I actual agree that "casual v competitive" i stupid.  But people do self identify in each category.  My point with the poll is that both groups seem to think 343 is showing a preference to the "other" side.  The way they go about updating the game, interacting with the community etc. has created a feeling that "343 doesn't like me".  I was actually hoping to find some common ground between the groups showing that we all feel unheard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actual agree that "casual v competitive" i stupid.  But people do self identify in each category.  My point with the poll is that both groups seem to think 343 is showing a preference to the "other" side.  The way they go about updating the game, interacting with the community etc. has created a feeling that "343 doesn't like me".  I was actually hoping to find some common ground between the groups showing that we all feel unheard.

That's because 343 didn't do a particularly good job of supporting either

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll propose a revision, but I don't think it's something you could really post. Select which play style are in a majority of the time, and how you think 343 has developed their game to you personally.

majority casual & 343 understands me

majority casual & 343 doesn't understand me

majority comp & 343 understands me

majority comp & 343 doesn't understand me

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every time I post on another Halo forum I realize why I love TeamBeyond so much. Thanks for being smart guyz

Halo means something different to most people, a lot of people only play the campaigns and follow the lore, meanwhile I haven’t play a single campaign mission since Reach. Lots of people love Halo and haven’t played a single ranked game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The game needs a split, casual side and a competitive side. The pros that have been succeeding since the Halo 2 / 3 era say that these things need to go, they are trying to help the community as a whole. How did Halo 2 / 3 thrive in comp? Because Bungie cared about about e-sports? Slightly. Or is it because we had MLG? Sure they were a big help, but I guarantee that Bungie would listen to pros more so than 343 would. Did Bungie have as many fails as 343 did? No. Has 343 failed consistently? Yes, yes, and yes. Why is 343 not trying to replicate a working solid game that works, they have the fan base, they sell a load of games every year on release but what are they doing wrong? They don't listen to anyone but themselves and only take feedback seriously from casual players aka the developers. Maybe some of the Ex pros in 343 have a slight say in it but most likely it's a no and I wouldn't want them to develop the game or guide the "actual" makers either because they're under 343's paycheck. It's not that 343 doesn't understand the competitive community or that they don't understand the casual community, they just don't understand what Halo is and they are driving the true game and value of the franchise further and further away. Halo will only thrive again going back to it's roots. I'm really confused why the #1 xbox game years ago went to basically last place. Seriously shouldn't go south when you're #1 unless you get into a major lawsuit or you hire way under qualified people. There's no reason for pros to stream when you get 300 viewers, there's no publicity about Halo at all. Updates are shit, announcements are late and vague, servers can't hold up to the name "dedicated", blah blah blah. I don't even watch tournaments for this game, let alone play it. I just see stupid updates on twitter and people triggered about 343 and then I have to go on a rant. I guarantee if there is a large petition when it comes to bringing the game back to the roots of wear it started (NOT HALO CE, 343, please don't take that as tip), then it would succeed and Halo will be at piece again, unless they do something like unlimited jetpacks. #RIPHalo6 I can understand why people like Halo 5 because they are new to the Halo series or started around reach/h4 but there is a whole lot you missed. Anyways, I just don't understand why they keep doing this to the community. Really mind boggling.

*read more about this if you'd like
http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/17655-the-book-of-halo/

• Upvote (+1) 1

-snip- 

While this is an awesome read and it was very articulated but I just disagree with the statement of separating competitive/casual as is. There are may examples of other games that made this work in a great way, even Halo 2/3 to a certain extent. A great game should be able to find its balance between the casual/competitive crowd without alienating any. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because Bungie cared about about e-sports? Slightly. Or is it because we had MLG? Sure they were a big help, but I guarantee that Bungie would listen to pros more so than 343 would.

this gave me a good laugh