CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I seen a rumor that they are announcing it next week. But on Tashi’s twitter, he said they are wanting to before the holidays and that the final details being finalized.

I know they want to make a grand and detailed announcement but if there's going to be an event in open event in January or February then 343 needs to hurry up with the announcement because people have flight/hotel tickets to buy. I feel bad for all of the amateur players who will have to spend a lot of money just to be at this events because of these famous last minute announcements.

I seen a rumor that they are announcing it next week. But on Tashi’s twitter, he said they are wanting to before the holidays and that the final details being finalized.

If we are getting MLG I bet they'll wait to announce it until after the cod event happens. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we are getting MLG I bet they'll wait to announce it until after the cod event happens. 

The cod event is this weekend and if they are going to announce it next week, then you know what that means  :weback:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can I entrust someones to contact me should the eventual MLG not running comp Halo happen. There is a morbid curiosity to see the reaction but at the same time I don't think I can handle it.

MLG better be the TO at this point. I don’t think I can handle this name change.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Surprisingly, I really enjoyed that greenskull video.

Same, it was actually pretty well put together and they all had really good stuff to say. Besides cringing at Ninjas "CE was only about the pistol lul" I thoroughly enjoyed that video.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Same, it was actually pretty well put together and they all had really good stuff to say. Besides cringing at Ninjas "CE was only about the pistol lul" I thoroughly enjoyed that video.

Ya there were moments I strongly disagreed or wished they would draw a line in the sand saying spartan abilities should all go, but overall very well put together.

Ya there were moments I strongly disagreed or wished they would draw a line in the sand saying spartan abilities should all go, but overall very well put together.

Agreed, all in all I thought the video went about as well as it could. The flat out line in the sand has lead us to have the all out war with the "casuals" in the past. 

However, I would have loved it if they had flat out said that abilities need to go for a truly competitive Halo game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone from Beyond should sneak into one of these community playdates and get the intel on the TO and worlds. 

Would we accept anyone not named MLG? I'm honestly ignorant when it comes to big TOs. I only watch league, and they do it themselves, and absolutely crush it.

Would we accept anyone not named MLG? I'm honestly ignorant when it comes to big TOs. I only watch league, and they do it themselves, and absolutely crush it.

if its gfinity, i'd be happy too

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'd be happy with a 2018 ELEAGUE World Championship.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All the big TOs (MLG, Eleague, ESL, Dreamhack, Faceit) can put on an amazing show but it's how invested in Halo they would be and more importantly the direction they would want to take competitive Halo. MLG has both the vision that could help revitalize comp Halo and the passion to follow that vision up long term.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Someone from Beyond should sneak into one of these community playdates and get the intel on the TO and worlds. 

woah shotty snipers is back  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Typical. Reviving a shotty-snipes playlist without even acknowledging the community demand for Elite player models and black undersuits. Frankly, 343's blatant disregard for their community is sickening. I will be protesting this decision-making by no longer purchasing REQ pack bundles in the meantime.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Typical. Reviving a shotty-snipes playlist without even acknowledging the community demand for Elite player models and black undersuits. Frankly, 343's blatant disregard for their community is sickening. I will be protesting this decision-making by no longer purchasing REQ pack bundles in the meantime.

You jest but this is another bone that i would throw to the casual players.  Give them playable elites and black undersuits for christ sake. elites have giant heads so it will be easier for me to pick them off. idc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The correlation between Eminem and Halo is annoying.

Eminem - 1st 3 albums are great

Halo - 1st 3 games are great

My two favourite things when I was younger and they both went to shit.

For context the tracklist for Ems new album has the following features: Pink, Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, and Ed Sheeran  :uncledrew:

Halo 6 will probably feature sprint, ground pounding, spartan charge and wall running.

His new song with beyonce is actually pretty good but I didn't listen to the rest 

On Topic: Where is Worlds? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

For context the tracklist for Ems new album has the following features: Pink, Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, and Ed Sheeran  :uncledrew:

Halo 6 will probably feature sprint, ground pounding, spartan charge and wall running.

Another poppy motivational album complaining about fans expecting better of him? 8wArSkr.png

His new song with beyonce is actually pretty good but I didn't listen to the rest

landscape-1464084386-game-of-thrones-lit

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It makes me depressed because he was a lyrical mastermind and then it's like he slowly deteriorated and eventually succumb to poppy mainstream collabs. It's a new low.

I am 100% convinced his old self would hate his new self :/. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You didn't like Recovery? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This whole casual vs competitive thing is pretty stupid. But then, if the base game was actually FUN this likely wouldn't be an issue.  I don't remember anyone crying about how competitive Halo2 was while playing FFA Zanzibar, despite how tryhard matchmaking used to make everyone. 

Personally some of the games I've had the most casual fun with are hyper competitive games, such as Quake and Unreal.

Sure dueling is intimidating and if you suck you are going to get absolutely rimmed, but TDM and FFA's are usually such an complete cluster that Its still an immense amount of fun just playing casually and not really trying.    Probably why I use Fiesta as my warmup on H5, as its the closest approximation.  (an aside, H5 has far too many 1 hit kill weapons.)  

Competitive and Casual can exist very easily within the same game, hell it did for the first 10 years of Halos life. its just got such an identity problem right now due to its mishandling no one knows what the hell the game is trying to be anymore.