CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Snakebite is the best.

I love the enthusiasm, but I don't think anyone can kid themselves into thinking 2018 will be "the best year of Halo eSports ever." Maybe 2019 if 343 shocks the world and releases a classic Halo game and somehow MLG is running the show. Halo 5 is a lost cause at this point. The best thing 343 can do moving forward is to gain some momentum by listening, and not fucking up anymore, and taking that mentality into Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

True, but it could be the best year of HCS's history ever. 

Not saying much since we've had three years of a pitifully run HCS. I know this is your job, and that you're trying to be optimistic, but that statement is like saying this is going to be the smallest pile of shit we've stepped in so far. It's an improvement, but it's still shit.

EDIT: For your sake (and the rest of the pros and anyone who still plays this game), I hope there is a large improvement, but I'm not expecting much, if anything at all.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'd like to reiterate that I agree with the message T2 was trying to get across but the way he delivered it was way over the top and is going to make our outcry look pretty bad.

The way T2 worded his statement was fucking stupid all it's going to do is make those "the pros are ruining the game" or "you can't build the game only for pros" type of comments more frequent.

I'd say he did more harm then good with comments like that he should've of just said that a game can be both competetive and good for casual play at the same time and reference how Halo 1-3 were perfect examples of that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not saying much since we've had three years of a pitifully run HCS. I know this is your job, and that you're trying to be optimistic, but that statement is like saying this is going to be the smallest pile of shit we've stepped in so far. It's an improvement, but it's still shit.

EDIT: For your sake (and the rest of the pros and anyone who still plays this game), I hope there is a large improvement, but I'm not expecting much, if anything at all.

We can have a golden turd in 2018 I'm realistic lmao

• Upvote (+1) 6

Reminder that this is such a great video that becomes more and more relevant as time goes on. Say what you will about Bungie now, but they knew what made Halo, "Halo".

• Upvote (+1) 5

Despite the broken game, I still consider every HCS season of H2A to have been better than every HCS season of H5 so far.

Especially Season 1 where we had multiple event winners in CLG to Denial to EG. Then the crazy Losers Finals match between Noble Black and CLG.

Quality of matches may have been better but the fact that there was only like 3 competitive maps was an absolute killer for me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

3 maps > 3 gametypes.

Especially with all 3 maps being all amazing. Lockout, Shrine, and Warlord.

Being able to watch CTF, Assault, Oddball, KOTH, or Slayer never made the viewing experience boring to me.

I 100% agree. Variety in gametypes makes a way better viewing experience, imo.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

We can have a golden turd in 2018 I'm realistic lmao

Fair enough. Good luck to you man, you guys are gonna need it to put up with this shit for another year (maybe longer).

On another note, I remember the reason that Forge maps couldn't be use was because they caused some frame rate issue or something. I don't understand why the games in the last 10 years haven't been able to just replicate maps from the games prior exactly and just updated graphics. CounterStrike has done it, and their community loves it. Why couldn't we get an exact Lockout or Midship or another Creek just with updated visuals? It doesn't need any of the bullshit "dynamic" elements that 343 had added to MCC. It just needs to be the same. Sanctuary, Midship, Chill Out, Hang 'Em, Derelict, Prisoner, Pit, Damnation, Wizard/Warlock. They're iconic maps and they played incredible. I know they need a game that doesn't suck/have abilities or advanced movement, but the point stands. I understand companies want to blaze their own trail and leave their own mark, but both things can be done while incorporating classic elements that the community loved. I just feel like with today's map editing/Forge technology, you should be able to create those types of maps, and remakes accurately and make them look amazing too. Maps after Halo 3 have become so bland to me. I know this is nit-picking just one of Halo 5's several glaring flaws, but still, it's something that could've made it at least a tiny bit better.

Thank you @@TheSimms for bringing up Halo with the Doc today on the Dreamhack stream. For anyone who didn't see it, the topic of a 1-50 rank system was discussed and the Doc explained how the 1-50 rank system in H2 was easy to understand and not convoluted like the ranking systems that are in so many games that are out today. He also said he played a lot of Rumble Pit and got to rank 48-49 in H2.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Reminder that this is such a great video that becomes more and more relevant as time goes on. Say what you will about Bungie now, but they knew what made Halo, "Halo".

Like or hate Bungie's games, you can't deny that they put their hearts and souls into them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you @@TheSimms for bringing up Halo with the Doc today on the Dreamhack stream. For anyone who didn't see it, the topic of a 1-50 rank system was discussed and the Doc explained how the 1-50 rank system in H2 was easy to understand and not convoluted like the ranking systems that are in so many games that are out today. He also said he played a lot of Rumble Pit and got to rank 47-48 in H2.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BigKindEelHeyGirl

• Upvote (+1) 4

Weird, since Destiny and Destiny 2 both look to me like games completely devoid of heart and soul beyond the visuals.

Yeah I was kind of referring to Halo 1-3. Something happened with Bungie from 2008-2010 where their studio went from a down-to-earth developer to a smug "look how deep are games are" developer. Halo 1-3's storyline was hokey and a ton fun while Reach and the Destiny games just scream "our games are emotional and deep". I want the 'I love bees' and 'Easter egg in Halo 3 with a guy dancing in his underwear' Bungie back.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry I am also unhappy with the Halo 5 HCS situation, but the matches, tourneys and stuff were always way more hype to me than any H2A event.   

Doesn't help that I really dislike H2A, I also disagree that 3 maps is better than 3 gametypes.  seeing a best of 5 series with the same map 2 times in a row was the dumbest shit ever. (mind that still happened in Halo 5)

All weapons had weird sounds, weird autoaim, grenades were broken and the events due to it being MCC had some horrible downtime. HCS H2A was almost unbearable because of the technical issues every stream because they just had to reset the build so often.

Xgames, Nationals, both Worlds in Halo 5 alone have the whole H2A HCS beat IMO

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

h2a triggered me because i'm a h2c fan boy

it just felt wrong

i enjoyed playing h2a more but i preferred watching h5

• Upvote (+1) 5

Despite the broken game, I still consider every HCS season of H2A to have been better than every HCS season of H5 so far.

Especially Season 1 where we had multiple event winners in CLG to Denial to EG. Then the crazy Losers Finals match between Noble Black and CLG.

I just think H2A is a better game than H5. Way more fun to play. Shame MCC was such was a broken piece of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Truthfully. I haven't cared for pro Halo since Halo 3. Reach for too long used ridiculous settings until v6, which didn't even resemble base Reach. 4 was stupid. H2a basically played itself, and H5...I don't even know. I went to one H5 event that was in Anaheim with some of the beyond guys here and it was really underwhelming. Felt really weird to be at honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

while we don't know who hosts our next worlds, Overwatch has a college Overwatch league on the blizzard stream... wtf

• Upvote (+1) 1