CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The Halo World Championship starts next month and there have been ZERO details released about it. I'm so tired of hearing the "we'll provide an update as soon as we have one" excuse because there is no incentive for any pro or amateur to play unless there is an announcement. It's come to the point where i'm comfortable enough to say that 343 is hands down the most pathetic company to ever be involved in esports. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

The Halo World Championship starts next month and there have been ZERO details released about it. I'm so tired of hearing the "we'll provide an update as soon as we have one" excuse because there is no incentive for any pro or amateur to play unless there is an announcement. It's come to the point where i'm comfortable enough to say that 343 is hands down the most pathetic company to ever be involved in esports.

This is eerily similar to what happened last year. I just hope the outcome isn’t the same because that would be indefensible.

If we end up in Burbank again I’ll mail all my Xbox and Halo stuff back to Microsoft because I give up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A competitive scene will always be better with support from the developer. Bungie never gave a shit about the competitive scene. 343 have no idea what they're doing, they lack transparency, and they make some of the most mind boggling decisions, but trying to support the competitive scene in some capacity will always be important.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A competitive scene will always be better with support from the developer. Bungie never gave a shit about the competitive scene. 343 have no idea what they're doing, they lack transparency, and they make some of the most mind boggling decisions, but trying to support the competitive scene in some capacity will always be important.

It's bitter irony that Halo was amazing when competitive gaming was tiny, and now that eSports have blown up to massive proportions, the quality of the games themselves have taken a nose dive. Imagine a Halo title with the quality, replayability, and competitive viability of Halo 2, but with modern features like a spectator mode, map editor, theater mode, and dev support from a competent developer that wants to grow the competitive scene. It would be all but unstoppable. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I swear sometimes Bungie just like to remind everyone of their legendary hipster status and do the opposite of what everyone else is doing just because. But what do you expect from what was originally an indie dev creating shooters for the Mac for gods sake...born hipsters just like all Apple fanboys. Then they go make a FPS successful on Xbox when nobody in their right mind was doing that either. Then innovate online MM and ranked playlists with H2 when everyone on PC/Xbox was still doing mainly dedicated lobbies and hardly anyone was doing ranked playlists.Then they get handed an opportunity to foster Halo as an e-sport through the gift of MLG's rapid growth and the community and the only communication they have with the competitive community is essentially trolling them in their weekly bulletins and with their crappy gameplay changes. It always felt like because competitve Halo and MLG wasn't "their idea" and that it sometimes conflicted with their hipster ideology that they resented MLG and the community for it.Then they leave MS and create Destiny, a quasi MMO-RPG FPS based on social play/bullet-sponge enemies when everyone else is pushing e-sports,e-sports, e-sports, mountain dew and doritos, head-shots, and more sweatbands. And guess what? They are SUCCESSFUL again! Goddamn they are some lucky SOB's! Must be all the weird "rituals" they do at their studio cutting off chickens heads and sacrificing them or whatever they do. Bungie's success makes no logical sense when you look at it...somehow they remain the king AAA hipster game devs after all these years while the competitive shooter fan still shakes their head in disbelief and curses their name under their breath. In a weird way though, they are likeable because of their weird hipster mac fanboy culture.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I swear sometimes Bungie just like to remind everyone of their legendary hipster status and do the opposite of what everyone else is doing just because. But what do you expect from what was originally an indie dev creating shooters for the Mac for gods sake...born hipsters just like all Apple fanboys. Then they go make a FPS successful on Xbox when nobody in their right mind was doing that either. Then innovate online MM and ranked playlists with H2 when everyone on PC/Xbox was still doing mainly dedicated lobbies and hardly anyone was doing ranked playlists.Then they get handed an opportunity to foster Halo as an e-sport through the gift of MLG's rapid growth and the community and the only communication they have with the competitive community is essentially trolling them in their weekly bulletins and with their crappy gameplay changes. It always felt like because competitve Halo and MLG wasn't "their idea" and that it sometimes conflicted with their hipster ideology that they resented MLG and the community for it.Then they leave MS and create Destiny, a quasi MMO-RPG FPS based on social play/bullet-sponge enemies when everyone else is pushing e-sports,e-sports, e-sports, mountain dew and doritos, head-shots, and more sweatbands. And guess what? They are SUCCESSFUL again! Goddamn they are some lucky SOB's! Must be all the weird "rituals" they do at their studio cutting off chickens heads and sacrificing them or whatever they do. Bungie's success makes no logical sense when you look at it...somehow they remain the king AAA hipster game devs after all these years while the competitive shooter fan still shakes their head in disbelief and curses their name under their breath. In a weird way though, they are likeable because of their weird hipster mac fanboy culture.

The tone of this post is all over the place. Get your shit together. :simms:

In other news, a brief glance at Call of Duty forums and twitter pages and their community is just as bitter about the competitive scene and state of their game as we are.

:weback:  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember this?

6za0ama.jpg

I am fairly certain he went to like (1) MLG event and got 2nd round or something with a .56K/D (saw on twitter a while back).

Now the tweet is deleted? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5699317

• Upvote (+1) 7

The "vast majority" has already abandoned this franchise

This shit makes me so angry. Understand the fucking game you’re making, you chimp.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Destiny 2 has its problems, but Bungie is a very talented studio and they know how to make a shooter at the end of the day. 

Meanwhile, 343 has the organizational skills of a 5 year old. 

In other news, a brief glance at Call of Duty forums and twitter pages and their community is just as bitter about the competitive scene and state of their game as we are.

:weback:  

Yeah, just typical cod stuff like weapon/map balance and lag comp. Apparently ranked play is broke too and Scump got ranked Silver - but unlike 343 their ranked stuff will probably be fixed in a week or so

Destiny 2 has its problems, but Bungie is a very talented studio and they know how to make a shooter at the end of the day. 

Meanwhile, 343 has the organizational skills of a 5 year old. 

I'm still incredibly mystified by the success of Destiny 1 (and 2).  The first game was nothing remotely close to what the community was promised, a boring grindfest at 30fps without a coherent story or truly open world, and the multiplayer was imbalanced garbage.  Destiny 2 is just the completed version of Destiny 1, still nowhere close to the potential of either game.  I gave up on both games after about ~10 hours (I had a lot of trust in Bungie for some reason, normally would have given up a few hours earlier).  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Greenskull's video is out. It features Ninja, Spartan and Mikwen so certainly worthy of your time.

Come on did Jessie teach you guys nothing? Do you not know what vocal minority means? 

it means a minority that is vocal

minority means small

vocal means loud

dumbasses 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good video, liked a lot of it.

Except when Ninja said Halo 1 was only about the pistol

Greenskull's video is out. It features Ninja, Spartan and Mikwen so certainly worthy of your time.

dont want to give greenshill a view. someone tldw?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9