FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

jDot please come back in, your video is broken. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

-jDot out

Just out of pure curiosity, do you hold a walkie talkie while typing? Because my imagination hopes you do. Also how come you don't check in and only out?? It's like a Kramer thing.

Oh, also I don't like the things going on in Halo right now (Discussion thread obligations) keep fighting the good fight bros.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone else find it strange that 343 is basically telling the community to give them proof that what they liked about old Halo games would make new games successful and fun? Hey customer prove to me that you'd buy this go ahead I dare ya.

Nah 343, you sell me on your watered down future game it's not my job to sell you on anything. They must really they think they're some hotshot do nothing wrong developer.

When they announce Halo 6 some people will probably say man that's an improvement they might be listening to us now. It'll release unfinished then 3 months later when the majority is gone and no patches have come in (if they do it'll be a 30gb update and all you get is to choose a pack of hubba bubba for your spartan) people will fuss YouTube videos of "what the community needs" will come out again. It's become a cycle. Losing and gaining slight hope in 343 has become the new wake up early on Saturday and 1v1 on guardian. It's our new favorite pastime.

I wanna be dead wrong and feel like a dumbass in 2 years but at that point Halo will be a franchise with bad games just as long as it was a franchise with great ones.

(Rant over)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only person who is surprised that there hasn't been a small studio build a game that emulates the classic Halo experience?

There has been a void in the marketplace for nearly a decade that is just begging to be filled. 

Murder Miners

Also

This is the only COD event I have ever look forward to. Gonna be interesting to see how the Halo players do.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Was just looking over Xbox live most played games list - fucking Rainbow 6 Siege is top 3? Halo is 20 something next to BC Black Ops 2 for 360. Why the actual fuck is 343 questioning anyone or anything or any numbers - God Damn I just got triggered and I have no friends to vent to so I'm type here - BECAUSE none of my friends play Halo anymore!

• Upvote (+1) 3

no idea if this worked or not.. bare with me this video has no clear agenda.  

skol vikes, 

-jDot out

You kinda look like Roy if he had a beard.

no idea if this worked or not.. bare with me this video has no clear agenda.  

video

skol vikes, 

-jDot out

Frank's video, and this, is actually inspiring me to make a video and express my frustation, lol. Maybe we all should do one, that way it can count as data  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 3

If you're in a position where you've gotten to this point, literally begging for positivity from the only people who are around to give you feedback:

Take a step back and think. Hard.

What do I like , let's see.

Halo CE

Halo 2

Halo 3 (partially)

ez.

• Upvote (+1) 1

(Rant over)

I feel like it's pretty obvious at this point that 343 are willing to find any excuse to keep pushing their vision of Halo No matter how low the player base drops there will always be reasons other than the glaringly obvious to choose from.

The competitive community will always be treated as a small and irrelevant section of players, even though two years down the road (on Halo 5) we're still actively engaging with them and with the game. I totally understand that we're not the only ones and that there's differing opinions to the competitive mindset on Waypoint and r/halo but there has to be at least some acknowledgement of the fact that even though we've been so incredibly frustrated with the direction 343 has taken Halo, we're still active.

For the most part when people don't like something they move on quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, let's Play a fun depressing little game. 

1) write down the number of core people that you used to play halo with at least a few times a week during the Halo 2 and 3 golden years.

2) Then put the number of people that are left playing with you now (include anybody that still plays regularly, even if you don't "party up" that much anymore cuz life).
3) Include yourself in both numbers and do the math

i'll start

Used to play as a tight party: 7

Number still playing: 1

Modern Halo Loss/gain: -6

^data point. We can aggregate it later

• Upvote (+1) 2

1) write down the number of core people that you used to play halo with at least a few times a week during the Halo 2 and 3 golden years.

2) Then put the number of people that are left playing with you now (include anybody that still plays regularly, even if you don't "party up" that much anymore cuz life).

i'll start

Used to play: 15

Still Playing: 0

Loss/Gain: -15

Purely IRL friends who'd be at my house every week to play Halo. Could be a lot more if I included Xbox Live friends and Local competitive community people (as far as I know none of them play anymore).

i'll start

Used to play as a tight party: 5

Number still playing: 2

Halo Loss/gain: -3

Two are completely done with gaming for the most part, my doubles partner still plays but we hardly can play. MCC brought some magic back, but it was short lived. Never forget the memories we all shared in og halo, won't ever happen again :(

According to Xbox Ones Most popular list (which you can now literally filter by "number of players" if there was any debate) Halo 5 is sitting at #164 for current online players. It's sitting between Naruto Storm 4 and RBI baseball. About 16 spots under MCC.

I'm not sure what to think.

And people still argue against classic halo. I think we ALL realize we won't ever get halo ce/2/3 again. We just want some fun halo, with no sprint and extra abilities!