CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The h4 event after had more teams as well. Most of these were established and popular mlg locations

What does that have to do with columbus?

Your assertion is that the columbus location caused a 100+ team increase. Even though nothing even close to that had ever happened before at a columbus event.

It only happened in 2012.

At the ZBNS event.

orii "the game sucks so we shouldn't bother with esports"

The game sucks so give feedback about the game.

The game changing is what will help halo esports the most.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

are you new here?

Been here long enough to see the h5 defense force neg the hell out of any and all gameplay related feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Columbus 2012 shoots up 100+ teams with ZBNS. But ya, clearly it wasnt because of the settings.

Settings help. Can't argue against that. But it's like you are ignoring the rest for the sake of a good troll so I'm gonna bid you a good day!

• Upvote (+1) 1

What does that have to do with columbus?

Your assertion is that the columbus location caused a 100+ team increase. Even though nothing even close to that had ever happened before at a columbus event.

It only happened in 2012.

At the ZBNS event.

As i said at the end of the last post most of these other locations were well established mlg venues. The comment relating to halo 4 was purely to show that increases are not always tied to settings. H4 sucked yet it had ~50+ teams than columbus so settings clearly not the only thing to consider.

How about a Cortana cosplay girl to present the trophy.

Only if it's Simms who's cosplaying as Cortana.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How does these numbers compare to 04-09?

here are the numbers:

preach

78Rh98Q.png

link

here's a visual

so i would say pretty on par. halo 3 had higher peaks but that could be due to the 360 greatly outselling the ps3 and og xbox

Look at that massive jump when the SETTINGS changed and sprint was dropped.

guys what if 343 hired ori to finally run those no sprint tournies he's been telling beyond to do?

Settings help. Can't argue against that. But it's like you are ignoring the rest for the sake of a good troll so I'm gonna bid you a good day!

Ignore the rest?

You're the one that deleted 80% of my post where I looked back at multiple other columbus events through the years and showed how that venue never caused a large spike in team sign ups.

If the only year we saw a spike at the columbus event is the year it housed the settings change that would indicate the spike was caused by the settings change.

Sorry the facts don't fit your narrative.

I think some people are misunderstanding MLG's wanted involvement by others.

Halo 5 is pretty much coming to a close next year, console video games aren't like PC games where you can have a rough start (CS:GO for example) and turn that around and build it into a powerhouse. Because of the constant / on-going issues we have had in the last few years, it's taken a toll on the entire competitive Halo community. The prizing has been incredible though btw.

People want MLG because of their track record, when you go to watch or attend a MLG event you don't worry if something is going to happen like the 8 man listen-in, two top teams playing off-stream, Championship Monday, etc. I'm not expecting 100k viewers for Halo, I'm expecting events and streams to be well oiled machines again fulled by passion as a springboard to grow Halo eSports again. People like stability basically.

This, plus I do think they can grow it, because MLG knows how to promote and build hype. People who watch/care about console esports will see it, tune in, and maybe stay around. I think the game is inherently watchable enough to gain more traction with stability + promotion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As i said at the end of the last post most of these other locations were well established mlg venues. The comment relating to halo 4 was purely to show that increases are not always tied to settings. H4 sucked yet it had ~50+ teams than columbus so settings clearly not the only thing to consider.

Orlando isn't a well established MLG venue?

Columbus event in h4 had 41 teams...

Half of what the next event had.

How many more events does Optic have to win before they upset Final Boss? How many events has each team won? Will they only do it if somehow the next H5 or H6 events have the same number of people as H2 and H3 show up? I feel like if they win the next event and a 3rd Worlds they have to be the best or second best Halo team of all time, with no roster changes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Only if it's Simms who's cosplaying as Cortana.

photograph me like one of your french girls

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'd love to watch Halo as well.

:D

Sorry the facts don't fit your narrative.

The facts before Columbus 2012: 

Providence was 4 months before it. People were itching for another event.

Most people don't go to Nationals.

Orlando was 5 months before it.

MLG was thinking of dropping Halo before it. The future of Halo was uncertain.

There was major hype built up to spectate or compete in Open FFA to support the scene.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Columbus 2012 got a huge bump because it was obvious Halo was dying and people went out of their way to go. Seriously the conversation going around was practically "FUCKING GO TO THIS EVENT OR WE'RE FUCKING DEAD"

It was the event the crowd all loudly chanted Halo (Towey took a video but I'm not sure it exists anymore)

Yes. And the settings were at the very heart of this.

The settings improved. We got we wanted. People knew they had to show up and show that if good, halo gameplay was provided people would support it.

Which they did.

Orlando isn't a well established MLG venue?

Columbus event in h4 had 41 teams...

Half of what the next event had.

Just to be clear, i agree that improving the base game is a very good way to improve viewership etc just that other aspects also play a big part.

Improved TO and structure can do a lot for an esports success.

This, plus I do think they can grow it, because MLG knows how to promote and build hype. People who watch/care about console esports will see it, tune in, and maybe stay around. I think the game is inherently watchable enough to gain more traction with stability + promotion.

I would say an MLG event in a midwest or East coast venue would break Atlanta's if people like the settings. Nostalgia alone could bring an extra 15-20 teams imo. Mixed with a good city and good settings. All with the promotion from MLG, would boast viewers and team attendance. I personally would want a combine with Gears or CoD. After being at Denver and seeing people from other games coming over and watching Halo, I think it is only healthy for Halo to be with other games.

Columbus 2012 got a huge bump because it was obvious Halo was dying and people went out of their way to go. Seriously the conversation going around was practically "FUCKING GO TO THIS EVENT OR WE'RE FUCKING DEAD"

It was the event the crowd all loudly chanted Halo (Towey took a video but I'm not sure it exists anymore)

It is interesting that except for outliers like the 2012 MLG event in H4, H5 has had more teams show up than H2:A, H4, and H1. AND our last two events have been the biggest in H5, despite the drop in population caused by the games age. 

• Upvote (+1) 1