FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm glad you guys have the energy to still give 343 the time of day. I'm exhausted and infuriated just from reading all these tweets.

Same brother.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Y'all drive me insane sometimes. Really is like listening to a broken record lol.

"Bring back classic Halo"

"WHERE'S THE TO ANNOUNCEMENT??"

"This 343 employee said something i disagree with"

And so on and so forth. Day after day, after day.

Don't you get tired of saying the same thing over and over? I know I get tired of reading it lol.

Don't you get tired of Halo being dog shit and 343 pretending not to notice?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know this movie get a lot of flak, but i lowkey think its good.

Pantry Doors OP plz nerf, but that Signs - Hands of Fate song though. Love it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why can't 343 just add a poll that pops up when you start up Halo. Don't stop at Halo 5 either. Put the poll onto Halo 3, Reach, and MCC. This seems like a simple way to obtain a fair consensus about sprint and abilities from all current existing Halo players. While these polls are running they could add a poll to the dashboard on the Xbox home and also on the mobile app allowing each profile to vote once. This will allow people who stopped playing halo to be heard. They could compare the results and use that data to further investigate who is voting for which option based on total time played in each Halo, multiplayer games played, and other metrics. I don't think they realize how detrimental releasing another enhanced mobility Halo will have on the franchise's future. I'm not saying completely remove all of the enhanced movement from future titles but at least make it a custom game option rather than a default mechanic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here's some data:

I used to be able to have Big Team Battle custom games on any given day of the week.

Now I can't find a Big Team Battle in matchmaking without it timing out.

D A T A

BTB alone would have kept me on MCC for years, if anything other than Halo 3 got picked. I can't justify playing Slayer on Valhalla 100 times just to get one game of CTF on Waterworks where half the people quit out, just because it isn't Halo 3. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry, I know we should be nice and not kick the chances we get when someone from 343 tries to communicate, but this Jessica is grinding my gears.

Her behaviour of explaining or arguing is the sole reason why Halo went to shit. She speaks like solely ona business level and only about data from focus group testing.

Did they ever find out that the people who crossed 'yes' on 'does halo need sprint' are the same people who move on from Halo asap when a different fps releases? Did they ever find out why they are not able to build a game that is able to sustain at least a healty population over its lifespan? While trying to incorporate all these features and abilities 'focus groups' really liked they created something that felt fringe to Halo but also fringe to everything else. No party is really happy and legacy features get cut because there is no time left working on them.

Her twitter campaign and trial to gather information is a good example how 343 is completely missing the point or has no clue how to build Halo as a brand.

It is really sad.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why no Truth Oddball? Does it just not play well in H5?

The thing is you need to test if it plays well... If they want to test how things differ from previous iterations of the game and how it works now they need to implement it and see how it works.

I love how 343's problem is we have to provide them data, when they themselves aren't providing the data to us.

LIke what do you mean the data shows people like sprint more? What data? Show me this data, 343. Where is it? Is it internally-collected data? Who are you surveying? What are the methodologies here? Why should we believe you then if you won't even show us this data? 

They claim to have all this data that shows people like their direction. And yet all the publicly available information indicates otherwise. Stream views, population rankings, even anecdotal experience is at least more than what data they've provided us (aka none). What conclusion do they expect us to come to, aside from "halo is dead"?

It's this really subtle, insidious thing they do where they ignore the public data we all can access in favour of internal data none of us can see, in an attempt to control the narrative around data entirely. They take out things like population counters within the game to continue to consolidate this narrative. And it doesn't even acknowledge that sometimes data isn't applicable in certain situations, but that conversation is so fucking far away right now it's not even worth pursuing.

I will never understand why they do this -- we're far beyond that point. It's obviously a misguided failure of a method. But I guess if I were to summarize 343i in a phrase, it would literally be "misguided failure". So I guess I shouldn't expect anything more than this. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I love how 343's problem is we have to provide them data, when they themselves aren't providing the data to us.

LIke what do you mean the data shows people like sprint more? What data? Show me this data, 343. Where is it? Is it internally-collected data? Who are you surveying? What are the methodologies here? Why should we believe you then if you won't even show us this data? 

They claim to have all this data that shows people like their direction. And yet all the publicly available information indicates otherwise. Stream views, population rankings, even anecdotal experience is at least more than what data they've provided us (aka none). What conclusion do they expect us to come to, aside from "halo is dead"?

It's this really subtle, insidious thing they do where they ignore the public data we all can access in favour of internal data none of us can see, in an attempt to control the narrative around data entirely. They take out things like population counters within the game to continue to consolidate this narrative. And it doesn't even acknowledge that sometimes data isn't applicable in certain situations, but that conversation is so fucking far away right now it's not even worth pursuing.

I will never understand why they do this -- we're far beyond that point. It's obviously a misguided failure of a method. But I guess if I were to summarize 343i in a phrase, it would literally be "misguided failure". So I guess I shouldn't expect anything more than this. 

Its easy to understand why they do it. It gives them a license to lie or cherry pick facts with nothing to contradict them. They control the narrative as long as they reference data that nobody is allowed to see

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 is like the delusional senior citizen in a nursing home..."the data, the data, the data...they don't understand the data, the data..."

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you're in a position where you've gotten to this point, literally begging for positivity from the only people who are around to give you feedback:

Take a step back and think. Hard.

Pretty sure Jessie has never played a video game for more than a consecutive hour - not being sarcastic

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty sure Jessie has never played a video game for more than a consecutive hour - not being sarcastic

I wouldn't be shocked. It's like if I became a user researcher for the Pentagon. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I dont think I've EVER seen TB this active before.

And I'm going to need more Rep, ive been DISHING out those upvotes

• Upvote (+1) 8