CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So Jessabirdy is a user researcher at the Microsoft Studios and Xbox research team.

Remember this interview with Eric Schuh? He was also a Senior User Researcher at Microsoft Studios and Xbox research team and some quotes from the article:

"We spend a day in Microsoft's User Research labs to see how the company uses public feedback to polish its most important game (Halo 4):

"As the Halo lead in Microsoft's Studios User Research and Central Analytics department, he's spent the past two years collecting data on the much-anticipated sci-fi shooter. He and other team members recruit players, sit them in front of Xboxes, then watch, record and analyze everything that happens. They learn what confuses people, and turn their data into advice to the development team on what to babyproof and what to amputate."

"We like to keep this as scientific as possible," he says. What some companies call "playtests" he calls "studies," what some call "game rooms" he calls "labs," and what some call "players" he calls "participants"

https://www.polygon.com/2012/10/24/3538296/data-entry-risk-management-and-tacos-inside-halo-4s-playtest-labs

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Y'all drive me insane sometimes. Really is like listening to a broken record lol.

"Bring back classic Halo"

"WHERE'S THE TO ANNOUNCEMENT??"

"This 343 employee said something i disagree with"

And so on and so forth. Day after day, after day.

Don't you get tired of saying the same thing over and over? I know I get tired of reading it lol.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 25

Y'all drive me insane sometimes. Really is like listening to a broken record lol.

"Bring back classic Halo"

"WHERE'S THE TO ANNOUNCEMENT??"

"This 343 employee said something i disagree with"

And so on and so forth. Day after day, after day.

Don't you get tired of saying the same thing over and over? I know I get tired of reading it lol.

Bring back classic Halo

WHERE'S THE TO ANNOUNCEMENT??

This 343 employee said something i disagree with

Now fuck off

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Am I the only person who is surprised that there hasn't been a small studio build a game that emulates the classic Halo experience?

There has been a void in the marketplace for nearly a decade that is just begging to be filled. 

Dr Disrespect frequently talks about how he'd like to have his own game studio so he can build something that puts Blueballs and everyone else to shame.

I don't know if he's strictly thinking of a battle royale game, but I do believe eventually he'll get the opportunity to create something. He's talked highly of classic Halo on multiple occasions, would be pretty cool if he took that route when the time comes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only person who is surprised that there hasn't been a small studio build a game that emulates the classic Halo experience?

There has been a void in the marketplace for nearly a decade that is just begging to be filled.

Because the genre is dead. Arena shooter is a dead genre
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The only game that was actually kind of similar to real arena shooters was CE

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only game that was actually kind of similar to real arena shooters was CE

Exactly, but even that, no halo can truly be considered an arena shooter. Halo was a very unique experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if the BR change was a cover for us to stop asking about the next TO..

Tin-foil-hats-Signs.jpg

I know this movie get a lot of flak, but i lowkey think its good.

I'll never forget lining up to play H2A at EGX and the guy currently playing asks the Xbox staff "what's the sprint button".

THAT is a perfect example of exactly why they want it.  "people expect it". Go fuck yourself. that's why people say they prefer it too.  They are confusing "preference" with "expectation" it feels icky when they hit what they think is sprint and they crouch instead.  Give it 4 games and they get over it.  Having sprint fucks up the experience way more for the people that hate it than not having sprint would fuck up the experience for the people that say they want it.

Dr Disrespect frequently talks about how he'd like to have his own game studio so he can build something that puts Blueballs and everyone else to shame.

I don't know if he's strictly thinking of a battle royale game, but I do believe eventually he'll get the opportunity to create something. He's talked highly of classic Halo on multiple occasions, would be pretty cool if he took that route when the time comes.

@@Clap tweeted about that being a life-goal as well.  Create a game that from the tweet description sounds an awful lot like OG halo.

i would play that.

Halo is more aptly described as a hybrid shooter imo. Not a true "Arena shooter".  the arena shooter genre that is dead is the Quake and UT type games.  Which is a crying shame imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would be really curious to see how Halo would sell if it didn't have the name to it, I feel gamers continue to play more because of the name attached to the game more than the actual content provided.

This is literally the only reason I still have the game

do you want worlds to be held in

A) Burbank

B) Downtown Burbank?

Either or, Im just curious which Chuck-E-Cheese they will stick us in. Hopefully one with a big ass ball pit

Bring back classic Halo

WHERE'S THE TO ANNOUNCEMENT??

This 343 employee said something i disagree with

Now fuck off

Wow, good one. Obviously a very mature and well thought out response to someone who has a different opinion other than your own.

lol snipedown melting some fool [tweet=https://twitter.com/EDWSnip3down/status/936354959918026755]

• Upvote (+1) 4

At this point, I hope some other developers pick up the idea of classic style competitive arena shooter and make it a massive hit. There is always someone to take the risk and set the trends so other companies can "collect the data". Bungie once did it, sadly 343 is on the other half of the fence now.

Seems the so called vast majority isn't playing halo :). I wonder why. Go back to 2010 and let me know