CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Phil won't take any action. Microsoft doesn't care that Halo has declined, they see it as the result of market forces rather than 343s incompetence. They have lower expectations of it than they used to.

Oh, Phil cares alright - they are spending A LOT of money keeping 343 afloat. 

Ace currently running another sprint/no sprint poll. As someone who had no idea the Feedback Program existed at all, I would much prefer if he or another pro ran a "Are you a part of the HCFP?"

Ace currently running another sprint/no sprint poll. As someone who had no idea the Feedback Program existed at all, I would much prefer if he or another pro ran a "Are you a part of the HCFP?"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, Phil cares alright - they are spending A LOT of money keeping 343 afloat.

Well Halo can still be counted on to sell more than most games. But they no longer aim for 10+million sales. And it's clear that they no longer care about its longevity, cultural relevance, or general standing in the industry.

Honestly coming back here (here as in Halo in general, not BE) just makes me frustrated and depressed. Theres zero hope for Halo as long as 343 is at the helm.

Whats the point in even saying anything or calling out their bullshit anymore? It doesn't matter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What really confuses me is how they seem to be very up front about ignoring all other avenues of feedback. Choosing only to listen to a "feedback program" instead of traditional methods(Facebook,Twitter,Twitch, Etc). I'm almost certain no one even remotely knew about the program until today. obviously I am speaking in a general sense. For me this was the first I've heard about it

I think they are more afraid of the scenario where someone expects Sprint and then asks "where's the Sprint button?" and get frustrated because now they can't move any faster.

Buuuuuut none of that matters if you have appropriate movement/player mechanics, an engaging sandbox, and good map design.

I'll never forget lining up to play H2A at EGX and the guy currently playing asks the Xbox staff "what's the sprint button".

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am sure they will make an announcement after Hanukkah. 

What really confuses me is how they seem to be very up front about ignoring all other avenues of feedback. Choosing only to listen to a "feedback program" instead of traditional methods(Facebook,Twitter,Twitch, Etc). I'm almost certain no one even remotely knew about the program until today. obviously I am speaking in a general sense. For me this was the first I've heard about it

The real reason imo is that the people who know what is going on probably don't want to accept it and the newer people are just trying to do the right thing and check the data to make informed decisions since they obviously have nothing to do with the actual Halo community or its legacy. I'd be surprised if they even knew where/what Halo used to be in comparison to where it is now

Remember the millions of gamers asking about sprint in overwatch about 2 years ago?

The reason they're so scared about sprint is because they do their best to appeal to the super casual console FPS CoD kid. Now those people never stay because, well, CoD is way better at being CoD than Halo is or will ever be but as long as they keep trying to appeal to a demographic that doesn't want them they'll keep trying to force things like sprint into the game

The real reason imo is that the people who know what is going on probably don't want to accept it and the newer people are just trying to do the right thing and check the data to make informed decisions since they obviously have nothing to do with the actual Halo community or its legacy. I'd be surprised if they even knew where/what Halo used to be in comparison to where it is now

The reason they're so scared about sprint is because they do their best to appeal to the super casual console FPS CoD kid. Now those people never stay because, well, CoD is way better at being CoD than Halo is or will ever be but as long as they keep trying to appeal to a demographic that doesn't want them they'll keep trying to force things like sprint into the game

It's not like casual kids avoid games if they don't have sprint. They just play the games that are being sold to them if they play way.

Sprint makes halo play worse. It has run off casual halo players and competitive players alike.

Remember the millions of gamers asking about sprint in overwatch about 2 years ago?

To be fair Overwatch was a brand new IP. It's the fans of the new style of Halo that they're afraid of alienating, which seems just seems backwards to me, as the already alienated fans of old Halo, who aren't playing anymore, are the reason the population numbers are a joke. They're so committed to building from the Reach/4/5 model, when there's like 7 years of evidence showing that style can't hold a playerbase, or decent stream numbers, or any kind of lasting interest really.